...even though this is not true for everyone? I chose my orientation and I can change it all day and all night. It kind of weirds me out when people say things like " this not a choice" even though for a lot of people it is. Why is it necessary to talk about these things with such ham-fisted generalizations? 0:
jumelle jumelle 18-21 4 Answers May 4, 2012

no, who you are wired to be attracted to is usually not a choice... perhaps you are not sure about your own orientation yet or just ambivalent, i don't know but you cannot generalize about people based solely on your experience..

Best Answer

No, my sexual orientation is not a choice and I am not confused.
If you read what I'm saying, you'd also find out that I am not generalizing anyone (I even put a disclaimer into the question saying that not everyone's experiences are identical to mine, for crying out loud) I was complaining about people generalizing about humanity as a whole, saying that sexual orientation is absolutely, never under any circumstance a choice. Except this is a choice for some. It's obnoxious that everyone's adopted this "not a choice" narrative, because people who do have options are automatically written off as being "not sure" or "ambivalent."

Best Answer

sorry, did not mean to offend you.. but i think when people say that sexual orientation is not a choice they mean that we are all who we are, naturally. that includes your sexual orientation. no matter what your sexual preferences may be, they are your natural preferences. that is all..

Best Answer

Because those that insist it is a choice want validation for their actions and lifestyle. Hint; If it was natural and genetic then animals would also share the same trait but they don't. Ever see two male deer going at it? You don't!

Best Answer

II'm not entirely sure of the point you're trying to make (sorry) but humans are animals.
Besides that- bonobos, those two gay penguins, shoot, just check this wiki page: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Homosexual_behavior_in_animals
Animals gay it up like nobody's business, dude.

Best Answer

I've seen it and it has to do with dominance not sex. Like a male dog humping another male. Same thing. My point is obvious. No I'm not a hater or gay basher. My brother is gay.

Best Answer

I don't think you have seen it, because what you're saying isn't true. The Bonobo thing is almost entirely about sex. They boink for pleasure and to get closer to one another. I didn't mention dogs, because I know they bone for dominance. However, you can't generalize a dog's behavior to birds', bonobos', humans' etc. etc. because different animals use different behaviors for different reasons. For instance, humans and bonobos both bone for pleasure. Whether it has to do with dominance or sex is actually besides the point as well- they still do it.

Best Answer

I guess we won't really know because we can't talk to a bonobo. I mearly maintain that perhaps the gay gene may be recessive enough so that at least pro creation would have to occur. Otherwise the homosexual gene would have died out because it would have been bred out. BUT Humans are interesting creatures for sure.

Best Answer

I just changed my orientation. Now I'm facing the kitchen.

It needs cleaning :/

Best Answer

I can't mention sex or sexuality in these questions or else they are booted to mature topics. :T

Best Answer