stankadiddlehopper stankadiddlehopper 51-55, M 9 Answers Apr 9, 2012

They're math symbols

Best Answer

Just curious....how do you type the symbol for a euro on a standard keyboard ?

Best Answer

I don't even know how to make a pound sign. lol

Best Answer

You know that's a good Q. It's the "alternative for 5" key but I can't make it appear!

Best Answer

the $ used to have 2|| in it, not just the 1| that's seen these days over the S because the || used to be a U. It used to be a U stacked over an S, meaning, U.S. of course. Can't help you with the £. Got no idea where that one came from. ..Rome maybe?

Best Answer

I have found that most things don't make sense. why do men say "I love you" then beat our brains out?

Best Answer

Because most men are jerks.

Best Answer

It certainly seems to be that way!

Best Answer

I am a man and agree totally. Sometimes I am embarrassed to be one because of their stupid ways.

Best Answer

Likewise about women....So many women making it difficult for men to believe that I am not a lying cheating gold digger!! UG!!

Best Answer

You've got to have some sort of symbol. If someone told they wanted 5 or 10 for something, and didn't tell you 5 or 10 of what, would that make more sense? I think not.

Best Answer

But wouldn't it make more sense to have a "D" and a "P" of some sort?

Best Answer

jayciedubb wrote my answer about $ = U over S (sort of)

Saw Klem the other day...he's still not speaking to you...has something to do with pounds or pesos or rubles or rupees or some such...you know how fast he talks...then there's the spitting...

Best Answer

"Pounds" used to be "Libra" abbreviated Lbs. $ is the abbreviation for Spanish American Peso, or piece of eight (it's a unit of Silver.)

Best Answer

America doesn't use that standard and never has.

Best Answer

Actually I mistated that, $ is not an abbreviation for that, it's just where it's derived.

Best Answer

Before the revolutionary war, prices were in spanish dollars.

Best Answer

Yes, the Spanish dollar used to be very common. That's where we get the name for the American dollar.

Best Answer