When I lived down South, and growing up I encountered lots of country music afficienados who were also Confederate-flag waving racists, which affected how I felt about the music for a long time. But I've found artists I like and respect like Brad Paisley and Darius Rucker, and music that sounds beautiful to me like Patsy Cline and the Eagles, so I've tried to reconcile the political side of it.

Best Answer

Sadly it's always a small group who gives everyone else a bad name. I am not one of those redneck racists, thank God, but I do enjoy country music. Brad Paisley and Darius Rucker are two of my favorites!

Best Answer

i just like it... good stuff!

Best Answer

While I generAlly do not enjoy or appreciate country music. There are exceptions, such as Hank Williams. <br />
However if any artist starts singing about their tractor, or dead dog or dead wife I will absolutely change the station. And rant loudly at whomever is closest about how terrible that song was!

Best Answer

I like it because of the stories they tell in the song. It mostly about love and positive things.

Best Answer

That is exactly why I like it. I used to listen to hip hop, pop, top 40 stuff - but there is a lot of negativity in a lot of those songs. I think there is enough negativity in today's world without hearing more if it. It's nice listening to songs about summer nights, having a beer with good friends, or love.

Best Answer

Exactly. You hit the nail on the head. That's why I listen to jazz country old time radio or talk radio. To much negativity going on in this world.

Best Answer

will i'm a country boy, i love country music one of the greatest country singer Slim Dusty, he just sang song about the country the way it was and the way it is makes me feel like i'm home when i'm in the city listening to country. everyone can love country dont matter how old you are or were you come from

Best Answer

Toby Keith performing "Red Solo Cup" tells the story best. <br />
If you ain't drinking, laughing and loving living, Let's have a party.<br />
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BKZqGJONH68

Best Answer

Yes! Red Solo Cup is my current ringtone, love it.

Best Answer

Most of it is twangy he haw crap... I do appreciate some artists though, like Chesney, Keith, black,...

Best Answer