Just been talking to an American friend of mine who has worked hard since he left school & was diagnosed with cancer last year.He lost his job due to the recession & rather than remain unemployed he took a minimum wage job.He was refused treatment because he couldn't afford insurance & needed Arizona's welfare Access (AHCCCS) which was denied him as he earned to much money (WTF) so cancer got so bad that he had to give up work & Access was granted after jumping through hoops. It was cancer , does your country not value life??.. Before he stopped working he was turned away from hospital & even his church would not help out, where is the love people.We in the UK are lucky we have an NHS but the conservative party would love to do away with it regardless of what they say when wanting re elected ..America has to wake up ,take your country back from the rich bastards who are getting rich on the back of the poor..
oscarrr2 oscarrr2 46-50, M 20 Answers Jan 22, 2012

The wealthiest 400-500 families/corporations have been running the government since they’ve been able to corrupt it since the 1960s. We as a populace cost too much for the government to maintain so they, and their wealthy masters, are waiting for us to die. Please understand that the vast majority of people here are unaware they’ve been intensely lied to by the government and Cognitive Dissonance certainly won’t them believe that the tightly-controlled national news outlets are lying to them on a daily basis either. Government very quietly removed itself from public control long ago and most people are not aware that it actually happened – thus the attendant obsessions (tv, focus on the self, ego-stroking of competing social classes, and a variety of other red-herrings) induced to maintain distraction away from the truth.

If the absolute truth came out one day in this country, the government knows that the common man and woman would be out in the streets with pitchforks and lit flames to physically remove them with incredible vigor over how things and our future were deliberately stolen from us. I was very angry when I found out. But on an individual level you can’t do anything; others think you’re either crazy or dangerous and avoid you – Cognitive Dissonance. It’s just too scary for most. This is a hungry empire now unfortunately, with places to plunder, palaces to build and underlings to dispatch. When the SHTF, our Pentagon will be the dominant global military structure by far and your City of London will be the financial capitol as well as China being the economic capitol. This information is all public domain – all one has to do is look it up and Think. People choose to fool themselves.

Best Answer

Now that is an answer thank you.I never intended this posting to be about American people but about how the govt shafts & does not help its people in need..Billions spent fighting wars abroad when it could be spent on healthcare..

Best Answer

No problemo. Note the knee-jerk reactions though. Although I love my country and it's people (as you no doubt), you can't just 'tell' them straightaway. Little examples in measured doses will do it. I actually regret slowly removing the rose-tinted glasses from my mum's eyes; she's so aggressive now I almost wish she'd go back to seeing the world from a glass darkly.

Best Answer

Well said oscar, it's scary to see how America's government treats its people, but it's even scarier to see people still so loyal to it?! America is a nation of brainwashing and only a certain level of education. "keep 'em dumb and they won't question much." I really hope the people wake up and smell the coffee.

Best Answer

We have a saying comparing us to mushrooms: "keep them in the dark, feed them sh*t and can them in the end."

Best Answer

I've heard that saying before too. I suppose in time, more people will actually SEE what's going on. :o)

Best Answer

Indeed. Thx for caring.

Best Answer

Fox TV , Tea Party , Evangelicals , GOP , Neo-Cons and other assorted paranoid lunatics.

Best Answer

Decades have propaganda have convinced Americans to equate capitalism with freedom. That misconception is so ingrained now that people accept that profit takes precidence over life.

Best Answer

Because we breed some of the most racist, bigoted people.

Best Answer

I doubt that it was just the powerful who stole control.

I think those who didn't care about control forgot to guard their rights.

The thing about democracy is that it has no chance of working unless the great majority actively accept their responsibility to be involved in creating or contributing to the outcome.

Best Answer

I believe mark twain said it best when he quoted , We have no distinctive criminal class in america save that of Congress .

Best Answer

Why? Because they're are rotten, selfish people who don't care what happens to others. They're called Republicans. They cheer when politicians say sick people should be allowed to die if they are poor. They boo and catcall when an American soldier who is protecting his country admits he is gay. For the most part they're greedy animals who have been lucky in life. They have never been challenged or faced hardship in life so they think anyone who isn't just skating along must lazy or evil. Little do they understand their own evil. Little do they understand how much the God they claim to follow, Jesus Christ would despise them for their greed and hatred for others.

