Because there is still very much a blame the victim mentality.

Best Answer

It is reported... I have supported several people making such reports. Does it not happen where you live? Micky:))

Best Answer

Statistics (from the US but it is the same in other countries, some worse, some not as bad) has shown that up to 60% of sexual assaults are never reported to the police - and 97% of rapists will never spend a day in jail.

Best Answer

Oh... but the question indicates that it never happens. Exaggeration does nothing to further the truth. Micky:))

Best Answer

Because some people are afraid that it will change too many things, that they'll get looked down upon instead of being helped.. and that sometimes happens although it shouldn't :(

Best Answer

I didn't report my sexual abuse because of the shame it brought me, feeling dirty and disgusting, feeling that somehow I deserved it; knowing if I came forward, I would be exploited once again by a system that makes the victims look like instigators. No abuse should be hidden away, or ignored, but the fact is, you don't even hear even half of the abuses that occur every day in this country. People keep quiet out of fear, safety concerns, or because they don't want to be further humiliated. Sexual abuse is a very personal private violation; it's not something I can still fully come to terms to. I want someone to answer to who failed me and why.

Best Answer

1. Most of the reports are fiction. 2. Few of the small percentage of factual reports actually have hurt anyone as much as the the current penalties and hate that is being asked to heap on the alleged abuser. 3. Two wrongs don't make a right.

Best Answer

This is a bit to serious for this site. That is if you wish to be taken seriously.

Best Answer

There's a small time fr<x>ame where science can help a victim prove themselves in an assault situation, after that the only evidence a person has is word. That alone really isn't enough. Innocent people can go down, while guilty people may too.

Best Answer

I'm not a girl but I would imagine it's easier to bury it than to have to keep reliving it during a trial.

Best Answer

Because its mainly spousal abuse and it's too personal for them.

Best Answer

I think that we're probably embarrassed that we allowed it to happen in the first place.

Best Answer