I would hope you are just as proud of the country you are from...
vickieprince vickieprince 51-55, F 32 Answers May 5 in Doing Good

As MisterManners said, it's currently fashionable to be anti-USA. I personally am proud to be American. No country is perfect, but at least we have the freedom to say that. It's like being proud of a family member, they can embarrass you, make stupid decisions, etc. but in the end, you're proud of them for who they are. You love them so any attempt to rectify their behaviour comes from your belief that they have the potential to be great.

Best Answer

I love the way you Americans bandy about the 'freedom' thing. As though your is one of the only countries in the world that has it. It really is quite humorous.

Best Answer

True.. every country has freedom, just decorated different.

Best Answer

I never said anything of the sort. You're just reading your preconceived notions of Americans into my words.

Best Answer

You ARE quiet the jerk aren't you? Why so much sarcasm and venom toward Americans? Who are you and where are YOU from? Not once in several
days of reading your snide comments have I seen a word about YOUR country. Is it not worth mentioning? I didn't think so. Pride and thankfulness for the sacrifices ithers have made before you semms to be a theme you are oblivious to. So, big man, where are YOU from? Let us all have the opportunity to pick apart and slam you and YOUR country. Fair is fair.

Best Answer

I am proud to be an American! :)

Best Answer

This Nashville boy is proud of this country and anyone that comes here from anywhere else to embrace our freedoms.

Best Answer

Because people fail to separate the government and it's people. Take Russia for example, it's government has a track record of being douches but nobody hates on their citizens.

Best Answer

It's currently trendy to hate on the US.

Best Answer

I have no problem as long as you don't demand I feel the same. Too many people polarize national pride. I see plenty of reasons for shame as well as pride. Picking one or the other is fallacious.

Best Answer

I am Proud to be Proud of whats my country gave me and still giving me and teaching me

Best Answer

And grateful...

Best Answer

I'm happy you are proud... We need more pride and commitment to our respective countries..

Best Answer

No we don't.

Best Answer

Well we sure don't need more hatred like the kind you are spreading Hirafu...

Best Answer

he's an idiot troll

Best Answer

Hatred? I've mentioned a few inconvenient facts about the US and that's hatred? Now that's the problem with pride and patriotism. It blinds you to the truth.

Best Answer

I respect your opinion and I wish you would do the same for mine...Agree to disagree is what we do best you and I...lol

Best Answer

But I haven't disagreed with you. I've asked what exactly you are proud about. And beyond some vague crap you haven't been able to tell me anything specifically.

Best Answer

I am proud that we are there to help those in need, I am proud that we have the rights and freedom we have I am proud of all the good our country has done and will do in the future, I am proud I can say this without the fear of being shot for saying it, I am proud to have the right to choose my religion ..I am PROUD of many things in our country..I am also proud that I can love another from any country because I am a good person..And that one has nothing to do with the US

Best Answer

I'm not proud of the country I am from and I find it hard to understand how anyone of intelligence could be proud to be American.

Best Answer

Well I am intelligent and I am very proud...We may not be perfect but then again what country is

Best Answer

Yeah but why do you think you need to be proud? What's the point of it? I mean what exactly are you proud of? The fact that America has the greatest disparity between rich and poor of any developed nation? The fact that America has more people imprisoned than any other country on the planet? That you have one of the highest murder rates in the developed world? What is it you're so proud of?

Best Answer

I had rather my heart be filled with Pride and Joy than hatred..I treat people like people where ever they are from...

Best Answer

Hirafu isn't happy unless he's not happy. If you don't like it, Hirafu, put the barrel in your mouth and pull the trigger. Your problems are yours.

Best Answer

Regardless of Hirafu's feelings one of the greatest things about this country is his freedom to express how he feels. No need to hate on him, we are allowed to disagree and when we make a post we have to accept that not everyone has to agree.

Best Answer

LOL..He and I seem to have a hidden understanding of each other..I do not hate him

Best Answer

izz I'm not American. And guess what I have the freedom to express how I feel in my country too! It's not only in America you get to do that!! Just in case you're one of those Americans who seems to think that freedom can on be found in the US.

