I don't even have to be bothering him. He just nips at my feet/legs...sometimes runs away. He follows me everywhere so it's not like he hates me. Probably just a playful gesture, but why does he do this? He doesn't do it to my spouse.
PurpleDandelion PurpleDandelion 31-35, F 16 Answers Aug 29, 2010

He's a cat, if he wasn't doing that he'd be ripping the crap out of your sofa or leaving you little presents on the living room floor.

Best Answer

You look like a mouse?

Best Answer

No, more like a chipmunk.

Best Answer

Sometimes biting means they want to play. Drag a piece of string or let him play fight with a sock. Do NOT strike him. If he bites you, say OUCH or NO then walk away and ignore him for a few hours.

Best Answer

Because you is chewy!<br />
He is just playing, they do that with each other... in his eyes you are just another member of the pack and he wants to play, that is usually how they start, but when done to another kitty they tend to chase them around after they run off.<br />
He probably does not think your spouse will be as fun to chew, that or he thinks they are the head of the pack and does not want it to be misconstrued as a challenge them because he is way to little compared to humans for that kinda thing.

Best Answer

my cat did that when he was young too...think of it this way, you are a very large moving squeak toy, what could be better<br />
this is how i got my cat to stop, i let him bite me then i picked him up and bit him HARD on the lips/cheek until HE squeaked....<br />
if he bites at your hands while playing or holding him try to remember not to pull you hand out , instead gently, but with firm pressure push your hand back against his jaw/mouth...they hate that and helps them learn<br />
or you could just spritz him with a water bottle

Best Answer

Cats bite to play with you and other bites are "kisses" . When they bite too hard they do not mean harm!! I read this in a cat magazine!! My 3 bite me and my hubby!! They will lick and groom you too!!

Best Answer

My cat does the same thing too. If I'm walking across my yard after dark, he springs out on me and nips my leg. It's disconcerting but also quite funny. I always say "Ouch"! That hurts! It must be a lot of fun for him!

Best Answer

Because it loves you! My cats bite me and the two that love each other the most bite each other the most!!<br />
=^.^=

Best Answer

Aww c'mon. It's a sign of affection. 8)

Best Answer

OMG! You're a vampire!

Best Answer

male cats bite to show you that you are his <br />
I had a flame point that would do it to me he was also the most talkative cat I have ever seen..he would vocalize constantly

Best Answer

Yes, he's very vocal too. LOL. Tuxedo cat.

Best Answer

Wants to let you know who is Boss :)

Best Answer

he or she wants to play. and if the cat clamps down hard, it just means he or she is a bit loony.

Best Answer

He never clamps down too hard. He could probably hurt me if he wanted to though. It just happens so frequently.

Best Answer