My daughter who is 10 years old, keeps having wetting accidents in public! e.g we are in eating in a restaurant and she will suddenly go quiet and then when we get up to leave there will be a puddle on her chair!? I'm pulling my hair out trying to figure out what shes up to... Everytime i ask her why she didnt go to the bathroom she explains that she didn't know she needed the toilet untill it was coming out. I've taken her to the doctors they say shes perfectly heathly. I've even tried punishing but nothing seems to work PLEASE get back to me on this one, You can even email me on : jackie.jj@hotmail.co.uk Thankyou
jackie123jj jackie123jj 36-40, F 20 Answers Jul 9, 2010

Her mind is on other things, and her parents don't make her go before she leaves home.

I wet my pants in elementary school and I think I may be able to relate to your daughter. I'll send you a message explaining further. But basically I am so good at concentrating on what I am doing that I forget about everything else, including my bladder.

Best Answer

As horrid as that sounds, do you really think any of us strangers would, or should know when you don't? It's time to consult a doctor.

Best Answer

Please let me know what u find out. I have a 10 yr. Old daughter who still wets self at school. Not all the time but often.. we have been to so many doctors & cant tell me what's wrong.. To make it worse other kids don't understand..

Best Answer

By reading some stories on this website some people even get a thrill out of it (sometimes sexual).

Best Answer

Has anything happened to her that you can think of that might want her to revert to being a very little girl?

Is her physical development early (a common problem these days)? I would definitely have her checked out both physically and with a psychologist. Don't let them push drugs on her, though.

Best Answer

She is the eldest of my 4 children, but thats never really bothered her before. Yes, i'm taking her back to the doctors soon and I would never have her put on drugs because of her wetting accidents.

Best Answer

i bet it's cause she doesn't know where the toilet is in a restaurant, and maybe shy to ask, or just unsure how people go about that....like, do you go to the bathroom before eating, or after, or just whenever? maybe there's so much else going on, other people talking and such, that she doesn't want to say "HEY WHERE's the bathroom i have to PEE!"

know what i mean?

sounds silly, but i bet that's all.

Best Answer

she's nervous or even afraid of you..I used to do the same thing until 8 grade!..When my mom was being rude to me or i was laughing badly or someone around mw was making me nervous or i wasn't comfortable, i was hiding something, i would wet my myself in public..talk to her calmly, be nice to her, treat her like your lil treasure and she would control herself better

Best Answer

Attention, most likely. Try letting her out of the basement one or two days a week.

Best Answer

?

Best Answer

I agree with SoftCore Boy. Totally. A child that doesn't want to be obtrusive even forgets about her needs.

As she relaxes, the symptom will go. You sound like you are an anxious person yourself.

Best Answer

Ok well by the time you have publicly posted such a personal question it is clear you are at your wits end....If you are in need of asking this question, I will not hesitate to tell you how and why you need to handle this now as opposed to later....

Even children can have a "small bladder" for their size...women are notorious for this problem. What you need to do is find a Uro-Gynegologist....a woman preferably, or if not, at least a dr that sees the female anatomy daily and not just a male's....Urology in and of itself is a man's medical specialty as you will note how many pictures of male anatomy are hanging on the wall...besides do you really want to take your child to a dr who gives out viagra like candy?

I think it is time for the doc to run Uro-dynamic tests, and I would also insist on a Cytoscopy, I think I have the term right, it is where they actually look in the bladder...for a doctor to say all is well with what you describe is simply ludicrous....children that age do not want to sit in a puddle unless there is a reason fo rit...after all medical tests are done, it wouldn't hurt to look into a counselor who can ask whether there is a reason this child does not want to go into a women's public bathroom. Maybe she saw something in one that has a reason to put her off from wanting to go into one....it's the same premises when a cat starts wetting on furtniture, it is always a medical or mental issue going on.....good luck to you

Best Answer

i think your probaly right, thank you for helping i'm deffinalty going to book another doctors appointment now and demand for them to look deeper into the problem!

Best Answer

She might have a urine infection, my daughter was born with duplex kidney with refluxing ureter, she wet herself for years till she was finally diagnosed! The doctors kept saying I was just an over protective nuerotic mother, until they were proven wrong when they finally agreed to do a urine sample on my insistence! Even then it took over a year before they actually started proceedings for her to have an operation and though it was diagnosed at 5 yrs old she didn't get the operation till she was 8!

She now has only one good kidney, the other isn't in use and is just floating and she is prone to urine infections for the rest of her life, can't ever use bubble bath or talcum powder or drink blackcurrant juice, anything with caffeine in or alcohol.

I suggest you get her to pee in a bottle and take it to the doctors and tell them to test it, all they have to do is dip a stick in it and they'll know straight away if she has an infection!

Best Answer

oh my! i hope your daughter is well. I'm certainly going to get this checked out. Don't want to leave anything untill its too late.

Best Answer

This is actually more common than you would think. Some girls have developed bladder/urethra differences and find it hard to know when they need to pee.

See a doctor

Best Answer

Count Spatula nailed it.

Best Answer

It could be a medical problem. Have you gone to the doctor about it? If its not a medical problem, then perhaps she just wants some extra attention. Before you get too angry at her for wetting herself, make sure it isn't anything serious by going to a professional.

Best Answer

maybe nervous

Best Answer

hmm... i don't think she is nervous, shes usally a very loud child which is why i'm confused when she suddenly goes quiet?

Best Answer