Best Answer

Wtf? I have an amazing life. But I don't fill it with fantasy. And I don't fill it with blind pride.

Best Answer

Fill your heart with whatever you want Vickie but don't be blinded by pride to the terrible things that occur in your country. I don't turn a blind eye to the terrible things that happen in my country out some sort of need to be patriotic.

Best Answer

Just because I may not be happy with the choices our government makes does not mean I shouldn't be proud of the good we do and we have done much good in this world

Best Answer

It's not just about this government. It's about generations of governments that have allowed a situation in the US where you have created the widest gap, of any developed country by a very large margin, between rich and poor. So much of America's social issues arise from this incredible disparity. There is something fundamentally wrong with how America operates.

Best Answer

During Desert Storm I watched our flag being burned over and over by protesting Americans. Then it dawned on me...that is the exact reason I am here with my unit in Iraq. I am here and I am willing to do this because along with that right, we have so many more that are worth sacrificing for. I am now completely disabled from the Marine Corps. Oh yes, I also do have a tiny spattering of intelligence also...though my husband would argue that at times!

Best Answer

What a surprise people view America as evil today, if it was 150 years a go they wouldn't have said **** about the atrocities they have committed. I was born in America, and the racism just blows my mind on the internet.

Best Answer

I just find it so very amusing though that so many of you highly intelligent Americans seem to think that yours is the only country where there is freedom. Outside of Iraq how many other countries around this world have you been to? I can assure you that America isn't unique in having freedom.

Best Answer

they might be jealous

Best Answer

I am proud to be a american

Best Answer

can you define "American?"

Best Answer

Me

Best Answer

Well I feel American, but by U.S. Definition, I would not be "American." Does that mean I shouldn't be proud, like you?

Best Answer

You should be proud of who you are no matter where you are

Best Answer

Hmmm... Could be a good title for a song....

Best Answer

I`m Canadian and damn proud of it. There is nothing wrong with national pride. You`re a good neighbour to have btw. ;o)

Best Answer

Im asian i am proud to be one and where i come from...

Best Answer

Depends if you are proud and can accept others can have different opinions of your country and thiers. Otherwise "proud" is just obnoxious. Personally I have no pride in any country but I can accept others can. Doesn't make either opinon less or more valid in the bigger picture.

Best Answer

Perhaps no personal contributions to our amazing country. When we contribute personally, we then have an active interest. Some don't appreciate what they have always had. After spending 12 years in the Marine Corps, I'm quite thankful for our country. She's not perfect, but quiet wonderful just the same! I was 100% disabled during Desert Storm. Iwould obviously prefer it didn't happen, but would go through it all again to help preserve what we all have.

Best Answer

And how exactly did going to Iraq do anything to help preserve what you have?

Best Answer

A way of life that I enjoy and appreciate and want for my own children. I can appreciate your perspective in terms of politics and most likely be inclined to agree with some of your points if view, however, I was referring to ideals, personsl beliefs and the foundation on which Anerica was built. God. When that is threatened, it is time to notice. I have always believed that our weaknesses as a nation come from within...as with all nations. In what ways do you work to change the issues of your concern? Just curious. No sarcasm intended.

Best Answer

I don't follow blind patriotism.

Best Answer

It is good to be patriotic. Some people are more open about it than others.

Best Answer

Why is it good to be patriotic?

Best Answer

Glad you asked. Patriotism comes in many forms--cheering, questioning, quietly supporting. Basically, your country is where you are and what protects your stuff and gives you some rights. So, at least following the law is a form of support for your country

Best Answer

You don't have to be patriotic to follow the law.

Best Answer

No, I suppose not. You're being a good citizen. Sometimes you are patriotic by opposing an unjust law, but following the law helps maintain a stability. Maybe you define patriotism as flag-waving or ready to defend your country to the death. Those definitions are out there, but I don't necessarily endorse them.

Best Answer