christinemelody christinemelody 56-60, T 6 Answers Sep 19, 2013 in Community

I'd assume nail polish has a chemical agent that bonds with the nail thus giving it a hard coat. But of course they wouldn't want the polish to stick in the bottle so it has another agent keeping it from drying together but Air naturally dries out things so the polish didn't get the chemical reaction with the nail that it needed to get a hard coating so it dried out like whiteout. <br />
Summary: Polish has a bonding agent to have a hard coating with the nail. The la<x>yers don't get the chemicals needed from the nail to become hard but air dries it out turning it into a paste.

Best Answer

Each coat must dry thoroughly before applying another coat. More than two coats should be baked on, air drying isn't hot enough.

Best Answer

how do you bake on?

Best Answer

The newer method is gel polish activated by UV. I'm not a professional, but I've always done my own, a heat lamp or hot blow dryer can do the trick. Past two layers will be prone to disaster no matter how still you sit.

Best Answer

omfg! this annoys me sooooo much! gosh I cant stand non painted nails but putting it on is annoying!

Best Answer

It takes longer time for it to dry

Best Answer

cause it gets thick

Best Answer

Science...I don't know.

Best Answer