Cassiopeia11 Cassiopeia11 31-35, F 5 Answers Jan 20 in Community

Either I do something terribly wrong or they are simply not my true friends.

Best Answer

people like doormats cause they can control them

Best Answer

I'm not talking walking all over but the opposite of that, standing up and not letting them run your name in the mud.

Best Answer

It's often because your friends don't have the same points as you.

Best Answer

It could possibly be your method. I have a friend who, when he's standing up for himself, is too aggressive, even though he doesn't think so. It irritates people, and pushes them away because it turns him into "a sensitive jerk".<br />
I stand up for myself, but I always be sure that I'm firm, not aggressive, and make it clear that a doormat is not the way I am from the start. <br />
It is possible you just pick bad friends too. -shrugs-

Best Answer

I only become over the top when they over step the line, just to prove the point they can't walk all over me. And making good friends has never been my strong suit, mainly because I never liked to participate in pity gossip.

Best Answer

I had that same problem XD it can be hard to identify who will be a good friend. I've always been very selective about friends, sometimes it means I'm the loner but the friendships I form are deep, with great similar interests and long lasting. I just found other people who couldn't stand the things that I couldn't. So it's worth it.

Best Answer