RainbowDalia RainbowDalia 18-21, F 15 Answers Dec 7, 2013 in Community

The federal gov't took over control from the locals. It was all down hill from there.

Best Answer

But wouldn't you agree that the federal gov made education "equal"?

Best Answer

Yeah, equally bad.

Best Answer

Teachers don't have the power to decide how they teach anymore.

Best Answer

Because we're being taught bs we'll never need... EVER. Plus, this country would rather wage a war or terror instead of ignorance :/

Best Answer

Ugh, *on. See what I mean XD

Best Answer

Democrats

Best Answer

The simplest answers are often the most fun

Best Answer

and often the correct ones

Best Answer

Because of the liberals and if you do not understand that you can thank the liberals for it.

Best Answer

Yes, let's blame it on a political ideology XD Might as well blame conservatives too, oh and communists, lol.

Best Answer

That is the easy out for the liberals to take.
Just like life should be fair and equal. NOT. Nothing in life is fair or equal and you have to learn to deal with it.

Best Answer

Or change it. Besides, this has nothing to do with the fact America's educational system is shi*. Let's leave the political nonsense out of this and work together as Americans (dem, rep, lib, con, other) to fix it. Or should we learn to deal with this broken system also?

Best Answer

First, the system is not broken it is corrupt, so say it as it really is. All of the politicians are out for big business, how can I say that? For example, John Kerry married into the Heinz family. Do you think he is for the public or for the Heinz 57 Company? Yep he is all big business !
Now the politicians ones in charge now (Liberals) want the public to become as stupid as possible as that is the easiest way for them to be able to do the things they do and not get caught.

Best Answer

Corrupt, broken, the wording -- in this case-- doesn't matter. There are many examples of, left wing or right wing, politicians doing exactly what you mentioned. Big business does run politics, but again what does this have to do with education? Politicians aren't working in people's best interest, but what have the people done to reverse this? And this has been going on since people began governing themselves. *Shrugs* It's the same with education; we complain, yet we don't try to solve the problem. Seriously, so this all began in January 2009, when President Obama took over? Our education system has been failing since the 70s and 80s. No one party is responsible for this mess. Gosh, I refuse to be a sheep and be led by conspiracy theories of becoming dumber. I can and do think for myself. *Eyeroll* Liberals are not in charge. Conservatives have the HOR, so they're as equally responsible and in control as the Liberals are. C'mon, look past labels and start seeing individuals :/

Best Answer

That reminds me of what I was thinking, making education for everyone made it a lot less advanced than it should be. I might sound mean but a lot of students do not get the material at the same pace and some students don't care about it so it makes other students who want to advance, not advance.

Best Answer

There is now a law that states no student can be held back more than 2 years.
I have a severely handicapped member of the family, who has a high school diploma and she cannot eat. She cannot speak, She cannot move on her own. She is wheel chair or bed bound, and will never ever be anything but that. YET she has a diploma because she went to the school and was essentially babysat in the mental health class.

Best Answer

Wow, thank you for sharing that.

Best Answer

Hey, I totally agree. Some kids just aren't cut out for learning what "normal" school have to offer. I don't think kids should be push to go to one school, but to others. Split up between those who wanna learn general education then head to college, and those who wanna head to trade school and then a trade :3 Something like that would work wonders.

Best Answer

Don't forget scientology

Best Answer

Because the system is designed to teach the masses. To ignore the anomalies,the sparks of genius, and the struggling. If your teaching focuses on the average only then over time average is all you get.

Best Answer

Very well put

Best Answer

It's been changed so much and (according to my History teacher) has been influenced by the whoosification of America.

Best Answer

Most people forget that government subsidized student loans are what caused the explosion of tuition prices

Best Answer

I was talking about elementary to high schools. But yes, that too.

Best Answer

What does your teacher mean by that?

Best Answer

Well, my history teacher is a football coach at my school, so his analogy was with competition. In my school district, after a game, the players usually line up and high five each other and congratulate them on a good game. But in many others, they aren't allowed to touch one another at all (outside of the game). Another example is a principal in Portland Oregon had tried banning white bread because it was "racist" and a parent tried suing a school because her son's team was beat at football and said it was "bullying". Many serious terms are thrown about quite recklessly nowadays in America, and it causes us to almost weaken as a society and a people in many people's eyes. I've seen it as well. Some people report someone for bullying when they joke around with them once and never do it again. But it's not truly bullying.

Best Answer

I think you spelled it wrong

Best Answer

It sucks because it's ran/operated by the government.

Best Answer

Teachers have the lowest avg SAT score of any college degree. Its true Google it.

Best Answer

I used to have a teacher who always said that he only teaches because it's easy money and he can careless about us learning. More than half of his class failed too. I switched out of his class but my brother had him the war after and he said a lot of kids were failing.

Best Answer

in what areas. .. the breadth of information covered? ... the political correctness? ... or that there is not much point to it as there are not enough jobs for the qualifications you might get? ... which reminds me of a joke. ... How do you get the philosophy major off your porch? ..... pay for the pizza!

Best Answer

I don't know anymore. It just makes me hopeless the more I think about it.
Your joke was mean but funny haha

Best Answer

Sometimes humor and laughing at ourselves is the only answer. ...I do know what you mean though and sympathize. ..I have a somewhat longer perspective than you on these things and is probably worse than you know. .. Sorry to bring you down

Best Answer

It's okay, your joke helped a lot. Thank you(:

Best Answer

Don't be sad hun. .. in life there are things you can affect and others you can't. .. don't let them bring you down. . or in Latin non illegitimi carborundum.... don't let the bastards grind you down ;)

Best Answer

Too many Americans

Best Answer

Depends on who you ask. My question is why were people better educated 100 years ago before computers and all this other BS?

Best Answer

I'm not sure, I wasn't alive 100 years ago haha, but I feel like computers and the Internet compensates for the lack of successful education.

Best Answer

Yes, you're right. I tell you, if you read a book written 100 years ago and compare it to one written in 2013 you see a difference in the level of the ideas and the language.

Best Answer

That's true, I love reading very old books because of that same reason. It's interesting. Even fiction writers nowadays write so...pathetic, I am sorry if it offends you.

Best Answer

That doesn't offend me. I agree. I'd rather read Dickens or George Eliot than any of today's authors.

Best Answer

Yeah, it got me very upset when I heard that the modern fiction book "Hunger Games" was part of my English curriculum in my school district. It got me very upset, even though I like the book, it is nothing compared to other classical writers.
I just realized I digressed.

Best Answer

A digression, but a cogent one. I agree that books like "Hunger Games" don't belong in a curriculum over the classics. Students will read those books anyway.

Best Answer

I have no idea :/

Best Answer

well not everybody has the brain for it

Best Answer