Gun Control seems rather Stupid. The Second Amendment says: "Shall not be Infringed". How can Guns be Banned? Doesn't it make better sense to "Control the Criminals"? by reminding the Government that we have the Right to keep and bear Arms, and send them after the Bad Guys, or we can catch them ourselves, as the 2nd Amendment intended. I say: Give an Angry woman a gun, and nearly all crime will end.
RojoJeepNut RojoJeepNut 70+, M 21 Answers Jul 31, 2012

People seem to think if you make something illegal it will go away and thats retarded. It's easier to obtain a gun illegally than it is legally

Best Answer

I was raised around hunters and I could target practice anywhere on our property.<br />
My Stepfather was a cop and his pistol sat on his dresser every night. We knew the danger of touching it as kids because we were taught and had been around guns. Most of the people that want gun control are afraid of guns. Guns haven't been a part of their life. <br />
Its not the guns that kill, its the idiots behind the guns. To take away our right to bear arms is no different that taking away our cars because some other idiot killed someone while driving. What will they take next because they can't control the criminal element. Criminals aren't the ones that will abide by that the law anyhow. All it will do is give them more ways to make illegal money selling guns to other criminals.<br />
If something happened in this country where we needed to protect ourselves in our homes. Who do you think would be the first to knock on our door for help? All the ones that don't own a gun and spend their time protesting them.<br />
Another reason I feel that way is I have had occasion to need it. It kept me safe until the police arrived.<br />
I also had to use a rifle on one of the many wild animals very close to the house or eating my chickens which fed us. I had two small little girls who played out there. Depends on your lifestyle as to why you use or need a gun. I live in a small redneck town in the woods. We have cougar and bear on the edge of town sometimes. We have deer in town walking around. You don't go into the woods without a gun because you could end up a snack. <br />
It is our right to bear arms. I am a responsible gun owner and I taught my off spring the same. We have always had criminals from poor to rich and they have always had guns. Even if we wiped guns off the planet the criminals would find something else to use. <br />
When one of my four children was bad I didn't punish them all. However, that is what they are trying to do to us.

Best Answer

I would feel safer if idiots didn't have guns or own cars. I would feel safer if only the smart and clever criminals would have the means to procure guns. Less policework that way.

Best Answer

'something happened' .... like what .. the Indians attack?

Best Answer

Wild Indians? Maybe, but we would call that a family reunion. lol

Best Answer

That statement, "Let's all have some peace," is, in my opinion, childish.
How about this, let's take all the weapons in the world, all the billions of dollars worth of weapons, and just destroy them.
Not to mention, steal them from everyone who has bought them.
Nuclear war is entirely different from a small arms weapon.
The worst a .223 can do, is what you've just witnessed.
The worst a Hydrogen bomb can do, is tear half of the Earth off, send it hurtling towards the moon, while the other heads towards Jupiter.
The 2nd amendment is something put in place by people who knew what the heck they were doing. They made sure that, if our government began forcing laws on us, it could be fought. That injustice would be fought to the very end, and that freedom would never be taken.
Now I respect your opinions on weapons, and I understand your hatred toward the taking of life, but you have to realize that things are so much more intricate than "Guns are bad, burn them all."
Should you remove one amendment from that Constitution, you are forfeiting everything our forefathers stood for. There for, causing a second Civil War. And since one side won't have any guns, trust me, it'll be short lived.

Best Answer

I bow to your sound reasoning and empirical experience and will not critique that ... but i vehemently disagree with that old chestnut .. guns on their own aren't lethal its the idiot using the gun that's dangerous ... look we all know .. there can be no doubt ... we are over stocked with idiots .. so why the hell give them guns ... and you do?

Best Answer

We do have a lot of stupidity, but at the same time we put these people on the freeways and highways we drive. We allow them to drink, and give them electronics. We allow them to buy fireworks, and we even give them the ability to vote.
Because we can't tell who they are, and we can't simply categorize the ones who make a bad decision as stupid.
I've made plenty of bad decisions, but now have sound reasoning, and try to do my best to help the world, the U.S., and it's people.
If you can find a way to screen for stupidity by all means, give them a star to wear on their sleeve, and heave them into a stupidity camp.

