My parents want me to settle down, have kids. But marriage is something I never want to do. The thought of marriage freaks me out. Anyone here feels the same?
Waocky Waocky 26-30, F 20 Answers Nov 9, 2012 in Marriage

If you feel you should not be married, then do not get married. However, keep an open mind and embrace the future. You never really know what the future may bring or how your feelings may change.

Best Answer

You're not the only one. Marriage isn't for everyone.

Best Answer

Sounds like a fear or dread of limitations - wait till you are ready and sure you are equals.

Best Answer

It makes you "depressed" because you're listening to what others say you should be doing. No one knows what's right for you ... even though I'm sure you're parents just want the best for you.<br />
If it doesn't feel like it's right for you ... then it isn't at this point. <br />
Just tell your parents that you appreciate their concern, but you're happy with your life as it is. Hopefully, they'll understand that they certainly would not want to pressure or rush you into doing something that you're not interested in now.

Best Answer

Yes. I feel the same....the thought of getting married isn't that exciting to me. It does freak me out, too. Maybe you're just not ready to get married....I know I'm not. I'm guessing it just works for two people who truly love each other.

Best Answer

I had the same way before but i sit down with them and tell them im not ready, and i dont want blaming them or myself if ever it will fail.. and I that I need more time for myself to prepare for that life time commitment.

Best Answer

Because I haven't proposed yet. ;)

Best Answer

with out marraige then what will you do how you live alone

Best Answer

you're just not in that mental space at the moment, I've had friends who are gung-ho about settling down, and another like you and he was once engaged.

Best Answer

Don't know about you but the thought of me getting married again makes me wanna hurl...

Best Answer

do you know anyone who is married but not depressed?

Best Answer

yup, my parents!!

Best Answer

So marry someone who doesn't want kids lol, then you can blame him

Best Answer

Its just not the kids. Kids are wonderful. I just dont like the feeling of getting married. It scares me.

Best Answer