Sean8342 Sean8342 41-45, M 16 Answers Oct 14, 2012 in Community

The Moon does, but it has what is called a synchronous orbit, which means it's period of rotation, (spin), is the same as it's period of revolution,(time to go once around the Earth.) Result, it always keeps the same side facing us.

Best Answer

It's called Tidal Lock Orbit.

Best Answer

@andrewwarwick This was my answer. so I guess I'll just like yours and go away.

Best Answer

@mrwednesday I never knew that. Thanks. I like learning new things

Best Answer

Yep. That's the cause of the synchronicity.

Best Answer

Who knows but you can bet Pink Floyd had something to do with it.

Best Answer

the moon does spin. it jsut happens to spin at the same rate it revolves around the earth which makes it appear that it does not.

Best Answer

Look up Tidal Lock Orbit and you'll get your answer.

Best Answer

Cheep skate.

Best Answer

One theory is that the moon was formed billions of years ago from the leftovers of a giant impact event between Earth and a Mars-sized body. That the moon is slowly moving away from the Earth as a function of time and the two are locked in geosynchronous orbit (matching rotation) supports that idea.

Best Answer

The earth is wound up tighter than the moon is ... thus causing it to spin ... oh by the way I only got a 'C' in Earth Science might not want to take my word for it.

Best Answer

The moon spins it axis.

Best Answer

Because is why.

Best Answer

I thought it did? Now I want to know too!

Best Answer

the tax man only no that

Best Answer