I'm 56, and there are women in their 20's and early 30's chasing me. I don't have much in common with these kids (besides being old enough to be their Father). I am flattered by their attention, but what real relationship would result?
longshorts3 longshorts3 56-60, M 61 Answers Jun 4, 2012

Maturity. Plus we know how to treat a lady nicely!<br />
I watch the young bucks, and I'm surprised ANY of those idiots get laid!

Best Answer

Because they would rather date someone who isn't going to act like a 5 year old. I prefer to date guys who are older rather than younger than me. Maybe not that much older, but the concept is still the same. But really, I don't see how age should matter when it comes to attraction... if you like someone, you like them. <br />
Just don't go for the ones who have nothing but air floating through their pretty skulls....

Best Answer

But those are the most fun! ;)

Best Answer

I just turned 32 today my daughter's father was in his 30 $ @ I was 18 when I met him, she is 12. My boyfriend now of 5 months is 46, an sexy. He is open minded, an I like that.....

Best Answer

Older guys r more stable, im working on a degree, duh a masters I want a mature man to drive that brand new truck im gonna buy him not some young fool thats gonna tear it up

Best Answer

Younger women who choose to be with older men do so because they can. True, there are older men who chase young women for a lot of reasons. We are sold on youth by society, that some don't buy into it is the reason some marriages last so long. Some men are trying to recapture youth, that's true too. Some young girls may be genuinely attracted or they may be trying to recapture what they really felt for their fathers. Who knows and who cares?<br />
Women can't deny the existence of "Cougars" as older women attracted to young men are called. It's they way things are. The question originally posed in this post probably wasn't ba<x>sed on the idea that young women seeking older men are suffering from some emotional flaw. <br />
That a loving relationship can cross and ignore the imagined boundaries of time is where the wonder comes in. The answer is simple, most of society's disapproving taboos about behavior are ba<x>sed in the need to hide the truth, not stand out, to conform, and to present a picture of so called acceptable "morality". That the drive to keep up that "image" is what creates a sick and secretive society full of closeted spirits is evident. <br />
Just imagine a society in which the missionary position for the sole purpose of procreation between legally and church sanctioned married people is a perversion. Not possible? Then just imagine a society that believes the pinnacle of morality is one in which young girls should have their clitorises removed in puberty and be used only as a masturbatory device by men. <br />
We live in a strange world full of strange practices and beliefs. That a young woman can be attracted to an older man and that society should judge either of them harshly is truly a waste of time. There are far worse things than a loving relationship between two people.

Best Answer

This is a REPOST: Copied and pasted from online article... Has valid points..

Best Answer

It's pure attraction. The way you carry yourself draws them to you. That's how it is sometimes. The first time I met the father of my closest male friend from high school, I could not help myself. I found myself flirting with his father. I was about 21 years old and his father was 67 if I remember correctly. I still find him incredibly sexy, even at the 70 yr old mark. He is in great shape and looks at least 20 yrs younger.

Best Answer

Maybe they feel safe next to you & sees u as a gentleman

Best Answer

I am dating a 72 year old man and you are right. It's not about money. He is the second older man I have been with. The first was was 65 and I was with him til he died. Although there are alot of downfalls to being with an older man I find that they are much more experienced in life and in love and know how to treat a woman in every way. You aren't as old but the girls you are with are probably looking for security and stability with or without money. Watch out though cause some girls do go after men for their money.

Best Answer

I don't have the money to date steadily, so some women foot the bill for the evening. I try to express my appreciation of this any way I can. BUT, I cannot satisfy a woman as regards to having children. I have three boys (grown and on their own), and do not want any more children. I do not want to take the chance that I will not be around to help raise another child. It isn't fair to the child, nor the Mother. I just want someone close to my age who has had her children, and would be satisfied with me and the children we have already raised. Of course, a younger woman who is childless by preference, or by fate would be acceptable to me.

Best Answer

Um, I'm not with a "young" woman now nor am I looking. I was just answering a question and offering a perspective based on observation and experience. One thing I observe is people least sure of themselves tend to judge others more stringently. No one really cares what they think, but I feel passionately judgmental people, especially in matters of other people's relationships and sexuality, are frustrated. And rather than harping on what they don't like in others, perhaps they should look to what makes them happy within themselves. They're not going to change others, perhaps they'd be happier changing their attitude.

