I bought a 8lb one yesterday and it was $97 but it did turn out good and everyone liked it so I guess it was worth it
farfrominnocent farfrominnocent 31-35, M 6 Answers Jan 1 in Community

It's in high demand so the price system rations it to those who really want it.

Best Answer

Anything labeled "prime" will be more expensive. It has higher fat content through the marbling of the meat. There are only two rib roasts like that per animal and it is a desired cut of meat which also drives up the cost.

Best Answer

Because it is prime

Best Answer

When you figure that 8 lbs of meat will feed 10 to 12 people and still leave leftovers it's not that bad.

Best Answer

yeah that's true and it was new years and I got that for a special dinner

Best Answer

One thing you can do in the future to cut your costs is to make some really rocking side dishes. If you do some really awesome oven roasted potatoes, homemade apple sauce and a baked ziti or lasagna along with the prime rib then people won't mind if you serve a little smaller portion of meat.

Best Answer

i wish i thought of that all I made was mashed potatoes and carrots to go with it

Best Answer

I worked in restaurants and catering when I was younger so I know all the tricks. Next time buy a smaller prime rib and make up a baked ziti. You could also add a mixed green salad, green bean casserole and garlic bread.

Best Answer

because there is so little of that cut on a cow

Best Answer