Everyone is judgemental on some levels. Often the people who scream loudest against it are the very definition of the word. It is an act of self-preservation, socially, emotionally and in the most literal sense. We are programmed to identity traits which could be either negative and/or positive in our environment. Often individuals overlook the fact that even a positive impression without tested evidence to reinforce it is also a judgement. The key to it is realizing that it is a natural response and completely healthy as long as one knows they are being judgemental and makes a mental note of their instincts while maintaining an open mind/pensive posture depending on the initial assumption. Always think for yourself and allow others to do the same. The problem with the previously mentioned "mental notes" is that the more dogmatic an individual is the less paper they have to work with.<br />
Wait......was that judgemental?

Best Answer

i totally agree with you. it is an integral part of decision making and our survival instinct. As long as there are differences between people, there will be some degree of judgement.

Best Answer

It's very easy to forget that we're all individuals and that others will not always follow our own personal standards. We are brought up with standards, and certain perceptions of how things should be. It's tough to look beyond that and understand that what applies to me doesn't necessarily apply to you.

Best Answer

It masks their own feelings of inadequacy.

Best Answer

if they weren't people might trust everyone too much and get taken advantage of.

Best Answer

Some bank on conformity as a social contract for happiness, when their own feelings are unintelligible, undeveloped, or unacceptable. Some know their own feelings, but don't believe others minds work on the same principles.

Best Answer

Well, in my judgement...

Best Answer

Got me there,you have any ideas,let me know

Best Answer

We all like to think that in some way we are better than the rest of humanity. <br />
A quick answer to that is to pick the bad points in people so you can feel superior. <br />
AND dont forget that e have evolved from animals who for thousands of years had to suvive. Their survival meant that they had to make a snap reading of an encounter and situation. They had to quickly decide if the one they met was food, or wanting to kill and eat htme. They had to decide if climbing that ridge or crossing that river would hurt them. So snap judgements are built into our nature.

Best Answer

because theyre butts..that is all

Best Answer

Because they're douches that haven't gone through anything in their sheltered life. The more judgemental you are, the more bridges you burn. I don't care though ... more for me.

Best Answer