Robin032874 Robin032874 36-40, F 11 Answers Jul 1, 2012

Hospital food does not make people sick. Hospital food has certain requirements that it has to meet for each patient. It has to have a certain caloric value and nutrient value. I can appear to be bland because it has to be substance for many different palates.

Best Answer

Any bulk food preparation and delivery service produces bad food.

Best Answer

Generally this should not be the case, and if proven, is grounds for suing.

Several possibilities :-

Patient's dietary needs were not checked, recorded and relayed to kitchen.

Lack of hygiene in kitchen or transport.

Cost cutting and/or over cooking has removed nutritive value from food.

Patient requires greater nourishment in order to repair injury or fight illness, or has nutritional deficits from poor diet in normal life, or problems like diabetes, anaemia or osteoporosis.

As others have said, hospitals vary. I heard on ABC of one hospital in the States so famous for good outcomes that its insurance company asks 25% less, and it passes these savings on to its customers. I listened to an interview with the head honcho. He said after doing a survey of adverse events, they decided on a policy of spending more money in order to prevent over tiredness in staff, and have best equipment and supplies. They also decided to always admit every mistake, apologise and pay for correction. This resulted in massive drop of adverse event, and also massive drop in cases brought against them. Unfortunately, being Australian, I neglected to remember the name of the hospital.

Best Answer

some hospitals are better than others

Best Answer

That's true. I was in a different hospital once and the food was excellent. They even had steak on the menu.

Best Answer

I haven't heard of this before!

Best Answer

I never got the fear of school or hospital food as they are quite delicious. I think for hospital food, people probably have the idea that becuase it's a hospital, the food is probably contaminated because of all the sickness, or that the food is degraded becuase it's not like a fancy restaurant food. I enjoy them both and If I could, I would get a plate every chance I get.

Best Answer

I wish this hospital that my husband was in had food that good. It's really not good here. It's all under heat lamps in the cafeteria for way to long.

Best Answer

Hospitals can be different definitely. But there is one that has the tastiest vegetables ever. My bank account would be dry if I go there everyday :o

Best Answer

If you saw the kitchen help then you would know why!

Best Answer

The kitchen help that I saw here all looked like they cared. It's just those heat lamps.

Best Answer

Oh, they were under heat lamps? That is the problem then!

Best Answer

Thats what gross stuff usually does...lol

Best Answer

It is gross!

Best Answer

job/corporate security.....

Best Answer