Do clothes define who we are? Why cant everyone just simply wear whatever they want? Why can't clothes be labeled by genre just like food, music, movies etc?
phoebe55 phoebe55 46-50, F 8 Answers Oct 26, 2012 in Hobbies

Well, women can pretty much wear anything they want...I can't think of anything a Woman could appear in that was considered "men's" that a woman would be ostracized or ridiculed for. On the other hand, I wore a Kilt Saturday most of the day, and I'm pretty sure I wouldn't enjoy wearing a skirt on a long term basis...we ain't built right. This doesn't really answer the question I guess.

Best Answer

They can, but it won't stop others from judging.

Best Answer

Honestly as long as you are clothed and dressed for the weather I really don't care what you wear...Ok no swim suits to the opera...so with in reason I am not going to care what you have on.

Best Answer

I live in a small town. very conformist (gossip rules) and we had a young lady 6 foot 9 and dressed to the nines. She had a body builders arms and an adams apple you could use in a cricket game. And the only thing that was said about her/him behind his back. Was that if he was to go to all that trouble why did he not shave his legs.

Best Answer

there is a difference because I need to know if I should be courteous to you

Best Answer

Your choice to be courteous or not shouldn't depend on anyone else but yourself. If I treat you rudely, then I wouldn't expect you to treat me kindly.

Best Answer

I meant as far as letting you go thru the door first or giving you a boost up on the bus things I wouldn't do for a man .

Best Answer

Why not, I hold the door quite often for men or women, and I'm a woman. But I do know what you mean. I'm just curious why everything seems so separated. Just because I'm a woman, I can't expect a man to treat me any more courteous, than I am willing give. Earlier I saw another post about abuse. Men shouldn't hit a woman. Whatever happened to no one should hit any one?

Best Answer