I see it this way, yes the first impression can be an important impression such as job interview, political gatherings, career fairs, court, etc. but when it comes to friendships/ romantic relationships/ family gatherings (like let's say meeting your partner's aunt and cousins 4 dinner or something) or meeting someone in a coffee house, or even @ a social gathering (meeting friends friends')... Why are people so equipped to always want to be soemthing they're not? It just seems that most people are very superficial, and until they get to know you/ or you get to know them- there's always a lot of pressure on the first meeting. Doesn't seem fair... I try to give mostly anyone the benefit of the doubt, with the exceptions as I mentioned above... Love to hear some advice or experience in this!
vincentsong vincentsong 26-30, F 6 Answers Sep 26, 2011

I am naive ! I give everyone a fair go ... I am more skeptical of people who are 'dressed to impress' - People are too interesting to write off in a moment ... I'm glad to say, I don't know people like this !

Best Answer

First impressions are always wrong! They never reveal any important information about the person. But I think it has to do with the fact that some people try so hard to not give the WRONG impression that they sacrifice their true self in the process.

Best Answer

Nice answer !

Best Answer

I wouldn't say they're always wrong, but they obviously can be. Some people are what they appear to be, many others aren't.

Best Answer

Love this- so true!

Best Answer

To be honest, if I see someone in a ski mask holding a bloody knife walking down the street towards me, I'm going with that first impression and getting the hell out of there.

Best Answer

After all its just a saying... ....be like urself anytime...its not about wat they think its about wat u r..

Best Answer

"Most" people?.........i'd say all people have superficial masks on........i wouldn't go by first impressions........if i did?!...........i wouldn't give any of you the time of day ;-)

Best Answer

I think it's natural to form a quick first impression, maybe going way back to primitive times when an incorrect first impression might mean you were dead or enslaved before you had time to form a second impression.

Best Answer

Makes sense !!!

Best Answer