Do clothes define who we are? Why cant everyone just simply wear whatever they want? Why can't clothes be labeled by genre just like food, music, movies etc?
phoebe55 phoebe55 46-50, F 10 Answers Oct 26, 2012 in Hobbies

Well, women can pretty much wear anything they want...I can't think of anything a Woman could appear in that was considered "men's" that a woman would be ostracized or ridiculed for. On the other hand, I wore a Kilt Saturday most of the day, and I'm pretty sure I wouldn't enjoy wearing a skirt on a long term basis...we ain't built right. This doesn't really answer the question I guess.

Best Answer

They can, but it won't stop others from judging.

Best Answer

Honestly as long as you are clothed and dressed for the weather I really don't care what you wear...Ok no swim suits to the opera...so with in reason I am not going to care what you have on.

Best Answer

I live in a small town. very conformist (gossip rules) and we had a young lady 6 foot 9 and dressed to the nines. She had a body builders arms and an adams apple you could use in a cricket game. And the only thing that was said about her/him behind his back. Was that if he was to go to all that trouble why did he not shave his legs.

Best Answer

there is a difference because I need to know if I should be courteous to you

Best Answer

Your choice to be courteous or not shouldn't depend on anyone else but yourself. If I treat you rudely, then I wouldn't expect you to treat me kindly.

Best Answer

I meant as far as letting you go thru the door first or giving you a boost up on the bus things I wouldn't do for a man .

Best Answer

Why not, I hold the door quite often for men or women, and I'm a woman. But I do know what you mean. I'm just curious why everything seems so separated. Just because I'm a woman, I can't expect a man to treat me any more courteous, than I am willing give. Earlier I saw another post about abuse. Men shouldn't hit a woman. Whatever happened to no one should hit any one?

Best Answer

It's the evolution of society. High heel shoes as an example didn't come from women wearing them. It was high society rich men. Then it was adopted later on and women starting wearing high heels. Skirts as an example, men wore them and later adopted by women. <br />
If you go to countries where modern times hasn't touched that part of world, you see men in Yemen and other countries wear skirts. Like pattern garments wrapped around their waiste and down their legs. It's prestige in such countries.<br />
But what happened in west, is the age of new philosophy. Some people, trying to come up with new thinking and starts telling people what to wear, what not and so on. <br />
So this later was later shaped in mind and society and later pushed by government, and media, and movies. Now, if you wear certain thing, look in a certain way you're judged. Sad fact but that's how it is.

Best Answer