Best Answer

I am 72 and I have a 21 year old lady wanting a relationship badly. She knows she will be treated properly and not used. She knows she will get what she always wanted, companionship ,
Intimacy and fun.

Best Answer

Your a sick child molester and she has no brain at 21 to figure that out? Thank God you dont live in my town I'm sure you would have a handful of trouble and your age would not matter to what they might do to you!

Best Answer

Let me ask you this if you had a 18 year old and I was say 60 could I sexualy use her if she said she would not mind? Or would you say thats my girl and your too old for her?

Best Answer

Your a sick little girl and in time I hope you see what your doing is wrong Sounds to me like you found your sugar daddy

Best Answer

Experience is essential

Best Answer

There's an old adage about a young bull and an old bull standing on a hill overlooking a herd of heifers. The young bull runs down the hill, the old bull strolls.

Best Answer

Je connais!

Best Answer

I'm 55 .. not too bad looking, in good shape.. but I don't turn heads like I use to bud. Not even like I did just 5 years ago, but that's ok. I understand that as a guy ages the number of women who will find him attractive will decrease. When I was in my 40's, I had a difficult time keeping women off me and got into A LOT of trouble because I didn't have the self control to turn them down.

Best Answer

they are chasing the father that ran out on them

Best Answer

My father passed away an he was around before he died, come up with better answer

Best Answer

Thats just an stereotype I have two dads, my biological and step dad and each play a role in my life. At the same time ive always had an attraction for older guys.

Best Answer

prove it lol

Best Answer

Older women have too much baggage. Too set in their ways. and are looking for a meal ticket. Younger women are alive. Its like looking at a freshly blossomed flower, not one that has wilted under the weight of time. Younger women don't have this attitude problem that older women do. They appreciate the things you do for them without complaints. They say you become like your enviroment....that says it all.

Best Answer

I am 27 years old currently dating a 44 year old. what attracted me to him was not his money..he lived very modestly. I don't have daddy issues. I have a wonderful father. I simply enjoyed his company and how he treated me. In fact I was just glad to speak to someone in full sentences and I didn't have to dumb myself down

Best Answer

Just know your a sick man that messes up young womens lives!!!

Best Answer

I am a 55 year old man, my significant other is 23 , hard to believe but we connect not only on<br />
A sexual level but emotional level<br />
Too. She is a amazing woman even<br />
At 23 and oh ... Shes not bitchy like all the older women my age

Best Answer

Another child raper

Best Answer

They are not kids they are young women but since u see them in that way means you don't love any of them, I'm also in that situation and my partner respects me and treats me equally its been amazing 18 months now

Best Answer

Maturity for one is a huge reason,most guys our age are only after 1 thing or all they want to do is party . So yeah most deffnetly for more than just a good time. Hope that helps?

Best Answer

Author, which biker club (MC) are you patched in with? <br />
Ha ha ha ! ;D<br />
Here's my take on this ''epidemic'...'<br />
Look at the steady growth in the rate of divorce over the last, say, 35 years, give or take 10... What is the effect? well, there are more young women than ever in society today who grew up without a positive fatherly influence in the home. You know, after the divorce, the father often becomes less involved in the lives of his children, even when the custody is split. Even worse, a divorced father will commonly start a new family after his divorce and will in turn begin to show less interest in his children from his previous marriage. <br />
What does this leave us with? A rather sizable number of young women in the general population today who grew up with a deficiency in the department of having a positive elder male (father fig.) in their lives.<br />
Like somebody poster earlier in this thread, young women, often seek out stability and maturity when entering a relationship, the odds are better they will find just that in an elder gent.<br />
:2cents:

Best Answer

It money.....sooner or later....it's about money.

Best Answer

I live in a 1400 sq ft house on 5 acres, so I haven't noticed abridge over my place.