Best Answer

well said

Best Answer

TABOR CITY, N.C. — A sheriff says a North Carolina state senator shot one of two intruders at his home and hospital officials say the man is in fair condition.
Multiple media outlets reported that Columbus County Sheriff Chris Batten said that 74-year-old Sen. R.C. Soles of Tabor City shot Kyle Blackburn late Sunday afternoon.
LOL this is a case of do as I say not as I do. Why is it its OK for him to have a firearm but not the rest of us ! Typical turd.

Best Answer

Ditto Taldaris

Best Answer

Criminals don't go to the gun store and buy a gun. I don't believe we give them guns. They get them on the streets, some black market or steal them. If they take our gun rights away the criminals will be the only ones with guns. Their source will still be there and thriving.

Best Answer

you know very well that hunting and sporting rifles are not the problem .. (hunting &amp; protection (if you reside in such a black hole that murderers and the like are likely to show up at your door) .. a sporting rifle licensed to the user / owner should be fine but if you require a CAR15 with a 100 round drum magazine (not a recognised hunting rifle) then you have issues - in my opinion!

Best Answer

Reminds me of the original intent of a popular concept of "Gangsters", from the 20's, whom believed the Government had no rights to take our wages. Look how far the Gov has come.

Best Answer

Guns were necessary to feed the family but, our founders said; God gave us that Right, to protect ourselves from a corrupt government.

Best Answer

Because people don't believe in "personal protection."<br />
They believe that guns are the source of all evil.<br />
What they fail to realize, is that before guns, we killed each quite well. We invented really interesting ways to do it too, such as using human corpses to spread viruses.<br />
People forget that guns were invented for a great many reasons, to hunt, to protect yourself, and etc. They only see the bad, the things that show up in the news daily, like "2 men shot and killed in local IHOP. Suspect is considered Highly Armed and blah blah blah..." They see the "Heavily Armed," and assume "Oh, he has one of those new assault rifle like guns. Why do we even sell those? We should ban them!<br />
Forget the fact that real criminals can make explosives, poisons, toxins... Forget that they have connections to other countries, and their illegal trade. Forget that.

Best Answer

I'm sure there are lots of depressed and angry kids who have international connections and the know-how to brew biological and chemical weapons, not to mention high-explosives with their shrapnel delivery, timing and detonation systems.

Best Answer

And I'm sorry you have so little faith in our youth. Fact is, you don't know. It's much easier to get a gun on the street than your giving it credit. You seem to forget that the movie theater incident was caused by a lunatic. A man who methodically planned, and executed a malicious attack on innocent people. This is called "Terrorizing" people. If he were a "Depressed and angry kid" I doubt he would have gone through the process of dressing "In a similar appearance to police, and Aurora SWAT officers" to aid in his escape. Depressed people don't care about their life. He did.
Also, fun fact of the day, a college student once turned in schematics for a nuclear bomb to his physics teacher. He studied and worked on the plans thanks to the internet.
Molotov Cocktales, which are so easily made and readily available, are nothing more than flaming shrapnel grenades.
Don't underestimate the power of a willful person, especially an insane and intelligent willful person.

Best Answer

Give an angry woman a gun, and she'll empty the clip.<br />
I agree with the statement that 'If you outlaw guns, only outlaws will have guns.'<br />
I also fully support the second amendment. I believe only responsible adults should have access to guns, but that once given, it should not be revoked lightly.<br />
I don't intend to make light of the tragedy in any way, shape, or form, but I do believe that if someone in that theatre was well-trained and packing heat, that those three young men wouldn't have had to lay down their lives for their girlfriends. That the number of victims would have been drastically reduced, and the situation more swiftly resolved.<br />
As they say in Texas: "An armed society, is a polite society."

Best Answer

As someone who lives proximal to Texas, polite is the last word I would use to describe this region. That's just been my experience in the nine or so years I've lived down here. I'm frankly afraid of getting shot and I have actually been threatened a few times.

Best Answer

I don't suppose growing a spine has crossed your mind ... hats next ... drums of napalm in your garage ... I have no idea about the lethalness of these 'criminals' you live in utter fear of ... but Jesus, you so called law abiding gentle people scare the **** out of me!

