There are obviously plenty of opposers of gay marriage in the world. If there weren't, gay marriage would be legalized completely by now. The majority of Americans claim to be Christian, and Christianity isn't exactly compatible with homosexuality. So why is it that whenever you Google "gay marriage," everything you find supports homosexuality and gay marriage? If there are plenty of people who oppose it, why don't they have any online presence? By the way, for those who have already answered, I am not stating my opinion on the issue, and I don't care what your opinion is either. I'm not trying to convince you one way or the other. I'm just asking a simple question. Please answer it. I just don't understand why the Internet seems to have a single opinion, while in reality, there are so many different opinions out there.
RopinTexan RopinTexan 22-25, M 12 Answers Jun 19, 2012

Indoctrination of the young people in public schools and by Hollywood. I believe Internet users are disproportionately young.

Also there is an intimidation factor. The homosexuality supporters are big time flamers, very scathing toward anybody who dares to disagree with them on this issue. They know how to raise hell. It is meant to silence opposition, and it sadly works pretty well.

Best Answer

This seems pretty simple to me - the internet is one "place" where people from all over, of every age group and walk of life, gathers and communicates. Many people who oppose gay marriage and homosexuality in general, have not had the experience of somebody close to them being gay, which could give them a reason to learn about it in a less negative light.

On the internet, you may see more people claiming to be pro-homosexuality/gay marriage, and this could be because people online have communicated with people different from themselves and learned that maybe they are not so different. Or, it is possible that the ones speaking up on the issue are mostly those who support it, because while being pro gay marriage doesn't mean you automatically disapprove of someone else, being against it certainly does.

I'm not nearly optimistic enough to believe this, but I guess it's possible a lot of people just find it unfair to see anyone treated unfairly, and make their voices heard. One can hope, though.

Best Answer

I don't know, I don't understand why I turned gay later in life either. I was as heterosexual as anyone early in my life, I was always a crossdresser but now I have desires for men. I've tried hard to resist but I can't ignore it. As far as gay marriage I was always in favor of civil unions. As far as the internet seeming to be in exclusively in support of homosexuality I think that comes from the fact we feel safe discussing it from the relative safety of our keyboards.

Best Answer

From what I understand, most devout Christians stay off the Internet, and keep their kids off the Internet too - to avoid negative influence.

There are a lot of things on the Internet, on TV, and even in schools that directly contradict Christs teachings. Many Christians choose not to spend time engaged with people who don't share the same values and morals as they do.

Best Answer

Hmm, that's an interesting perspective. I'm a Christian, and I enjoy spending time with people with different values. I enjoy diversity, even if that means I don't agree with everyone I spend time with. And I'm also hopelessly addicted to the Internet :-P But maybe I'm in the minority.

Best Answer

Cut me a break with this bullshit. Leave people alone to be who they are until they hurt someone. The reason is because there are so many self-centered, egotistical ******** that are educated derelicts, who want to control the actions of others.

My God who cares. What someone says about me is not of my business unless they make it mine.

As far as Religion, people interperate it the way that fits them! Geeze

Enough is enough, just let people be free. This happens to be America. Now it's your turn to judge me.

Jamie Lee.......................................................................

Best Answer

Sorry for the typo.

Best Answer

Defensive much? Just answer the question...

Best Answer

I'm not defensive Sweetie, I am just sick and tired of discrimination! This question shouldn't even have to be asked !!! That is my answer !

Best Answer

I'm not being discriminatory. I'm just curious. Am I not allowed to answer a simple, objective question?

Best Answer

Then I'll bite! Everyone in the internet isn't ! pro-homosexuality and pro-gay-marriage. That's just an opinion of yours..............Your tough! I'll bet you and I could have some real intense conversations............
Jamie Lee

Best Answer

If you read the question word-for-word, you'll see the word "seem" in it. I know that everyone isn't. ConceptualClarity would be an example of someone who isn't. What I'm asking is why it SEEMS that way. It's more than an opinion though because, like I stated in the explanation to my question, whenever I search the Web for gay marriage or anything related to homosexuality, the majority...not ALL, but the vast MAJORITY...of what I see is for it, not against it. That's what I'm asking.

Best Answer

Reality has a liberal bias.

Best Answer

That's progress for you. We're an open minded bunch here. There are plenty of narrow minded ********, but we made them stand in the corner. :)

Best Answer

I'm not talking about just "here." I mean all over the entire Internet.

Best Answer

Is that an ironic answer or an unintentionally self-incriminating answer?

Best Answer

I'm not sure what you mean. I just said that to clarify that I'm speaking outside of EP; I meant the entire Internet.

Best Answer

Why Not ? EQUAL rights for EVERYONE .... If you don't want a Gay marriage or a homosexual relationship; don't have one .....

People are beginning to realize that there is nothing wrong with two people of the same sex wanting to be in a relationship and /or marriage .... thus it is discussed onlne more ....

Best Answer

Because that is the right side to be on. I'm sure you can find yourself a hate group though

Best Answer

So only the "right" people are on the Internet?

Best Answer

No. :D There are hate groups on the internet as well. People on the internet are inherrently liberal though. It's a younger crowd for one, and the population that can "gather" is very large which very often leads to a more liberal world view because you have SO many types of people together, not physically but digitally.

Best Answer

Your so called Christians refuse to show how closed minded they really are. I'm sure you can find a website where people spew hatred for homosexuals. I don't care to look for one personally.

I believe in God and pray everyday. The God I pray to LOVES all of his children, not just the hetrosexual ones. If you tell me to read the bible I will be quick to remind you that was the old testament... Everything changed on the cross.. and I'm not going to get all "religious" on you.

Best Answer

I don't want to argue with you, but I'm pretty sure that Romans 1:26 and 1 Corinthians 6:9 are the Old Testament.
Regardless, this still doesn't answer my question.

Best Answer

Both of those are New Testament actually.

Best Answer

That's what I meant. I meant "aren't," not "are." My bad.

Best Answer