ashlynnx ashlynnx 18-21, F 12 Answers Aug 17, 2010

The same thing happens to me!!! I've looked this up and so far no one has an answer. I get this excruciating pain in my muscles in my shoulders, sometimes the pain goes down my arms or down the side of my ribs to the side of my stomach. But it is always in my shoulders. It is NOT from dehydration, I am NOT a big drinker, I only drink a couple times a year. The pain starts like 5 mins after I start drinking, like not even 1 drink in. The thing is, if i keep drinking it goes away. If i stop drinking after the first drink, the pain lasts for hours. It totally sucks.

Best Answer

Ever find anything out on this? Same thing started happening to me about 6-7 weeks ago. Out of nowhere. Pain is only in the top of my right arm. Shoots down my tricep towards my elbow. Had an EMG- nerves are fine. Had an MRI- it was normal too.
Any alcohol triggers mine - including wine.

Best Answer

This has been happening to me for years now. Not a big drinker but I have a few sips of a mixed drink & my chest aches, shoulders ache, legs feel weak. Like my muscles are spasming all over or something. Seeing my doc soon definitely going to ask. Anyone find out anything new?

Best Answer

Same exact thing happens to me to too

Best Answer

It's trying to tell you something, you should listen and not touch the rot gut.

Best Answer

Not to scare you, but it can be a sign of Hodgkin's lymphoma, although that would more likely be the case if this pain was something that only recently started happening rather than something you've always had. Still, you should ask your doc about it.

Best Answer

It's called histamine intolerance. I have the same problem. When your body has difficulty breaking down chemicals ie. alcohol, your body releases large amounts of histamines to the soft tissue w/in your joints causing pressure and pain.

Best Answer

from fallin down d stairs prolly

Best Answer

Your dehydrated, atheletes get it too. cramps etc. Alcohol robs needed fluids. So drink of water and plenty of it. Also orange juice.

Best Answer

Sounds like possible liver damage, liver damage often causes major muscle pain. You may want to see a physician and have blood work done and the doc to feel your liver for enlargement and etc.

Best Answer

i dont drink enough to have liver damage

Best Answer

you may wnt to get that checked out. Is it in your back? Because back pain while drinking alcohol or caffine can be the early signs of a urinary track infection, and if you do not see to it soon, it could lead to kidney failure. It happened to my cousin...

Best Answer

it's really only my shoulders.

Best Answer

Something to do with the balance between alcohol dehydrogenase and aldehyde dehydrogenase (and summat about L-alleles too can't remember now), int the liver If they are balanced correctly you can generally drink at least a couple of glasses a wine with no ill effect; it they are out of balance (and in your case it sounds like you may have an excess production of aldehyde dehydrogenase), then you become either more susceptible to alcoholism, or in your case more sensitive to its effects. I believe the drug known as antibuse sort of messes with this stage in the breakdown of alcohol in the liver and makes you sick as a dog. So I've been told, the alcohol in a splash of aftershave will set off a reaction if you are taking these drugs. Anyway, very bad science answer and it's not a cast iron theory anyway (and I couldn't be arsed to double check).

Best Answer

At a guess possibly a reaction from your liver or kidneys rejecting the alcohol setting off a chain reaction of pain and aching in your body...I also have experienced this reaction and have sought some advice from my doctor - blood tests were done and my liver and kidneys are fine - holistically my body has chosen to reject alcohol and it is my body's way of saying hey stop the abuse (I've never been a big drinker) feed me nourishing foods and beverages no more poisons or toxins...so I'm listening and heeding the messages.

Best Answer

Yeah, It only happens when I drink anything else other than wine. <br /><br />
Wine doesn't bother me. Just liquor and what not.<br /><br />
My parents thing I'm allergic to it.<br /><br />
So I guess I'll be going to the doctors.<br /><br />
I've never been a big drinker.

Best Answer

I think i have the same problems. I will be on my first drink and my arms, and stomach will start to ache really bad, and then i know i have to drink water, and after i have a few sips of water i feel totally better. It sucks though. It doesn't always happen when I drink, but it usually does. I wish I knew why..

Best Answer