Maybe it was less complicated. Money seemed to go further. What do you think? Kids were young. Work seemed easier too.
PoetryNEmotion PoetryNEmotion 51-55, F 17 Answers Nov 24, 2012 in Health

All of that and then some. I'm not sure it was a simpler time or if we were just more simple. I do know the technology has ruined a lot of society. I hate to be around someone who would rather text or check their i-phone than to talk to me. [:>{)

Best Answer

Morning, hon. Yes. While technology has advanced in many ways, I still prefer talking to any other form of communication. This techno gives me the ability to communicate with you here in this manner so that is great. Face to face is preferable. Love you. xoxo

Best Answer

For me life was harder in the past it was hell. People were nasty as hell! now it's so easy it's boring. Also for me people seem more friendly.

Best Answer

Some people suffer more than others. As one grows, people get wiser. That is the world.

Best Answer

I think people were certainly more friendly back when I was growing up. Now it seems like you approach somebody about something they immediately become suspicious of your motives ... Even hear about places like the burroughs of New York blocks of people within each burrough were proud of their neighborhood ... their kids played with one another, went to school and church, they were little communities all onto themselves ... these days though to much mistrust and that has spilled over all over the country

Best Answer

Yes. When one knew his neighbours and their kids. And trust existed. And strangers smiled at one another. And kids played in front yards and at parks...You are making me nostalgic. And smile. Thanks..

Best Answer

You're welcome :)

Best Answer

Probably because we've already survived it. The Now sometimes takes all of our energy... The past, even if itwas very bad, is only a memory.

Best Answer

Life was definitely not easier in the past, just less complicated. It's estimated that children growing up today are exposed to more information in a year than most of humanity ever saw in a lifetime. No more unquestioned truths.

Best Answer

It was. Look at life in the 50's and now, and you will be able to compare wages to the prices and see that things have gotten much harder. <br />
Just the CEO to worker salary ratio has outrageously changed and that is where your jobs and benefits all went.

Best Answer

I was born in the 60's. I am a nurse and have to wait by the phone to get work. It is not good. Unions who suck our money. Management wants more glory and pile unrealistic work loads on.

Best Answer

I know there is a lot of anger towards unions but that was made by the managment by the things they say and not what the unions did. You need to look at the numbers for CEO to worker compensation and you will see for yourself that it was not the unions that cuased the problems. IE: The head of GM has a base salary of 8 million and then all of the benefits, stock options, expense accounts, comapny vehicles, etc. He even went to Washington to ask for the bailout in the Company Jet. THAT IS ONE PERSON ! There are hundreds of executives in GM. Yet it was the people that made the cars that cost the company to much.

Best Answer

No. It was not. I am fortunate enough to have learned directly from folks two generations ahead of me and, from reading, long before their time. It was only easier in that there were fewer choices and many of those were rather more grim than those facing us, in our Western world. I would not trade places with someone pre-toilet paper for any amount of money, and given my medical history, pre-1955.

Best Answer

One cannot trade places. Only learn.

Best Answer

no cell phones, no computers, no Ipads and pods, no CNN, and alot of stuff was made in America.......take me back to the 70's .........

Best Answer

70's were not so bad. I was there.

Best Answer

1976 the bi-centenial year, best year of my life, got my drivers license, new girlfriend, and star wars hit the movie screens, and i was a sweet 16

Best Answer

Because you were still a kid and you didn't have to look after yourself?

Best Answer

Not true. Always looked after myself.

Best Answer

I feel this way often too, but then again when remembering the past you remember it not exactly how it was but in a different way, perhaps with wisdom and it doesn't seem so bad. But the truth is if you went back there it wouldn't feel as easy as it seems now.

Best Answer

No. Don't agree with you.

Best Answer

Perhaps it's because your unhappy right now in your life. Try work on that and hope for an even happier, easier future.

Best Answer

It certainly was slower...

Best Answer

The pace was certainly slower...

Best Answer

With everything I had been through as a child, I don't think I could say that mine was easier. Different, of course, but still very difficult. I am still hoping that things get easier as I go.

Best Answer

technology didn't exist in the past

Best Answer

What? Yes, it did. How do you think you have electricity and cars, and bricks, and clothes, and all that stuff?

Best Answer

Well yeah, but I meant the internet and texting, technology as we know today

Best Answer

I think we lived well without all this technology. People seemed more human too.

Best Answer

yeah, and there were less cyberbullying issues and what not

Best Answer

True. Kids were nicer. Or you could run and hide. Now they stalk you. God.What a world.

Best Answer

I know, but even with the negative side of this technology, I find it worth it. To be honest I don't know what I would do without it. It connects the world, and makes it seem smaller

Best Answer