everytime I dye my hair myself, It never comes out as the color on the box. I dye it red..it comes out brown. i dye it black...it comes out red lol. whats up with that?? I just dyed it dark violet/black. it came out auburn...
LittleMissGreenEyes LittleMissGreenEyes 22-25, F 6 Answers Jan 7, 2013 in Self Improvement

You need to ***** the color out before you dye it.

Best Answer

I mix my own now to make what I like. It sounds like you should put 1/4 black in with the color you used. The black has blue in it.

Best Answer

where do u get the stuff to mix your own??

Best Answer

You buy the dark auburn take 1/4 out and then buy the black and pour in 1/4 bottle into replace it. I mixed up my own stuff in to 14 bottles and have it ready for the next year.

Best Answer

Cuz then the salons would never make any money.

Best Answer

ha yep. its all a conspiracy. those clever little...

Best Answer

My guess is because the box can't tell what your ba<x>se color is before you dye it.

Best Answer

ya maybe. it shows u on the box 'if your hair color is this, the new color will look like this.'...but ya for $8 a box, theyre probably bullsh*ttin' you haha

Best Answer

I honestly don't think it's BS. It might just be that under store lighting, your hair looks a different color and if you yourself are trying to judge that, it can be really difficult.

Best Answer

Maybe stick to highlights if you are doing a box. Like that, slight differences in the end result won't matter so much.

Best Answer