I would hope you are just as proud of the country you are from...
vickieprince vickieprince 51-55, F 32 Answers May 5, 2014 in Doing Good

As MisterManners said, it's currently fashionable to be anti-USA. I personally am proud to be American. No country is perfect, but at least we have the freedom to say that. It's like being proud of a family member, they can embarrass you, make stupid decisions, etc. but in the end, you're proud of them for who they are. You love them so any attempt to rectify their behaviour comes from your belief that they have the potential to be great.

Best Answer

True.. every country has freedom, just decorated different.

Best Answer

I never said anything of the sort. You're just reading your preconceived notions of Americans into my words.

Best Answer

You ARE quiet the jerk aren't you? Why so much sarcasm and venom toward Americans? Who are you and where are YOU from? Not once in several
days of reading your snide comments have I seen a word about YOUR country. Is it not worth mentioning? I didn't think so. Pride and thankfulness for the sacrifices ithers have made before you semms to be a theme you are oblivious to. So, big man, where are YOU from? Let us all have the opportunity to pick apart and slam you and YOUR country. Fair is fair.

Best Answer

I am proud to be an American! :)

Best Answer

This Nashville boy is proud of this country and anyone that comes here from anywhere else to embrace our freedoms.

Best Answer

Because people fail to separate the government and it's people. Take Russia for example, it's government has a track record of being douches but nobody hates on their citizens.

Best Answer

It's currently trendy to hate on the US.

Best Answer

I have no problem as long as you don't demand I feel the same. Too many people polarize national pride. I see plenty of reasons for shame as well as pride. Picking one or the other is fallacious.

Best Answer

I am Proud to be Proud of whats my country gave me and still giving me and teaching me

Best Answer

And grateful...

Best Answer

I'm happy you are proud... We need more pride and commitment to our respective countries..

Best Answer

Well we sure don't need more hatred like the kind you are spreading Hirafu...

Best Answer

he's an idiot troll

Best Answer

I respect your opinion and I wish you would do the same for mine...Agree to disagree is what we do best you and I...lol

Best Answer

I am proud that we are there to help those in need, I am proud that we have the rights and freedom we have I am proud of all the good our country has done and will do in the future, I am proud I can say this without the fear of being shot for saying it, I am proud to have the right to choose my religion ..I am PROUD of many things in our country..I am also proud that I can love another from any country because I am a good person..And that one has nothing to do with the US

Best Answer

they might be jealous

Best Answer

I am proud to be a american

Best Answer

Hmmm... Could be a good title for a song....

Best Answer

I`m Canadian and damn proud of it. There is nothing wrong with national pride. You`re a good neighbour to have btw. ;o)

Best Answer

Im asian i am proud to be one and where i come from...

Best Answer

Depends if you are proud and can accept others can have different opinions of your country and thiers. Otherwise "proud" is just obnoxious. Personally I have no pride in any country but I can accept others can. Doesn't make either opinon less or more valid in the bigger picture.

Best Answer

Perhaps no personal contributions to our amazing country. When we contribute personally, we then have an active interest. Some don't appreciate what they have always had. After spending 12 years in the Marine Corps, I'm quite thankful for our country. She's not perfect, but quiet wonderful just the same! I was 100% disabled during Desert Storm. Iwould obviously prefer it didn't happen, but would go through it all again to help preserve what we all have.

Best Answer

A way of life that I enjoy and appreciate and want for my own children. I can appreciate your perspective in terms of politics and most likely be inclined to agree with some of your points if view, however, I was referring to ideals, personsl beliefs and the foundation on which Anerica was built. God. When that is threatened, it is time to notice. I have always believed that our weaknesses as a nation come from within...as with all nations. In what ways do you work to change the issues of your concern? Just curious. No sarcasm intended.

Best Answer

I don't follow blind patriotism.

Best Answer

It is good to be patriotic. Some people are more open about it than others.

Best Answer

Glad you asked. Patriotism comes in many forms--cheering, questioning, quietly supporting. Basically, your country is where you are and what protects your stuff and gives you some rights. So, at least following the law is a form of support for your country

Best Answer

No, I suppose not. You're being a good citizen. Sometimes you are patriotic by opposing an unjust law, but following the law helps maintain a stability. Maybe you define patriotism as flag-waving or ready to defend your country to the death. Those definitions are out there, but I don't necessarily endorse them.

Best Answer

it shouldn't

Best Answer

America* has done a lot of things the past 70 years that's not to be so proud of...

Best Answer

As many countries have but I am proud just the same

Best Answer

but, one thing is claiming to be self righteous.

Best Answer

No one has launched 2x nukes over women and children, invaded countless of countries in modern day, and also most of the Americans iv'e met, and I have met a few, are very self righteous, king of the hill, cocky people.... It's limited to what kind of people one can meet through work and vacation.... But the ones who has the means to travel around the world and work around the world has not been the particular humble, respectful decent human beings. But iv'e learned to not take all Americans under the same comb. I jut wanted to answer your question. And you hid my answer behind other nations history, than I couldn't help myself. A fat nation with 4x times the consumption of goods in contrast to the rest of the globe should know better... 315 million people on that huge land, and the rest 6,7-7 billion follow's behind....

Best Answer

I never once claimed to be self righteous....There is a lot of good in this country but people choose to see only the bad...Open your eyes and your heart..THAT is what makes this country so great, We can do this

Best Answer

I hid no ones answer...

Best Answer

There's a lot of people we good intentions. America does claim to be righteous.

Best Answer

You think America is the only country that does this...This happens in every country, this is why wars are going on now and guess what America didn't start them...

Best Answer

Human nature IS that way. All humans from any land. It is not what is claimed; its what is done. Actions. And I do believe America is on a very slippery slope. Change begins with me.

Best Answer