Best Answer

Guns are here to stay, you cant uninvent them, to many people know how to make them. <br />
Those who beat their guns into plow shares will plow for those who don't. How safe are you going to feel when your only recourse to an armed thug/murder/rapist/ganster is to comply with his wishes or die.

Best Answer

Its good to know you believe in our constitution. My main reason to protect the second amendment, is so we can protect All of our Rights, including our right to life and liberty.
Happy trails, friend.

Best Answer

Because people that want gun control are more worried about the criminals rights then then law abiding people. They have been raised believing that guns are evil and anyone that owns when must be evil also and doesn't know what they are doing in regards to having a gun. Like Bamccam said in her statement, I to live in a small town out here in the west and we all believe that having a gun is correct and worth the trouble. Guns are used for protection against the wildlife around here that have a habit of attacking either our lively hood(cattle-horses) or our family. <br />
The issue shouldn't be how to have gun control but how to stop babying the criminals who have guns and lock them up. If you lock up the criminals for long periods of time then most of the gun violence would end. <br />
Give the criminals who poccess a gun and has a record at least 7-10 years in prison(like Idaho does). If a crime is commited with a gun then give them 15-20 or life/death penelty(ba<x>sed on crime)

Best Answer

ThInk of it like this: Once we loose our guns, we'll loose the rest of our rights.
Look at it this way, what's next? Our Cars? Cars kill. Electric Razors kill, especially when a scorned wife tosses it in the Tub with you....ad infin item.

Best Answer

These insecure men and their ******* childish guns .. there is no logic anymore/ argue until your blue in the face ... yet every ****** with a tiny penis will make up some hillbilly circumstances to justify possessing a blam blam pencil **** penis compensator ... its tedious, childish and bullshit!!!!!

Best Answer

Sorry? No logic? No. I'm being logical in my defense. Insulting me will not change my opinion. I stand firm on my thought, and on my belief.
I try to think very far in advanced madam, and I do not enjoy being told that "My penis is tiny because I enjoy my rights."
Now I appreciate your opinion, but unfortunately I don't care either way as to what you think about my genitalia.
And please remember, that owning a gun doesn't automatically make you a man. There are plenty of women who carry a pistol, or fire a weapon for fun.

Best Answer

lol what are you doing here young lady?

Best Answer

Mam, I will again ask you to not insult me. I have yet to insult you.

Best Answer

ditto

Best Answer

Well when your in the process of being mugged or raped you take the time to call the police so they can fill out the report. In the mean time If you were armed and shot the perp than the police would still fill out the report but the police won't have to go looking for the perp cause he would be dead. When you give up your rights to defend yourself you might as well give up your rights for freedom of the press, religion, and assembly as well.

Best Answer

tell me that when some one is knocking down your door threatening your freedom and your rights.

Best Answer

If you are so brave, then trust your luck to believe you are safe.

Best Answer

My point is; you are expressing your Opinion, I'm stating the facts of the Constitution.

Best Answer

Unfortunately, that is exactly what those idiots mean. Many times more people are killed in car wrecks. You would think that they would want to ban cars and make us go back to horses instead.

Best Answer

It's just one of those deceptive campaigns that have a goal of "citizen control" in mind.

Best Answer

Sadly this seems to be the case. Using fear as a goad has long been a political tool to push agendas.

Best Answer

I suppose it could be argued that if the only people with guns were criminals, we'd know anyone not police who had a gun was a criminal. Should make things easier for law enforcement, anyway.

Best Answer

Ummm. No. It just means that the ones that are manufactured are better regulated. This is NRA sensationalism at it's best. Guns are not well regulated because gun manufacturer and the NRA are big political donors. So it doesn't really matter what it means, or if it is good or bad for our country, those with the money make the rules.

Best Answer

Are you suggesting, it should be difficult for women to protect themselves against rape? Or, a Murderer to have no obstacles when they break into a home and take a child, after shooting the parents.

