Some excerpts from Obama’s AIPAC speech siding with Israel You can look at my deeds. Because over the last three years, as president of the United States, I have kept my commitments to the state of Israel. At every crucial juncture - at every fork in the road - we have been there for Israel. Every single time. Four years ago, I stood before you and said that, “Israel’s security is sacrosanct. It is non-negotiable.” That belief has guided my actions as president. The fact is my administration’s commitment to Israel’s security has been unprecedented. Our military and intelligence cooperation has never been closer. Our joint exercises and training have never been more robust. Despite a tough budget environment, our security assistance has increased every single year. We are investing in new capabilities. We’re providing Israel with more advanced technology - the types of products and systems that only go to our closest friends and allies.
2Leadindeed 2Leadindeed 56-60, M 10 Answers Mar 7, 2012

Because 0bama's actions speak louder than his words.

Best Answer

Obama is intelligent and compassionate. He understands history and the inequity in ignoring Palestine's rights while blindly supporting Israel. He recognizes Israel's errors in judgement and acknowledges any breach of agreement or unprovoked attack. How could we respect someone who went beyond protecting the Israeli state to favoring them no matter what?

Best Answer

so how is that koolaid anyway?

Best Answer

Because all the Republican candidates are liars.; and I never said that "all Democrats speak the truth".

As far as "the Washington Elite could care less about the citizens", ..who are the "Washington Elite"???..

Mostly, the Republicans, who are bought and paid for by the likes of the Koch Brothers and other billionaires, and who are supported by ultra-right-wing Neo-cons like Grover Norquist, Karl Rove, Rupert Murdoch, Rush Limbaugh and others....YOU get real!

Best Answer

Oh, and all Democrates speak the truth, get real, the Washington elite could care less about the citizens.

Best Answer

Your right, the Republican filthy rich Washington elite don’t care about the citizens. Republicans keep bringing up this elite in Washington but they never explain what kind of people that is supposed to pertain too. All I can come up with is they are talking about educated people, because if it was people with the most money that are supported by the richest people on the planet like oil companies, then they must be talking about Republicans. I would think we would want someone more educated and smarter than the rest of us to handle a job in Washington. Or do most of us just want a guy that can run a chain saw and drink a Budwiser like that last guy that was president for eight years?

Best Answer

The real "Washington elite" are the filthy rich Republican lawmakers, and they are the ones who "could care lass about the citizens", because they are bought and paid for by billionaires like the Koch brothers & the other 1%'ers

Best Answer

You get real!....It's the Republicans who "could care less about the citizens"!!!

Best Answer

Why do you deny that the President has lied about his support of Israel in action and deed. Have you not heard his own words on an open mike, have you not seen him disrespect the Israel leadership visits to the White House, have you not seen him criticize Israel for retaliation bombings?

Best Answer

Because if he lied I would have some proof that he lied and I don’t any more than you have proof that he did lie. You see this is the main problem with you guys that try and discredit this President, you are so stuck in making a blanket judgment of Obama you won’t even let yourself try and see where he is doing right. And by being that closed minded and one sided about it I’m sure the fact that Obama was also talking about a unified coalition of courtiers working together to put the heat on Iran. What is the guy supposed to say? Of course he has to say he has Israel’s back and will stand with them if they have to go to war with Iran. That send a message to Iran that they not only have Israel to worry about if they don’t shape up, they will also have to deal with the US. But you wouldn’t have noticed that because you think he’s elite and doesn't care so everything he says has no real purpose.

Best Answer

Repeat a lie long enough and people will accept it as truth.

Best Answer

Yeah, I think when Obama said the other day that we have Israel's back, he pretty much proved his support for Israel. But of course they will dispute that. If Obama said the sky is blue, they would dispute that, too.

All the Republicans do is twist his words and tell half truths. They use scare tactics to get elected. What really amazes me is they have evented a fictional man to run against. They make up scary things about the fictional man to divert the voters' attention and thus make them forget that they, the middle class, are the ones most damaged by the Republican policies they are voting for out of fear.

I wish we had Harry Truman back. He took no crap from the media or Republicans.

Best Answer

I think they mean he doesn't go as far as a Republican would go.Republicans are known for going over board for the sake of Israel,Democrats are not as much.

Best Answer

All politicians lie through their teeth, not just GOP candidates. Help change it or get used to it.

Best Answer

I used to go along with and agree to leveling the playing field like that by saying one is just as guilty as the other, but I stopped the day George Bush took office and opinion of who is the most dishonest has went downhill from there. No one will ever convince me again that both sides come anywhere close to the same level of dishonesty. The GOP has turned into the biggest bunch of hypocritical lying bunch I’ve ever seen in over fifty years.

Best Answer