I have no problem with tweens... But, some people just are so ignorant. Literally, this girl talks down to me. I don't say anything, because I'm awkward and shy. That, and I don't feel like having a fight with a whole group of young teenagers. I ignored the stuff she was saying so her and her friends assumed that I can't speak English. Then they made fun of me for "not being able to speak English". Way to be classy, children.
NaturallyPeculiar NaturallyPeculiar 18-21, F 8 Answers Nov 3, 2013 in Community

people are dumb

Best Answer

You likely did the right thing, never get into a stupidity contest with stupid people. You'll never win.

Best Answer

Not all tweens are like that. You just met some dumb ones. You were probably like that when you were their age too. Anyways, they are still growing up. They will get more mature sooner or later.

Best Answer

Oh, trust me I know that. That's why I said "some people". Besides, I'm sure there are some adults out there who act the same way.

Best Answer

She suck

Best Answer

Wow! I wanna meet these people, and give them a taste of their own medicine. That is all just terrible. I am so sorry. :(

Best Answer

The sad part though, is what if I did come from another country and had a hard time speaking English? Making fun of me for it just would be cruel.

Best Answer

It would, and sadly it happens all the time. It used to happen to me because I could not speak Spanish.

Best Answer

I don't know but it's a group mentality, she's only taunting you because she's trying to impress her friends.

Best Answer

I don't care if she taunts me, but assuming that I can't speak English because I don't fight back is just ignorant.

Best Answer

Oh, yeah. She doesn't know that you don't want to stoop to her level.

Best Answer