Best Answer

First off you obviously do not understand what gun control is beyond the NRA's fear mongering to scare money out of your wallet and into their bank accounts and you don't understand the 2nd amendment. Gun control is about making sure people who are a danger to themselves and others don't have access to lethal weapons and to make sure sane law abiding citizens actually know how to safely use those weapons. We prevent people from driving if they cannot safely drive but yet the gun lobby seems to think a complete loon should be able to buy a gun if they have the cash, I am a Canadian and I seem to know more about the 2nd amendment then most Americans. The 2nd amendment is the right to bare arms to maintain a well ordered militia when they were considering banning a standing army during peace times. The decision to ban a standing army was abandoned but the 2nd amendment remained as a historical hold over. So simply put the 2nd amendment was to create a European style citizen's militia like in Sweden, not a right for every citizen to own an AK. Second the 2nd amendment does not mention firearms at all and you could give everyone a wooden club and take away all guns and the letter of the law would still be respected. Arms is just a synonym for a weapon not a gun. That the 2nd amendment refers to guns is simply an assumption and if people can just assume it refers to any weapon you want what is to stop people from claiming they have a constitutional right to ICBMs?<br />
And to all those who are afraid of your government and think your guns will make a difference to protect you from "the evil government" you are delusional on the level of David Koresh. That argument might have had some weight in the age of muskets but today is just ludicrous to the point of being almost amusing.

Best Answer

you should live in Texas, lol

Best Answer

You have just wasted the Literary Principles of our English Language and the simple grammar our 2nd Amendment!
You need to read the 2nd amendment again, and not add lots of extra diatribe, to make it sound like something that it is not.
Now, what part of the phrase, "Shall not be Infringed", do you not understand? Read it again and it is very simple. Between the commas, it says; "The Rights of the people shall not be infringed".

Best Answer

I don't see how that is relevant since the likes of you go on to invent what that right should mean and completely ignore the actual text of the document.

Best Answer

@ DreamsForTheFuture You obviously don't understand the meaning of "Shall not be infringed" or "The people" for that matter. If as you propose that everyone be given a club and have their guns taken is an infringement and the phrase The People refers to the same individuals as the term The People in the first, forth, and the rest of the amendments. Also note that the US supreme court has affirmed that the second amendment does in fact refer to an individual right.

Best Answer

And you obviously don't understand a word I said or you both are being deliberately dense because my historical facts don't agree with your personal views. And the personal views of the current USC does not magically rewrite the document or change history because they say so. You obviously need to look up the definition of the word "arm" as it applies to weapons. It can apply equally to a war club or an ICBM. In fact it is so ambiguous Scalia is even pushing to have the 2nd amendment cover shoulder fired rockets too.

Best Answer

because according to the loony left your not able to control yourself. the Gov needs to control you. ONLY they know whats best for society.

Best Answer

thats exactly why Texas wants to succeed from the Union because the government screws everything up.

Best Answer

I prefer to live someplace where only the authorities could have guns as opposed to someplace where everyone could have them. Because I trust the government more than I trust the citizenry. I think it is harder to detect and stop law-abiding citizens from becoming criminal than to detect and stop democracies from becoming tyrannical.

Best Answer

I use to trust the government until I married into a family that was very much into politics. I found out that the government kills to, they just have someone else do it for them. And they sure aren't watching our backs.

Best Answer

My friend, we are a Republic, as a starter. As a second, why would you trust the only people who can tap your phone at their will? The only thing that can force Martial Law on you? The only thing that can take away your rights as a human? The government, can force you to do these things.
I will never trust my government. I trust the people, but never the government.

Best Answer

Our 2nd amendment rights are a demand that our government protects our God given rights to protect ourselves from a corrupt government. Have you not noticed our government is not protecting us against government corruption????

Best Answer

We should just get rid of guns completely. They don't do good. I hear nothing but people getting shot. I don't see the good in having them. To many people are at risk if guns are around. And plus it is way to easy for people to get them.

Best Answer

criminals and violent people will always be able to get guns and will use them. If you ban good law biding citizens from having guns then we will be defensless against violent people who have guns.
You cant make the USA safer buy making people defenseless.

Best Answer

Thanks to the fact that guns are a simple technology, even if you eradicated all shreds of weaponry around the world, someone will remember how to build one. And that person will be one of the most powerful men on the planet.

Best Answer

Ok, well I didn't take into account that there are people who would be able to get them from other countries. But I think the gun was a useless invention. It's used for killing and nothing else.

