This sounds silly, but i want to know why my arm hurts. Sure i was working with weights on tues and thrs but still this kind of pain does not feel normal. I think this all started one day when a lump magically appeared on my arm that hurt. My mom wrapped a hot wash cloth on it for two nights and it went away. Now everytime someone grabs my arm (lower arm) it hurts alot. Sometimes my arm randomly starts hurting me but the pain normally goes away by the next day and doesn't come back until mayb 2 or 3 months later. Right now my arm feels alittle like its about to fall off. Tues it felt like it was having a headache lol. What is the cause my arm aches? And it will only happen in my right arm. I heard that i might have neck problems...i read it somewhere on the internet, called reffered pain or something like that. How can i make the pain go away?
unstablemind101 unstablemind101 22-25, F 14 Answers Nov 20, 2008

The lower arm has the muscles and tendons that work your fingers. Did you do anything that could have strained them, like grabbing something very heavy, or trying hard to get the top off a container? <br />
Its probably wise to go to a doctor, if it persists; he will better know the anatomy and what it might be. If you put this off, it could become chronic, or complicated by further strain (if that's what caused it).<br />
There's also a possibility that the cause is a past-life wound, for which you need the services of a competent healer / psychic - the doctor won't help much with that. If the arm feels like its about to drop off, it doesn't sound like referred pain to me - that's a pretty serious pain in my view. Could be a torn muscle or ligament or some such.<br />
I think there are liniments or ointments that could soothe the pain; but the cause should be ascertained and treated properly, I feel.<br />
Best wishes with it!

Best Answer

First off I would see my physician and ask about your pain, give the doctor all the facts. It could be Arthritis or Bursitis. Both generate a lot of annoying pain which weather affects to some degree. But your doctor should be seen ASAP.

Best Answer

Ooooooo a giant cow is on the celling!

Best Answer

The pulling of the arm carefully by someone else can help bcz the myofascial tissue that wraps around the muscles gets lightly stretched and can relieve persistent pain. Physical therapists can do MFR techniques to help.<br />
There are neck nerves that, when pinched or damaged, can send pains down the arm. Pressing a fingertip into the trapezius muscle to find the accupressure point can relieve the burning sensation in lower arm. Massage therapists can do this for you.<br />
Sometimes pain from the fingers to the elbow can be over-mousing or carpal tunnel injuries or strains. Resting & stretching help. Cold then hot compresses help. Salves like Tiger Balm from natural food stores can help more than chemical based products. ARNICA gel or tablets can help overworked muscles. (ask someone -like me!- at natural food store's supplement dept.) Hope it helps you!

Best Answer

Sounds like you might've torn something. You probably ought to see a doctor.

Best Answer

Ooooooo! There is a big fat walrus with a carrot blue- taked to the roof!

Best Answer

I honestly feel like something like this shouldn't be asked over the internet. You need to see a doctor. You need to tell him or her what occurred. There are any number of things that can cause pain like what you describe, including injuries (strain, sprain, pull/tear, etc), or diseases (Lyme Disease, Chronic Fatigue Syndrome, Fibromyalgia, and the list could go on from there)...As the pain has persisted for some time, information that you will get from the internet will be limited and provide you with nothing but a list, and will not allow for a physical exam nor a pinpoint of the exact location, nor any lab tests. It is my opinion that those are the things you would need in order to nail down what is bothering you. But that is JMO... :) Good luck to you. I hope you get to feeling better soon. It is not worth going through life in pain--it's just too short!

Best Answer

Best let your physician answer this one! :)

Best Answer

I think the likelihood is that your pain is caused by something that happened during your current life. Since you've done nothing but wory about it for the past several months, I think you're due to visit your doctor.

Best Answer