Maybe some past/present drug addicted people could help me with this....he takes several baths and or showers all day long....does it help to ease symptoms??
prettyinpink prettyinpink 46-50, F 19 Answers Nov 2, 2012 in Addiction

I think he might be just using the shower or bath but he is really doing the drugs in the bathroom

Best Answer

My first thought was the need to feel clean since addictions usually make their victims feel "dirty" to some degree.. Or privacy... Taking baths as an escapsion..<br />
I believe there's a disorder about this...

Best Answer

I was a previous meth addict, generally these days I tend to take showers when I feel the same emotions that lead me to drug addiction, namely anxiety, stress, gloominess etc.. I think it acts as an escape, a moment to catch your breath and think about things while doing something that feels pleasant, it also helps prevent me from going back to drugs...sounds like a drug in itself to be honest.

Best Answer

I use to take showers during my addiction to hide or if I was too messed up I would do it to make myself feel better. I knew they wouldn't sober me up but I felt comfort in doing that sometimes.

Best Answer

My son did a lot of Ketamine, which damages the bladder. Bathing relieved the discomfort of that. The tub was a place where it was ok to loose control. He would of course do more while he was in there.

Best Answer

If he's injecting stimulants such as methamphetamine there can be several reasons for multiple baths/showers depending on the individual, the quality and quantity consumption, the living circumstances of the individual ie. living conditions, roommates, etc., as well as any preexisting health conditions and /or psychological issues present. However, if I were to make a guess ba<x>sed on the few facts provided, I'd say that he's either trying to convince himself that he's not really a methhead because he has good hygiene (meth addicts can usually be identified by their lack of teeth, aged appearance, and sores on their skin due to poor hygiene among other things, it's a stereotype), or it's the only place he can go for sexual self-release (don't mean to sound crass but meth tends to heighten sexual sensitivity prompting further self-gratification beyond that of using the drug itself...this time it's sexual self-gratification). I'd be glad that he's bathing and my concerns would lie elsewhere. It's tough to kick but it is not impossible. Continued use never has a good outcome.

Best Answer

He feels bugs crawling on his skin and needs to get clean. He's going to eventually die from this and I'm very sorry because no matter how hard you try there is nothing you can do to help him.

Best Answer

It's the only time/place where addicts have the privacy to get high. Highly doubt he's actually bathing everyone of those times. They usually will turn the water on as a diversion.

Best Answer

but Nononoway...he would need a needle, spoon, etc...he comes out empty handed

Best Answer

I'm speaking from personal experience. I used to do that.

Best Answer

And the window doesn't need to be open. The steam from the shower disguises any kind of smoke that may be in the room.

Best Answer

He could have something in his pocket and then just be sniffing it up his nose.

Best Answer

i was an addict once, I did it to come back to real world, from my happy world

Best Answer

Ok tadaaaa...that's a more comforting take on it...whether it's true...i don't know

Best Answer

If he's a drug addict, he has OCD no question about it. I don't know specifically why he would shower and bathe so much. Unless he is using in the bathroom and he turns on the shower/bath water to drown out the noise of his usage while being in there. That's my guess. Does he open the bathroom window too?

Best Answer

interesting Christyna...the window is not open....OCD ..i never thought of that...thank you

Best Answer

All addicts and alcoholics have OCD to some degree. That's why they get addicted. It's a biochemical thing. But the showers could be because he is germ conscious or just hates feeling dirty. What drugs does he do?

Best Answer

heroin

Best Answer

Oh I am so sorry. Has he ever talked about quitting? If so, have him go to Narcotic's Anonymous. Lots of ex-heroin users there. Meetings are all over town and at different times of the day/evening. Did he used to take oxycontin (sp?) pills? It's common for oxycontin users to upgrade to heroin because it's cheaper.

Best Answer

it makes the skin softer if he's injecting

Best Answer

that makes alot of sense...he does inject :

Best Answer

Hallucinations ?<br />
The feeling of bugs crawling on his skin ?

Best Answer

that makes sense too...his face is in horrible shape...he picks it constantly :(

Best Answer

ermm he's probably riding the fapmobile

Best Answer

Maybe he is using that to relieve sexual tension?

Best Answer

Are you sure he's taking showers and baths? Maybe he's doing a no-no in there.

Best Answer

sweating out all the toxins....

Best Answer

that's an interesting take on it Lacsar...never thought of that...thanks!

Best Answer

I'm very, very late.. I hope you see this, though. I also hope your son is doing better now. The multiple baths and showers are a dead giveaway of extreme loneliness. :( It happens subconsciously. The brain/body searches for heat as an emotional comfort. I am a former addict, rest assured all the other answers were incorrect as he would have limited his baths knowing you'd think something was up. Maybe you won't see this but it will help the next person who comes across this page.

Best Answer