Hiddenboyinthedark Hiddenboyinthedark 13-15, M 7 Answers Nov 25, 2012 in Youth

She is trying to pretend like it's not happening. It may fade in time as she sees your serious. It may grow into acceptence but it could also develop into anger or discomfort. Tread lightly.

Best Answer

Point taken, she was upset at first but let me buy the clothes I want and it's a process

Best Answer

maybe she doesnt really support you like she says she does

Best Answer

Maybe plus I can't even mention furthering my Transtion without her flipping out

Best Answer

I don't know, two of my best friends are gay and they make jokes about their sexuality and don't mind when people poke fun. Maybe your mom thinks you're fine with it, let her know that it bothers you.

Best Answer

Thanks and I did but eh.

Best Answer

Oh, you let her know? That's just mean then, maybe she said she's accepted you but she hasn't truly accepted you so she uses humor to combat the reality of the situation. Some people would rather joke around than get upset and that sounds like what she's doing.

Best Answer

Yeah, she called me a he she dyke and I just smiled we discussed my sexuality but she needs to try and find more support and then just herself for me

Best Answer

Yeah, I'm sorry to hear that. That sounds rough. That doesn't even sound remotely humorous and just sounds hateful. Well, I know it's not much but if you need someone to talk to you can message me on here if you want. Hopefully, your mother will find the error in her ways.

Best Answer

...Because no mom want to believe their child is abnormal!

Best Answer

Well she knows, just her reactions aren't the best

Best Answer

ABNORMAL???

Best Answer

shaming language speaks more of her than you

Best Answer

Thanks and it doesn't help with me wanting to ask her about getting a binder

Best Answer

its rough while your still dependent i know. i dont want to advise you more since i was a 15yo runaway lol. I just know the tactic well

Best Answer

I see bummer :/

Best Answer

To me, if your mom supports your choice, she shouldn't make jokes about it. It is why I prefer funny stories to jokes cause I cannot find a joke that does not poke fun at someone or something for some reason or another.

Best Answer