lol. in 3rd world countries there are soooo any kids in the streets. not giving a care about kidnappers and all that. moral: dress like a poor and you will never get kidnapped. lol. but seriously, since you did something that most people would not normally do, you felt scared of the consequences of your actions. people fear what is not known.

Best Answer

You did the right thing, there is no question about that. <br />
There are many reasons we feel bad when we do the right thing. We aren't sure it was right. We fear confrontation if the person finds out. We fear our good intentions will create hardships for others. We are concerned about how the parent will act towards the child because someone reported them. We are uncomfortable with not knowing the outcome of our intervention. These are the few I could think of off the top of my head; I'm sure there are many others.<br />
The bottom line, letting a 5 year old girl walk to the bus stop by herself in an inner city setting is extremely dangerous. The image that probably come to most people's minds is kidnapping. But a five year old lacks the experience and judgement that keeps people safe around cars, bicycles, skateboarders, scooters ... There are also the morons that would get jollies out of giving a child alcohol or drugs. Her parents (through ignorance, neglect, personal problems, life situation, ...) have forgotten that the child's welfare comes first. You did the right thing and made sure they were reminded. It may be an inconvenience for them, but it is a responsibility they need to own.<br />
Thank you for having the courage.

Best Answer

Just like how healthy food doesn't taste as nice as junk food but is good for us and how the truth mostly hurts, the right thing feels bad.<br />
But I'd say taking the step in doing the right things shows what we are made of. The strength of an individual is in their capabilities to admit to their faults and to do the right thing at the right time, everytime.

Best Answer

Doing nothing about it would have felt worse. Sometimes we struggle too much with our decisions after we have made them.

Best Answer

When I was that age mom let me cross the freeway at the lights by myself to go to the hill for sledding. My sister on the other hand did not have that luxury

Best Answer