TheBlessedOne TheBlessedOne 46-50, F 15 Answers Apr 16, 2013 in Embarrassing & Funny

Either you are using toxic "beauty" products, which most are, or you are sweating out poisons such as chemicals in your food or environment. I think.

Best Answer

I was thinking it may be poisons or chemicals. Maybe it is good to sweat it out.

Best Answer

Frustrating...can't get my post to go through. Please look up cholinergic urticaria. Apparently you can have the symptoms without visibly seeing hives. I hope you get to read this!!!

Best Answer

Thanks. I know I itch a lot.

Best Answer

Its not the sweat...its the bacteria that makes you itch.

Best Answer

Whatever it is I am itching.

Best Answer

Dont itch...it will open up your skin and you'll have a rash. Clean the area and apply an anti-allergy cream. Or baby powder to keep it sweat free. Go to your doc and get an anti-allergy pill...cetrizine helps!

Best Answer

If it happens when you're clothed, it's the fabric. If it happens when you are not clothed...well...I don't know. Perhaps your diet.

Best Answer

I could be.

Best Answer

Do you drink enough water? Maybe you are dehydrated or something? I'm not a doctor, I only know from my own experience of drinking too less, it dehydrates my body and have trouble with dry skin. Lotion could help for a bit.

Best Answer

Could me. I moved to the South and it is hot here. Up north it was dry and I never even noticed sweating.

Best Answer

If it's that hot, then definitely drink more water. Our body always needs it, and when it's hot, even more.

Best Answer

My body is not used to this southern heat for sure.

Best Answer

Rubbing alcohol works a treat

Best Answer

I might try that.

Best Answer

I was having this problem myself and I discovered that one of the most common causes was simply having dry skin. You can usually rule out water allergy, allergy to your own sweat, or an allergic reaction to most skin products if you don't have any kind of hives, welts, or redness. Those will normally be present, at least temporarily, in a true allergy.<br />
If your skin is dry and you start sweating, the salt from your sweat becomes an irritant, which then causes the itching. Keeping your skin hydrated, inside and out, will help to prevent the itch. Drink plenty of fluids, including replacing those lost electrolytes. Use a hypoallergenic lotion. When you do sweat, wipe off with a damp cloth, and make sure to change damp clothes or bedsheets so that the salt isn't sitting against your skin for long periods of time, or even worse, drying in a la<x>yer on your skin (which will make a second sweat even worse). You may want to consider unscented oils, shea butter, or a soothing colloidal oatmeal bath for severely irritated skin (and that will also work if you believe your skin is already inflamed by some form of perfumed beauty product or a harsh detergent). Also, if your area is prone to hard water, consider investing in a shower filter, because that will seriously dry out your skin. If you do like to soak in the tub, make sure the water isn't scalding hot (the hotter the water, the more it dries you out) and dissolve some baking soda in it to soften it. About 1/2 cup is plenty, but make sure it's dissolved all the way or the abrasiveness of the baking soda will work against you. And if you can find vitamin C powder, a teaspoon of that in your bath as well will neutralize the chlorine.

Best Answer

Did you get an answer yet? I have the same thing on my hair line, back and under my armpits every time i sweat. I even get itchy after showers. I had previously got a rabbit which i was allergic to so i was forced to remove it, i cleaned my room from the hair and all the allergens but i still seem to get itching outbreaks

Best Answer

I shower 2 times a day, before and after a workout. I run in the mornings and go to the gym after dinner. I eat right and I honestly have the same problem. I play basketball and what I have noticed, being inside or out it always happens. I came to conclusion it's the fabrics of my clothing. Playing basketball I wore long shorts, my thighs would only be itchy. Being at the gym I would wear yoga pants, I'd be itchy all over my legs. Some days I'd wear short shorts and only the area those were covering would be itchy. I am about to go see a doctor about it tomorrow. I'm pretty sure it's called cholinergic urticaria. Go to your doctor. What I have discovered previously is to not use lotion before runs. USE baby powder! The itch didn't make me stop working out, I feel greater than ever! I highly recommend it! Also, use a good body wash and wash with cold water after your showers! It closes your pores and prevents them from opening and making you itch! Cholinergic Urticaria sucks! It's quite common, yet doctors still don't know how to treat it properly!

Best Answer

Hi Megan, I'm Meghan! *dork dork*

Can you tell me whether you can have this condition without visibly seeing hives? I've had difficulty being diagnosed because I feel like I'm covered in hives, but there's nothing to see. Yet anytime I get out of a warmish shower I get it, and when I work up a sweat it happens, which seems to be a match. I turn on a high speed fan and basically cool the sweat or wetness off and the itchiness subsides.

Also, what do you define as a "good" body wash, please?

Best Answer

Aquagenic Pruritis produces intense "hivey" sensations with nothing to show for it. It can be crippling when it happens and bizarre that there is no visible difference in the appearance of your skin. I also get the house colder and drier when I'm having an episode. I use Cerave Skin Cleanser or Cetaphil-- it doesn't prevent the reaction, but is kinder to my extremely stressed skin than most soap products.

Best Answer

I have cholinergic urticaria and aquagenic pruritis. One of the things I've noticed is that I absolutely cannot wear polyester or nylon. It took me years to sort that out because I had so many other triggers to identify. Now I'm finding that a few fellow sufferers also have that limitation.

Best Answer

I think its an allergic reaction from something ingested that comes out of the pores. I would do a food experiment and elliminate one thing from your diet at a time and use a journal to keep track

Best Answer

cause its itchy

Best Answer

because you don't take showers ! lol jk

Best Answer

What a nasty and rude thing to so to another human being.

Best Answer

Blocked.

Best Answer

Hi,<br />
I used to have this problem a few years ago. I searched the internet for answers just like you but never found any. Doctors didn't help. Now I thought I'd help out and share what worked for me:<br />
Leave out all cereal, like wheat, barley etc.<br />
Try this for two weeks. Worked for me like a wonder and I can excercise again. It's difficult, because almost everything has cereal in it. Maybe it will not work for you. But what do you have to loose and what to gain? Think about it.

Best Answer