Best Answer

You can blame the conservatives for that. Some people have a hard time grasping common sense, others have way too much money involved to stop and care for the expendables.

Best Answer

I do blame the Republicans & those who have more than they will ever need..People are not expendable , life is precious but not according to the US govt

Best Answer

I could not agree more with Literaturegirl. Having lived in London for nearly a year way back before you were probably even a fetus Oscar, I found that although I do prefer your Healthcare System over ours in many ways, The English and Londoners in particular are not exactly the nicest or most caring people on the planet. Yes, I am generalizing but so are you. :-)

based on your posts, I seriously doubt you have ever even been to the states. Have you?

Best Answer

He's not talking about the American people, he's talking about your lousy government.

Best Answer

No I haven't & will never visit as your country scares me.Nor do I believe what I read in the media but I do believe family & fiends who do live there..Iv lived all over the globe & have yet to find a country that likes yours.Ask yourself why American policy is hated around the globe & the answer isn't envy..I do not HATE Americans I hate your govt , the way it interferes, the wars that it causes , god the list is endless.

Best Answer

Oh I'm sorry. I didn't realise you were Oscar's Press Secretary Mystic. :-) Evidently, you missed the part where he wrote ..."Before he stopped working he was turned away from hospital & even his church would not help out, where is the love people". However Mystic, I do appreciate that out Government is incredibly corrupt and ****** up and has been for a whole lot of years. I'm not happy with it either, believe me.

Best Answer

But you justify it by coming on a post and in effect, defending it? You take offense very easily Nig, might need to check that. Not everyone is out to hurt you. ;o)

Best Answer

Not going to disagree with you there mate. Be glad that you live on a very pretty little unspoiled island off of Scotland. I would trade places with you in a heart beat dude. As far as you being scared to visit the states......hehehe Sorry that truly makes me laugh.
I felt a whole lot more unsafe in parts of London than I ever did in and large American city I have ever been to. Check out the Crime Stats in Scotland lately Oscar? Go have a real close look at the crime stats in England and Scotland and tell me how safe you feel. Oh wait, you're on a pretty littlle island. You aren't in Glasgow. :-)

Best Answer

I take offense at how sadly ignorant you are in yoru stereotypes Mystic. I lived in The UK for nearly a year and at least base my opinions of real life experiences. Ever been to the states for more than a few days? You seem to have reading comprehension problems Mystic. Has that always been an issue? :-)

Best Answer

What's interesting is that you seem to think that your beloved England isn't fraught with societal problems Mystic. Your hypocrisy is delicious. :-)

Best Answer

I lived in the States for nearly three years. I wouldn't never form an opinion on something unless I have experienced something around the topic. England is a sh*t hole and is going to the dogs, this is why my family and I are emigrating in May. You see, when I'm not happy with something, I do all I can to change that. I don't **** and moan and put the world to rights. My stereotypical views of your Nigel are because you are a stereotypical person-assuming something of me before you care to ask. Anything else you want to assume? Or would you like to be decent and ask so the conversation can be just instead of a slanging match? :o)

Best Answer

Look I was born in Glasgow,lived there for years so I am not blind or ignorant to what is happening here but the question was about America not the UK.The UK is messed up I agree.Reason I am scared of the US is not your people but your ,ur people for the main are good honest hard working.I have neber ran down your people just your govt..

Best Answer

What are you even talking about? All you ever do is **** and moan about about how uneducated up and ignorant Americans are. Kindly forgive me if I don't believe that you ever lived here. I honestly don't believe that you ever did or you wouldn't make such daft sweeping generalizations about the U.S. At any rate, enjoy Canada. :-) Beautiful country and very friendly and warm people. Much more so than you seem to be.

Best Answer

So why are you afraid to visit the U.S. Oscar? :-) I am genuinely curious. You honestly make it sound like it's travelling to a war zone mate. :-) I apologizing for being a ****. It just really peeves me off when people who generalize about a place they have never even been to. I know we have one of the most fukked up Governments on the planet. It's one of the reason why I want emigrate to Australia. :-)

Best Answer

If you don't want to hear what people have to say when you ask, then don't ask! People won't tell you what you want to hear, that's not life mate.
"Beautiful country and very friendly and warm people. Much more so than you seem to be." There you go again with the assumptions. You really should check that. If I really cared what you thought of me Nig, I'd bombard every post you put - just like you do with me, since I shut you up the other week on another thread. Just let sleeping dogs lie.

