There are two things: Fear of hurting someone, and Fear of rejection. If they are married, they don't want to hurt their spouses even if they are in a loveless marriage, not being fulfilled. They may want to be with that other person because they know that without them they will never be complete. BUT will stay because they (spouse) depends on them for everything.Than there is the fear that you are leaving your safe cacoon for the unknown...will it make you happy If you are true to yourself and leave to be happy there is no turning back....so..many will never do it!!

Best Answer

Because they don't Find Out who they really are before they invest everything in another person. That's also why they're so broken when a relationship ends; they had no concept of self to begin with, and defined themselves by who they were to/with that other person.<br />
If we developed our own self and character before we entered relationships, surely it would save some people the heartbreak.

Best Answer

Tell me about it. I'm in this personal rut, myself...and I am detesting that human dynamic.

Best Answer