skippandyouube1 skippandyouube1 18-21, F 8 Answers Dec 28, 2012 in Addiction

Dont you think thats a good thing? maybe you have to work a bit with yourself :)

Best Answer

yeah - it's just not as easy to tell good from bad as people make out

Best Answer

I hope itll be a good thing! 3 hours& I'm off to an A&D evaluation then outpatient treatment. SO ******* ANXIOUS!!!

Best Answer

probably because you avoided your genuine anxieties by getting high, and now you're sober you have to reexperience them, plus their compounded interest on top of that [from buying temporary relief from them through drugs]

Best Answer

With every drink you took you did not noties how anxious you were.

Best Answer

You are starting to feel life as it really is. You are not self medicating anymore. The anxiousness will pass - do you have support? I was an active alcoholic/addict for over 40 years. I have been clean, sober and in recovery through the program and fellowship of AA. I learned how to be happy, too!

Best Answer

This is a normal part of early recovery - it will pass. For a long time you used drugs and/or alcohol to numb those scary feelings. Now you're having to deal with them without the "crutch" of mind-altering substances. Of course you're nervous! This does get better - stay with whatever program you're in, and ask every day for help from your higher power as you understand him/her/it. God bless, and have a beautiful journey in your sobriety!

Best Answer

Welcome to the real world. Anxiety doesn't exist at the bottom of the barrel, but once you get back up here things will even out. It takes time.

Best Answer

Memories and cravings.<br />
It DOES get easier.<br />
18 months right here...cold turkey, no rehab, no counselling<br />
.

Best Answer