I have dealt with this also before. If you want to stay with them, then you have to be patient and wait it out for them to be ready to quit. Alcoholism didn't happen overnight so quitting and recovery won't happen overnight either. Be patient but at the same time tell them what they are missing out on by being this way. Show them the beauty and experiences in life they are missing out on.

Best Answer

how do i ignore the blame of me

Best Answer

It's not your fault. That's what they all say. You just have to keep telling yourself it's not your fault. You didn't make them this way.

Best Answer

It is very important that you set boundaries (for yourself) with him. Beacuse if you find yourself breaking them you will feel worse about yourself. It is very easy to get engulfed in the disease with him and lose yourself in the process. Be careful and stay true to who you are.

Best Answer

I completely agree with you Candymm. You have to be strong and not give in a subscribe to any mental abuse that happens and don't sell out on your principles and values.

Best Answer

Find support from others who have dealt with this. It isn't your fault.

Best Answer

It's just comes with the disease.

Best Answer

How can i help myself great guy and uber
Angry

Best Answer

I'm working through that one myself with my son at the time. The truth is it doesn't matter how great of a person they are. Alcoholism is an equal opportunity disease, it welcomes everyone. I am walking away from my son right now because the truth is he is the only one who can stop this madness, but he has to see it first and own it next, and at this time he is blind. When he's ready to get the help, I'll be right there to support him. Till then I just am going to stay away as much as possible and pray.

Best Answer