I was sexually abused and raped by my dad, cousin and uncle. I told , but my mom only told me to tell on my dad. She only believes that my dad did it. She even told me away from my therapist and I have no one to talk to. I have trust problems because all this. I just want this pain to stop.
Beara Beara 16-17, F 8 Answers Nov 8, 2012 in Abuse

This pain will never completely go away. But it can become more tolerable by shifting the experience into an opportunity for healing for everyone involved. By reporting the abuse to the proper authorities, the people who committed these horrible acts against you will be required to get professional help in addressing their actions and in that, what happened to them that caused them to become the abuser. Every abuser was once a victim. It's a cycle. That when properly addressed ends the cycle.

Also, you may find at some point later in life, that you might want to become active as a support person for the abused or better yet, an educator working with people that could be at risk of committing such acts, before it ever happens. To inform them, first hand exactly how it affects a persons life and possibly be a big part of the movement that puts an end to this devastating behavior that is unfortunately common place through out the world.

Your pain may never go away, but sometimes pain is more tolerable when we find ways to keep the pain from ever becoming a part of another beautiful humans life.

The darkness of abuse will always be dark, but darkness dims when exposed to the light.

I too share your pain first hand, and speak to you from a place of knowing.

My heart goes out to you, may you find that you are still brave and pure regardless of others infliction of their own torture.

Best Answer

Thanks so much

Best Answer

You bet!

Best Answer

When your 18 you have to leave home and go see a therapist again. Then tell them whatever you want. You need help to get over it.

But as horrible as this is i think the pains going to be around for a while yet possibly forever. I was abused too (no where near as badly) and sometimes the recollection is enough to send me into fits of furniture assaulting rage even now.

I can't imagine coping with how much worse it had to have been for you or how much stronger the emotion is now.

Best Answer

Yeah.

Best Answer

come on !!!! you r not a toy now u can do anything u want !!! just keep one thing in your mind its just you nothing else !!!

Best Answer

okay...

Best Answer

Traumatic events ALWAYS stick with a person for a VERY long time

Best Answer

yeah. And it happened for 10 years so its going to be a long time..

Best Answer

Im sorry for that hun ...jus take it ONE day at a TIME *hugz* :)

Best Answer

okay thanks

Best Answer

Anytime

Best Answer

Its going to take time but once you realize that you have so many life experiences ahead of you, you will learn to let go of the past...as long as you take on day at a time the healing process will make you a stronger person :)

Best Answer

Yeah...

Best Answer

Cause you keep on holding onto things that you should let go.

Best Answer

Like what?

Best Answer

You tell me!

Best Answer

Its harder than you think. it happened for 10 years..

Best Answer

Need the whole story.

Best Answer

Has it on the details and my stories.

Best Answer

Did u actually READ her DETAILS ?...what MORE do U need ?..o.O

Best Answer

Right!

Best Answer

Not having to understand or experience it myself, I cannot relate in the slightest. But as a EP responder, I must say that you must stay strong and never blame yourself. You still have a bright future and focus on that.

Best Answer

And it wasn't in the details BEFORE!

Best Answer

U mean when U answered ?

Best Answer

Yes

Best Answer

CERTAIN thingz u dont HAVE to experience to understand

Best Answer

So, you're telling me you can honestly understand how she feels or understand what's going through her mind!??!? That's bull.

Best Answer

With a SIMPLE senerio like that , it doesnt take a GENIOUS ...unfortunately , its the kinda thing that happenz EVERYDAY , all OVER the world

Best Answer

I have no idea where you get the idea that it's "SIMPLE". Yes, this kind of thing happens all over the world, but it's not "SIMPLE". Every situation is different and to be able to understand it is not going to be "SIMPLE". You can read all about it but does not mean you're an expert about it. To say it's "SIMPLE", you're insulting victims out there!

Best Answer