The goths that I've met like it because they can be different. When you reject the norm, you're going to stand out. And when you stand out, you're going to be judged more than if you blended into the background. If you don't want judged, blend in. It's quite simple. Whining that people treat you differently when you act differently is silly. <br />
What's more, some of them go to the extreme in the way they look. Be it despondent, depressed, in dispair or just wanting to go the way of a vampire look, it makes some people think you're crying out for help or attention. The pendulum swings both ways. You reject normal, and normal rejects you. Just the world we live in.

Best Answer

Because some people always judge you for looking different. It doesn't matter if you dress like a goth or if you have tatts, or streaks in your hair, someone will always think bad of you. <br />
Their problem not yours (or mine)

Best Answer

I can't speak for everyone... but to me, it is associated with vampire culture... and all the negative things about that...

Best Answer

Yea so?

Best Answer

i think goths are cool, not wrong... diversity is awesome. be yourself xxx

Best Answer

In my community they would be perceived as gloomy, weird, attention seekers - which is ok for teenagers because they'll probably grow out of it. But if the person were an adult, I don't know anyone here who would want to spend time with them. Walking around broadcasting the message, "Hey everyone look how gloomy I am and how horrible everything is" is generally not a good approach where I live. In a bigger city it'd probably be fine.

Best Answer

Yeah well, stupid vain drama queens dont usually amount to anything that a wise person can take seriously, but I love the black clothes and the s&m stuff, one day maybe some of you will be more than garbage, cross your fingers.

Best Answer

You are generalizing about people generalizing. Most people I know don't have a problem with Goth folks. In fact, I find something attractive about Goth and Emo folks. However, if the piercings, black makeup and polish, black lacy garb, etc... are meant to endear them to the community, they might want to rethink the uniform.

Best Answer

People just get intimidated easily.

Best Answer

probally becuase some people think of goth as being fascinated by death and alot of people dont like to be reminded that they are going to die.

Best Answer