update: It does seem that in some cases, "a glass ceiling" could still be present for women. I have also witnessed obvious discrimination and offensive remarks towards and about women at some workplaces. However, a lot has changed and not all places practice these tasteless tactics. If women are expected to hold all responsibilities that men once primarily held then it should be justified that they are offered the same opportunities and that is what more places are going towards. The point that I need to remind myself of is that perceptions change with circumstance, so in a sense, a better environment can feel like a different world. Often the more professional a place is, the more policies there will be place, the more politically correct the culture will be, and the more overall success a company will have with it's relationship with its employees. I now appreciate the fact that there are good companies out there and that there are places that offer each employee an environment that encourages progress.
Mving4wrd Mving4wrd 26-30 8 Answers Nov 25, 2011

I think it goes back to ancient roots. Men that wanted their wives to be trapped to them (Husband's) to have them needing them as providers. And the Hierarchy has always been conceited by greed and dominance from the Christian Religion. Where as it only promotes others that will preserve these ideas. Our Society Hierarchy is structured in this obduracy bias discrimination And more people are allowing themselves to accept what society says it should be. Than to be able to change the Hierarchy structure. It seems impossible to make sense with things in this world and with others, cause we can't get that much public support by others to make our government work for the better. I'm babbling cause I can't make the rules and laws. They are out of my reach.

Best Answer

Well simply because some women try to find professions dominated by men it will be hard to overcome the strategic moves of men trying to keep their jobs...men stick together and will black ball her,,,but I know women that make way more money than I do,,,and I make 70k a year,,,,start your own business and hire only women...there ya go....

Best Answer

That's a great point. the idea of starting a business seems to be nice but not realistic for me at this time. I am living day to day in many cases, do not make enough to qualify for even a car loan, and do not have any money for startup costs.

Best Answer

I see,,,do you live alone?,,,I recommend a roommate,,,my youngest son got his own apartment, and makes barely about minimum wage,,,drives a broke down chevy truck,,,but still remains somewhat happy,...he loves his freedom and owns a microwave,,,Hang in there sweetie,,,stick with one job long enough and the money will follow...

Best Answer

That, there, is a damned good question...and I will let you know when I have found a satisfactory answer.

Best Answer

I have got a lot of abuse over the time by men who constantly tell me I shouldn't be doing law or business or science type study and that they should be... I dont understand their logic cuz while there are some areas of law that are more male dominated like criminal and corporate etc its all based on money and ego ...I felt so hurt and upset when I seen old guys who looked like they just got out of law school acting like big time yuppy law pros... I didn't understand why I was not getting the jobs etc. as I needed income and the ability to meet new people and men etc to find one to marry at least

but here I am ten years on with nothing... there is a profound sickening in-equality for some women...I am short and have had depression and abuse issues as well.. but men get a easier ride the whole way... there is a boys club which looks after the boys better than the girls look after the girls I think...

its got worse n women s rights have got backwards rather than forwards...

men are perceived as needing more wealth for families, owning property and personal grooming and yet women can't do it all on nothing either... our make up hair cuts and clothes are more expensive... we need more items often then men... and we are the ones left with child raising also...

and pregnancy that changes a womans working capacity sometimes...

Best Answer

I do not understand why I am busy working through my shift while the guys are comparing new gadgets that they own or will be buying soon......I am worrying about paying rent and electricity while they are driving nice cars, buying new phones, and wearing a shirt that costs more than half my wardobe.

Best Answer

Discrimination does exist for bills too.. my wife's phone bill is nearly always more than mine for example.

Best Answer

That's good that you and your wife work as a team with bills but the amount of bills does not vary for a female or male; if a female is supporting herself and has been during all adult years and is not given as much opportunity to advance in a career or even make as much as the men doing the same job....then she still has all of the same bills/expenses as men.

Best Answer

but women never pay for drinks,,or dinner,,or movies,,,etc...so men have to make more money so they can attract and woo a woman...

Best Answer

That's a good point but I have not been out for a movie or dinner in a couple of years. My main focus is making a living, maintaining my household, completing my classes for a Bachelors, and maintaining my job. However, at some point; it would be nice to go out.

Best Answer

good question i cant answer it but i agree with your thinking !! well said.

Best Answer