Best Answer

You seriously think that making guns illegal will rid the world of guns and save the world? Like if a criminal is gonna not own a gun cuz it's against the law. Thats too funny

Best Answer

I took back my first comment. I thought about it more. We are screwed then. We can't get rid of them ever. One day, guns are going to rule all. Why can't we just go get rid of all the crazies instead?

Best Answer

Criminals take lives my friend. They take them, or they twist them to do what they want.
If you want to hug a cereal rapist, by all means. I will stand for him to be given the only thing he deserves.
Now I understand where your coming from, but remember criminals don't just fight law enforcement, they fight each other. They fight over turf, drugs, and all sorts of things.

Best Answer

that makes about as much sense as the signs that read NO GUNS ALLOWED, only the cazys will have a gun and shoot the phucking place up, highly illogical

Best Answer

I'm sure you would feel a lot safer if everyone had a gun and brought it to the theater, the restaurant, the bar, the stadium, the brothel, etc.

Best Answer

I know I certainly feel more at home where firearms are carried legally. I refuse to do business with merchants, restaurants, or any place where firearms are not allowed. It's my money and my belief, I'll do what I think is right. Those who believe in more regulation and bigger government are certainly welcome to hang out and spend your money where ever you want.If you need protection when you are there, call 911 and see how that works out for you- Good Luck.

Best Answer

yes, much safer, in Texas almost everybody has a gun, rifle, semi-auto, in fact I am teaching my 12 year old daughter how to shoot one

Best Answer

I have one for you if you were in that theater would you have man the difference if you had a CCW and a gun?

Best Answer

Not waiting for an answer, He was in full body armor head to toe and you are not a very smart man.

Best Answer

Full body armor won't stop the kinetic force of multiple shots to a kneecap.

Best Answer

Yes, or died trying. I'm not one to sit idly by.

Best Answer

Um excuse me but maybe a gun wouldn't have helped in that situation but Google Florida man in wheelchair shoots attacker.

Best Answer

Actually, if you look at Seffbasilisk's post, you'd see that a single weapon would have done a world of good.
Let me try a tactical break down. If a single person in the audience had a 9mm. A very small pistol, nothing too fancy. And that person had taken cover, and fired at the individual, that person would have had two options.
1. Assume the armor would protect him, and they he could simply walk forward towards the defender.
2. Take cover, because if your wearing armor, you obviously want to live.
His focus, would have been entirely on the idea that his plan was ruined by a guy with one gun. Or on the fact that he's being shot at, either or.

Best Answer

Sorry I went to bed, any way was head to toe. leggings and all. I and yes if you were a sharp shooter you could have blown out his knee even with the leggings. I somehow do not think the shot would have made it to the intended area.

Best Answer

Mate. Your being shot at. With or without armor, bullets kill people.
You aren't going to stand there, full armor, and think "Ha, those bullets can't kill me!"
And if you do, you'll die.
Even if your a terrible shot, shooting back WILL make him move.

Best Answer

I could go on and on. LOOK This kid was in front of a bright movie projection(it would have looked like a black blob.);He would have not been clear. If one had a gun it would not have gone down the way that did. Use your head please.

Best Answer

Ok. I'll use my head.
Comparatively, I'm in full Multicam Uniform. Mid day Afghanistan heat. We get out of a convoy op to check on something. Even though I am fully armored with gear able to stop 7.62 round, we start taking fire from something. I dodge behind a d*** humvee because I don't want to die.
Turns out to be fire crackers.
Actually happen? No. Never deployed.
BUT, same principle. You have never held a weapon in anger, or with intent to kill. You can't know the feelings going through your head, especially when other people are shooting at you.

Best Answer

You have not factored in the many, many other valuable variables. Again he was in front of a bright projection and would have looked like a black blob to a movie go'er. As you no doubt have read most thought it was initially part of the entertainment on the opening screening. I think I see a little hero syndrome from some of you. Rethink it.

Best Answer

Oh and your excused.