Best Answer

Generally to be honest a younger woman dosent feel any sort of lust or attraction for say an 80 year old man. they may want a father figure, but they dont want to be intimate. ometimes men try so hard to ignore that they are no onger desitreable, and its selfish of them to expect a woman to give up her youth, her glory days to settle down in s eniorland. maybe you are thinking they want you but they simply are being nice and desire is the last thing on their mind. everyone gets old. also i want to add after meeting one nasty perverted old man from the navy "hell hath no fury like a retired navy seal who pays the bills of a bunch of scorned old women scorned."

Best Answer

I will almost bet that guy was NOT former SEAL either. Most SpecWar types won't even tell you. Trust me.

Best Answer

I have the same question and the same issue

Best Answer

Why question providence? Being old enough to know life is full of lovely surprises is sometimes enough.

Best Answer

nothing personal to you or your age but...<br />
I am 34 and fresh on the dating scene. I find that the 55 and older club are trying to chase me. I find this personally revolting because these men could be dating or sleeping with my mother. <br />
When I told her this she was "now I know why I can't find a man my own age, their chasing the 34 year olds".<br />
I also find it discusting that my 35 year old x-husband was chasing the 18-20 yr olds he was in class with.

Best Answer

As you can see, some young women don't find older men disgusting and that's true of younger men being attracted to more mature women as well. It takes all kinds and it's possible some people may find your tastes and proclivities abhorrent.
Understand, not all men (old or young) are chasing anybody. Sometimes someone is genuinely attracted and age doesn't seem to be a factor. I think men who love women (of any age, and respect them) are attractive to all women and maybe especially to some younger ones who may be seeking quality in their relationships rather than the frenetic fumbling of youth.
Life is too short to be disgusted by anything that appeals to others. Being too judgmental ruins relationships and sends lovers in other directions. You may have already experienced that perhaps. This isn't to suggest you "try it", just that being disgusted is such a waste of time.

Best Answer

think about it, would you want to date or be involved with someone that your own mother was involved with? sorry but that is not appealing and neither is a man that is old enough to be my father or grandfather. just my opinion and I have the right to it and to put out my view because not all girls are looking for the older guys.

Best Answer

Very true, and your opinion isn't only a right, but it's most welcome and interesting as far as I'm concerned.
I just felt the word "disgusting" in your original answer was a bit judgmental and strong. As you say, everyone is entitled to an opinion, but being judged harshly for it is still another thing.
I suggest the next time some old dude comes on to you that you take it as a compliment and ask if they have a son who's not too old for you. That will send them home to their Geritol and arthritis medication. "-) JH

Best Answer

Don't knock it till you tried it. Once you do you won't want to share it.

Best Answer

My response would be to ask you if you have a daughter that that wants to be with respect and treated the way a woman wants to be treated. I am 72 and she would be looking forward to the next date.

Best Answer

I started this post, and I'm going to take on the persona of Robert Heinlein's "Lazarus Long". Lazarus once said in "Time Enough For Love" that if a man loves a woman, he has to love ALL women. You just have to take them one at a time for as long as she will let you. Also, redheads (natural redheads, that is) are a separate species of man, like cats, they exist for their own pleasure and will stay with you forever if you can stand it. Believe me, if a certain redhead that was my first crush ever married me, I would still be with her. She now lives on Jekyll Island in Georgia - she never married, never had children, and even now after 35 years, could have me at a moments notice. I guess, from what I have learned from her and friends - she picks her one night stands, and moves on...........
I did find my redhead after her, but three months after we married, she developed bone cancer, and died in my arms before the year was out. Pretty hard stuff for a twenty year old kid that I was then.

Best Answer

That's up to you, but other women don't have this problem. BTW, a 55 year old guy would have only been 19 or 20 to have been your father. Thats not a huge separation. Back when I was 24 a 51 year old lady seduced me. She's now approx 82.. and NO I don't think we would be going into the bedroom at this point. There seems to be a "bell-curve" for compatibility between men & women. The further out you get, the less you're going to find someone who will find you attractive.

But, anywhere within that area, you'll find all kinds of people attracted to each other.

Best Answer

So try and hookup with younger men. Be a cougar

Best Answer

I find it personally disgusting that older men chase 20 to 30 yr olds because they are "robbing the cradle". Also, if they have children, the older man possibly will not be around to raise them. AND, these younger women are not socially and mentally mature enough to be in the lasting marriage that I want.

Best Answer