Out of fear as I will explain:<br />
With a god you ALWAYS have somewhere there with you.<br />
With a god you will have MASSIVE benefits for believing in him such as heaven etc.<br />
With a god you are INVITED to ignorance as if you start asking ANY questions you will automatically be called a disbeliever.<br />
THEREFORE if you believe in a god you believe that we are alone, the universe is ours and we are safe.<br />
...Even the highest scientists/mathematics say that to some questions there is simply no answer.<br />
Religion was created to have an answer for everything.<br />
Why we're here<br />
How we're here etc.<br />
If you are an agnostic you have to virtually shed all these believes to become open minded<br />
There MIGHT be a god or there MIGHT NOT<br />
Therefore this places people with no answer to life and out of fear go back to religion<br />
>.<

Best Answer

I consider myself an agnostic theist.<br />
After carefully examining my concience, that's where my thinking lies. It may change. It's not static, and It's not difficult to figure out how I feel. But to assume that other ways of thinking are wrong would be an mistake. You think what you think. Admitting that we are 100 percent sure of anything, without proof is, in my humble opinion, an error in judgement.

Best Answer

The only intellectual position is agnostic atheism, all others are just varying degrees of accepting a delusion of one kind or another.

Best Answer

agreed

Best Answer

Agnosticism is dependent on what "God" is thought to be.... Whether or not there is evidence for the existence of "God" depends entirely on what you consider "God" to be. <br />
My contention is that "God" is Consciousness, the highest frequency and the fastest vibration of energy which is the ground of all being, it is a non-duality. This means proof or evidence for this "God" is anything and everything.

Best Answer

I'm also kind of inclined to lean that way, but remain agnostic.

Best Answer

Because they don't have to, quite frankly. I've yet to meet anyone really devout who would make the argument that they're even looking at things from an intellectual pov, anyway. Their belief system is about "faith" and "tradition". And it's unshakeable.

Best Answer

Many faithful can be shaken.

Best Answer

Most I meet seem to find someone else mortal to blame things on, never their god...

Best Answer

One doesn't need to blame their god to be shaken of there faith, just simply cease to believe in it's truth.

Best Answer

Their families aren't agnostic. Theyhave been taught a religion from their family. No one wants to lose that connection.

Best Answer

but what about those in the atheist community that claim knowledge?

Best Answer

Maybe because they see theists and how they have faith in God, which doesn't seem logical, their own logic tells them if the people they don't agree with thinks this, it must be the opposite

Best Answer

Admit to whom ? It's neither intellectually sound, nor socially wise to enable anyone trying to force their views concerning the unproveable onto any one. Even when I agree with such arguments, I won't admit it because I disagree with the practice of imposing spiritual view on others.

Best Answer

Is it so bad to expect people to analyze and admit they don't know. In any other category it would be absurd to allow people to walk around claiming to know things they clearly do not.

Best Answer

Not only are they not certain, they have no ******* clue.

Best Answer

Yes. It's none of your business unless they ask for your opinion.

Best Answer

It's my business as soon as it leaves their mouth. Is this is the only situation in which I'm not allowed to correct something that is obviously false? Furthermore, why would I censor my own "beliefs" for there emotional protection? Christians explicitly claim that I'm hell bound and I can't make a simple, very true, statement indicating that they do not and can not possibly claim that as fact.

Best Answer

I really don't see why one should put up with the insane claims of others. I'm subjected to it on a daily basis. These clearly deluded and irrational people are running the country I live in and effecting the lives of others with their insanity.

Best Answer

Wow, you have some issues, there, mate! Either it is wrong to force your philolophical views on others or it's not. It's impossible to push your views onto others for pushing their views, without being a hypocrite.

Best Answer

Indoctrination

Best Answer

How does that weigh on many of the atheists making claims to truth though?

Best Answer

Many been brought up strong to believe their way is right or have had some kind of experience that has swayed them that way.

Best Answer