Ajay88 Ajay88 26-30, M 6 Answers Dec 26, 2013 in Broken Hearts & Betrayal

If you are going into meeting new people with expectations beyond friendship, you're setting yourself up to be hurt. If you emotionally-invest in someone before fully knowing them and determining if compatibility at the intimate-level exists, you are setting yourself up to be hurt.

Feeling attraction toward someone and emotionally-investing in them without fully knowing them is infatuation, which is a far cry from love. Too many people "fall in love" with someone before they really know them, and then find out later that they aren't compatible as they learn more about them.

Another common problem is that some people are so in love with the idea of being in love, that they will try to force a state of love without taking the time to find out if compatibility with someone is realistically feasible. Since learning who someone is takes a lot of time, it logically follows that true-love occurring will take a lot of time. That is why the strongest and longest-lasing relationships start from a level of friendship that grows into love after two people have had time to truly learn who each other is.

If your heart starts telling you that you are in love with someone that you've recently met and haven't taken the time to learn who they truly are, and a lot of "unknown" still exists about them, that's the time that your mind should step in and *****-slap some sense into your heart. When the mind does not correctly govern the heart, the heart will too often rush itself into breaking.

Best Answer

That seems to be the M.O. here on EP.You fall in love with these *******, you get a steamy convo going and BAM! they block you.And they wonder why they're lonely,lol.

Best Answer

lol, I'm new here but I didn't think it would be like that

Best Answer

A lot of ******* talk a good game but can't deliver the goods, either literally or figuratively.Or they're really good girls.(yeahright.)

Best Answer

I agree but I think they were our lessons. Friendships are always being tested. Men always hurt me.

Best Answer

I definitely understand and agree but it's like in most relationships there is always one that loves more the other and dammit I'm tired of being that one lol. I just feel like I can see a heartbreak or two but there are people out there that are like 50 and still looking. Now that's messed up

Best Answer

That happens often. It's so unfair.

Best Answer

I try not to love guys before getting to know them on a deeper level. I'm doing wat guys do. Think consider and make decision if he makes me a better person but he must have a good strong caring and understanding heart otherwise I will throw him away like a pair of socks with holes in them like they do with me.

Best Answer

It seems like on EP, I meet new people just to have to block them for being pervs.

Best Answer

That really sucks, I didn't know people would try to use this as like a hook up site. I was just trying to see if there were people as lonely and sad as I am lol

Best Answer

There are........ but when many people say 'lonely' they actually mean 'horny' or 'want to cheat on my spouse.'

Best Answer

ohhhhh yea that does make sense, thanks for the heads up

Best Answer

I don't have a empty heart:)- It is filled with love of God. And I love Mason. It will hurt if anyone would tried that to me. Seal you heart.

Best Answer

C'est la vie mon ami!

Best Answer

lol yea thats true but it still sucks. Some people have been with the same person for like 50, 60 years. Some of us are on like relationship 20 and can't keep it together for more than a month.

Best Answer

Who are you sissy? Why I see you in Blue. Do You want me to block you, permanently? Or you have plan to leave my IP alone. are you still using my phone 2403466567? Isn't you Sabina A. Rahman, who just settle property 2.1 million dollar on Colombia Pike, Anandale,VA on January 5th, after, her husband Obaidul Islam was charged for assault? Or you Nooreen Rahman, aka, Nurn Nissa?
Leave me alone.

Best Answer