People are different and you can't generalize a certain age group and say they behave a certain way; cause that's not necessarily true all the time. It's understandable how you'd want to talk to someone of your own age, but one of the wonders of the internet is that you can talk to anyone you (probably) would never have in 'real' life. Rant over. And for anyone wondering, cause I get this A LOT, I am NOT 70 years old - thought anyone would assume it was the default anonymous age on here.
YouCouldBeHappy YouCouldBeHappy 70+, F 9 Answers Jun 30 in Doing Good

bc i dont want to be talking to a 12 year old. id feel like a perv.

Best Answer

I don't judge by the age however depending on the subject of the post I do consider the age. I have a teen daughter so I enjoy reading some teen posts and then when I read an adult post I prefer to read answers from the adults that have the life experiences that teens don't have.

Best Answer

The reason it matters to me is because I would not always give the same advice depending on the age. And when I see 70+ but a young photo, I'll always give an age appropriate answer by assuming they are a teen. It's mostly teens who care to list an older age.

Best Answer

Andbby age appropriate, I do not mean censored, but tailored. I wouldn't give a teen the same dating advice as a 30 year old and I wouldn't always give the same dating advice for a 30 yr old to a 60 yr old. Same for health questions/medical situations, suggestions on movies to watch, etc etc.

Best Answer

Yea I get that, and that's how it should be done, cause this place is for nearly everyone.

Best Answer

I rarely answer minors.

Best Answer

Why not?

Best Answer

Exactly, whenever people ask me how old i am i say "old enough" unless they're in my circle and then they know other than that, it's not important.

Best Answer

I feel ya! OBVIOUSLY I am lying about y age - why make such a big deal about it? I'm not afraid to tell my actual age, if that's what they think. Geez.

Best Answer

actually some generalizations actually do fit. but overall treating an entire generation the same way is a folly

Best Answer

because young people are often abused and because young people disdain we the older people.

Best Answer

You are wise beyond your 70+ years...xD

Best Answer

Anonymous age, yet your posts relfect your age group so obviously. Experience comes with age, as does maturity and some subjects older people would prefer not to discuss with younger people.

Best Answer

Atta boy, if you're lucky, your wisdom will catch up in a few years.

Best Answer

You wanted an honest answer, I gave one, ignoring your attempted mock.

Best Answer