Best Answer

"It just really peeves me off when people who generalize about a place they have never even been to." Rich, he only lived in London and thinks he knows the ins and outs of a ducks arse about England! Hahaha. Bless.

Best Answer

My name's not Nigel but I have already explained that to you however many weeks ago. :-) Just be nice to yourself Mystic and continue to believe that you have somehow won. Great stuff. :-)

Best Answer

I've been all over England Mystic although I don't believe for a second you have ever stepped foot in the U.S. Sorry if that bothers you.

Best Answer

I know your names not Nigel *duh*, I'm referring to your screen name, lol. It's not about winning Nig, we're only debating. I find it laughable that you have to troll other's profiles in order to gain information on me. Don't take this site so literally mate, it's a site for sharing opinions, experiences and ideas. If someone disagrees with you, it's okay. All the best and I hope you get to see Australia one day, I believe it's a very beautiful place.

Best Answer

I've been to Australia. It's why I want to go back. :-) New Zealand is where I would really like to travel to though before I make it back to Oz, if I ever do.

Best Answer

I haven't been to either, but of the two I think I'd choose New Zealand too. My cousin lives in Sydney and she loves it there. I don't know if I could do the journey (24hrs in total)! I may get there one day, who knows!
Oh, I really did live in the US for a while, back in 2002 till summer 2004. I was a nurse and went working away. I lived in Boston first, then Houston and lastly San Fran.
How long is the flight to Aus from the States?

Best Answer

Erm...troll other people's profiles to gain information oh you?? Wot? lol Oh Mystic..if only I was really that interested in you. Let's just both be glad that I'm not. :-) I'm sure you are a perfectly nice person in real life. It's easy to misconstrue the written word.

Best Answer

I bet you had an eye opener when you came to my home town, Manchester. ;op

Best Answer

OK, I will take your word for it mate. Sorry for being a ****. :-) It was 15 hours from L.A to Sydney and 16 hours back. Which city did you enjoy the most when you lived here Mystic, or were they al pretty shite? :-)

Best Answer

I enjoyed them all for their own reasons. Boston was more like my home city. Houston was impressive and the people were the most welcoming, but you could feel the divide still between black and white. San Fran was the most fun, I had some really shocking nights out there! lol. Your country is beautiful and the people are welcoming, but your government doesn't half let you down. I think that's why America is seen in such a dim light world wide.

Best Answer

I know you fancy me. ;o) LOL, I'm joking!! ;o)

Best Answer

I was only in Manchester for 2 days visiting a friend and it all I remember is that it was really cold and rainy and that I got extremely drunk at a pub. :-) We mostly staying in and smoked to much hash. Not something I do anymore. :-) This was many many years ago. 1987.

Best Answer

I kind of do now that you are being so friendly, haha. I'm really glad to hear you liked it here. Have never been to Houston but Texas is kind of a world unto it's own. San Francisco can be a really fun city and it's quite beautiful. Just insanely expensive. Hey....thank you for adding me. lol I really am sorry for being a ******. I am the first to admit that I am a hypersensitive ****. :-) Cheers, Perry

Best Answer

MysticEyes, I've lived in both Houston San Francisco and relate to your remarks. Houston (mostly conservative) is an increasing energy powerhouse and NASA is close to my aunt's house. But the social 'divide' is definitely there. San Francisco (mostly liberal) is at the other end of the spectrum and with nearby Silicon Valley, the tech hub of the state country. Not at all surprised to hear you had shocking nights; you should hear my stories, haha!

Best Answer

Its not the people its your govt & justice system that scares the **** out of me.Majority of Americans I know are decent,hard working ,peaceful folk but your govt,law enforcers etc are just too hard core for me.

Best Answer

We are America and I dont hate my brothers and sisters.

Best Answer

I am not talking about the ordinary man/woman on the street I am referring to your govt

Best Answer

We don' t hate ourselves/eachother... we just don't believe in hand outs.

Best Answer

Most Americans love their country, it's the politicians and the bureaucrats that they hate. And our health system is screwed up because politicians have set up an unfair playing field that insurance companies can't compete in, in an attempt to make the cost of a doctors care so high you have to turn everything you have over to the government before you are eligible for hand outs. If you are a working class person you pay for everything and get nothing aka IRS..

Best Answer