Best Answer

Well thats outstanding. But YOU are ignoring evidence I show to you, and waiving yours in my face.
Try listening to me, and I'll listen to you.
Yes, it'd be very hard to see the person, and even harder to hit him. Especially if I were unsure if said gun fire were entertainment or not.
But put a darn soldier in that room, with a 9mm. He or she may not know right off, but would figure it out real quick, and react. A single weapon firing upon a medium armored individual, whether accurate or not, would CAUSE A REACTION.
Basic human instinct, burn your hand, pull away.
Applied human instinct, bullet hits the ground next to you, Hide, or figure out where it's coming from to lay fire down on that.
I think through these things Daily. Every stop light. Every door I open, I think of the thousands of possibilities, none of them good.
You really want to change my mind? Prove to me, that a trained ANYONE who has any right mind would not blindly open fire at someone killing innocent people.

Best Answer

You are throwing in different scenario's now. That are nothing akin?

Best Answer

It was the kid that had the armor not the movie goers.

Best Answer

North Hollywood shootout. Yep they died; look how long and how many rounds were fired, Not to mention how many times each were shot.

Best Answer

Allow me to end this head bashing competition, at which I am winning in smashing my head into an unmovable thought process, with this:
I severely doubt you have any first hand experience with the idea of being shot at.
I have been shot. It hurts. Really bad.
I very much doubt that you are going to accept any of my logic, so I will take what you have told me, research it, and understand your argument better. Please remember, that there is more than one logic when it comes to anything. Nothing is as simple as "On or Off," with subjects such as these.

Best Answer

If you were me your answer would seem comical, I have not been shot; But have been shot at more than a few times, I have seen in-front of me as I was running a brick ripped apart, I have had one to many close calls. I once had a .45 to my head (I was being robbed for some smack) I was scarred badly but what scarred me most was when he pulled the gun and himself back so as the blast would not get on him, (this was in a car, he was passenger side I bailed out of the back seat on the same side: back of the wind shield took it. (Good old times in Chicago.) I do agree with the statement "Nothing is as simple as "On or Off," with subjects such as these."

Best Answer

Gun control is something done by stupid people that have never been on the receiving end of crime. They have no common sense and that is why they are the first ones to march on washington carrying banners about it. Morons trying to control others.

Best Answer

So far, everyone has earned the "The Best Answer" award. Plus, this is one of the longest Threads in a Discussion.

Now, I heard very few concerns regarding the Fact the We have the Right to Keep and Bear Arms, for the major reason to Remove a Corrupt Covernment, for trying to take any of our Rights away. Read the full articals of our Constitution, and you will understand why we have those Rights. Plus, If you know what our Senate and President and several of our Congressmen are doing to take our Rights away, you would have used your Rights to prevent it.

Here's what is really happening: Once our Govetnment takes our Guns, our next loss will be all of our Rights, and all of out Liberty.
The next thing they shall take, is our Dignity and Lifestyle. Then, our Lives are at stake, because, looks whats happening in every other nation whos guns have been taken away. Think about.

On the small scale of needing protection is:

My ex wife, and this is the reason she is my ex:
She didn't want a gun in the house, or me to own one. Till 3 persons broke into our home, through a Bedroom window,attempting to rape our daughter. If it had not been for my German Sheperd/Wolf mix, and my help, I would have been killed, and the girl Raped. The dog/wolf mix tore out huge chunks of mussel and flesh out of two of them, while I beat the third one unconcious, and took his gun. While the wife was hiding in the Bathroom, I dragged her in the bedroom, to see what could have happened.
I said to her; When they wake up, and get out of the hospital, they will be back, when they know I and the Wolf won't be here.... how do you plan on protecting our Daughter and yourself. She Bought a gun that day. And my daughters were taught how to use it. They kept the gun under their pillow. With the instruction to use if anyone, especially a man breakes into their room, uninvited. No exceptions.
My home Qwners Insurance was trippled the following month after they got the Police report. They tried to Sue me. And the Dog Police wanted to put my Dog to death.
After months of Court, I finally Won all issues, but this is what our Liberal Voters and Politions want from the People. They want us to be Disarmed, not for what happened to me, but instead to protect themselves, when angry people who are tired of crime, from our own Politions. To meet their goal of Tyranny, they will not stop taking everyones guns. Just be sure why you need the 2nd Amendment.

Best Answer