sherry123456789 sherry123456789 46-50, F 80 Answers Jun 22, 2010

There is no god.<br />
It's time people stop trying to cast all responsibility into the lap of this shadowy supreme being.<br />
'why does god let this happen...' 'why doens't go do this, or that'..<br />
Why do you think? Use your common sense!<br />
There is no god. There is no devil. There is no hell. There is no heaven. There is no sin.<br />
There is only our own conscience. Our own sense of responsibility, our own compassion, and our own common sense.<br />
Wake up!

Best Answer

With those beliefs...there is no faith, there is no hope...
How sad for you.

Best Answer

No hope?! Why would you say that? I don't live my life hoping for redemption and / or reward in an afterlife. I live life now. And I enjoy it. A great deal.
I don't feel hopeless.
I feel responsible for myself and my daughter. There's only one person with the power to make my days worth anything, and that person's ME.

Best Answer

Yes you have a point- we need to teach children to stay as far away from evil as possible and we need to protect them. God or no God society needs to do a much better job protecting children and acknowledging evil in every phase of life and teaching explicit ways to fight against it. By evil, I mean anything out to destroy lives or society.

Best Answer

If you are the one representing Christianity on this site why are you responding to people in such bitterness? It simply doesn't make sense to me.

Best Answer

If there is no God, then all has come into being as a random act of chaos. Yet, the universe somehow works on a mathematical bases with mathematical, ordered principles. Hmm. That shows evidence of the opposite of chaos &amp; chance.
Mere ongoing chaos &amp; chance would indicate dissolution of those things conducive to higher life. How would amoebas evolve into humans by a chance spark of lightning making living protoplasm to cells to fish to apes to humans? What about the specifics of humans being a two-gender species? If a creature evolved into male or female, what are the chances in chaos...that the opposite gender would evolve at the same exact time &amp; place on earth....so that they could continue the species, males &amp; females reproducing?
What blind faith that would require -- more so than faith in a God who can cloak himself (like humans are producing tech for), or a God who can put a man (Adam) to sleep temporarilly, do surgery &amp; genetic manipulation (as people now can do) to form a woman (Eve), fly (as people produced technology for), and has a universe full of precision accomplishments that would not work without math &amp; order.
Finally, if people are only have random molecular processes, that would mean our thoughts are random, chaotic &amp; untrustworthy to a fearful extent that I could not rely on anyone at all. lol.

Best Answer

Imagine is our biology &amp; thoughts were all random &amp; chaos! Terrifying as to what we'd be like! We could not concentrate on anything due to all the abstract mental thoughts &amp; images. Mankind could not function as a society at all.

Best Answer

I was badly abused growing up and became a christian 4years ago. Humans are given free will. Some humans are messed up.. Its thats simple. I know for a fact that God didn't want me (or any other person) to be abused in any way. I rest in the knowledge that Jesus will judge everyone for their actions.

Best Answer

Yet, allow you to be victimized by your abuser for years. Would you stand by and watch a child that you claim to love be abused for years? How much free will did you have as a child to escape your abuse??

Best Answer

Exactly where I'm at.

Best Answer

God doesn't tolerate child abuse. We do.

Best Answer

Where is your evidence that God doesn't tolerate child abuse. I think he absolutely does tolerate it. There is no indication to the opposite.

Best Answer

Where is your evidence that He does tolerate it? Like so many people who profess to know God, you obviously haven't read scripture. Ephesians 6:4 instructs us, "Fathers, do not exasperate your children; instead, bring them up in the training and instruction of the Lord.:
Likewise, Colossians 3:21 says, "Fathers, do not embitter your children, or they will become discouraged." If you can think of anything anymore exasperating to do a child that would embitter him than child abuse, then you indeed have keen insight.

Best Answer

The evidence that he does tolerate it? Simply because it exists is evidence enough. He didn't tolerate Sodom and what happened to it? Blown off the face of the earth. So, it's been made clear if He doesn't tolerate something He has no problem acting on it. And the quoted scripture is all well and fine but it doesn't state that if they do not follow the commands they will have hell to pay, does it? I do happen to read scripture which I then also question.... which is my right. And when did I ever profess to know God? Besides, even if I do "know God" that would not preclude me from questioning his actions or in the case of child abuse, His inaction.

Best Answer

Let's look first to morality. Is it moral to commit child abuse? It is acceptable? Most people would say no, and in fact, no God-fearing person would condone child abuse. So, look to scripture again for God's permitting of child abuse. Turn to Revelation 21:8, which says, "But as for the cowardly, the faithless, the detestable, as for murderers, the sexually immoral, sorcerers, idolaters, and all liars, their portion will be in the lake that burns with fire and sulfur, which is the second death."
If God were to put to immediate death any one who committed child abuse, then such an action would go against His very nature, for all humans were born with free will. Woe to those use it incorrectly or abuse it. Look, then, to the Gospel of Luke, which in Chapter 18, reads, "People were also bringing babies to Jesus to have him touch them. When the disciples saw this, they rebuked them. But Jesus called the children to him and said, "Let the little children come to me, and do not hinder them, for the kingdom of God belongs to such as these." People like you need to stop using God as a scapegoat for the evil that exists in man. It was God who created people in His image and likeness. It's man that chooses to turn away from His Word.

Best Answer

In the words of my boyfriend, "Free will is a ***** sometimes." God gave us freedom. If he interfered every time someone did something stupid -- which is most of the time -- we wouldn't have free will. Here's a list of some of the things he would need to stop, according to various religions which consider the following actions sinful:<br />
-- Drinking alcohol<br />
-- Taking any kind of drug, including caffeine<br />
-- Dancing<br />
-- ************<br />
-- Eating pork, shellfish, insects, wild game<br />
-- Using profanity<br />
You see? We'd have no free will if God intervened every time someone sinned. The problem is we want to have our cake and eat it too -- we want to do things like get drunk and eat bacon cheeseburgers without God saying no, but when we use our free will to hurt others THEN we expect him to do something about it. It just doesn't work that way.

Best Answer

hmm. No. The free will thing is all well and fine if we are talking about adults who have free will over their lives. This doesn't apply with children. They are in a position of vunerability to being subject to the "free will" of an adult to harm them. Therefore, in my opinion God should intervene to save the child who has no other avenue of escape from the "free will" abuse of the adult. When God doesn't bother, there really is no good explanation for it...... call it negelect. Because, you as a human, if you stood by and allowed your child to be harmed, YOU would be held accountable for it. As far as I'm concerned there is no difference with God..... he should also be held accountable, esp since he claims to love us sooooo much! What is His excuse?

Best Answer

Perhaps a better question is what is YOUR excuse? If you feel so passionately about this, get off the computer and start rescuing children from abusive situations. People do it all the time. Perhaps if more people were less selfish, we'd stop relying on God to solve the problems we create in the first place. Having God in our lives is not an excuse to be lazy.

Best Answer

What a very good reply you gave. 67 people replied to this question, only one responded to your reply and it showed hatred not love which invalidates what they say. I believe you do care about children and would rescue them within your capacity. Me too. The thing is, as you say God does have that capacity, he sees every tiny detail and does nothing. What I am trusting is that he allows it so that there is absolutely no question of the person's guilt but one day he will make it up to those little kids by giving them eternal life. It is the only hope I have. For all the people who were utterly robbed of this life, the Bible says God is creating mansions for them in heaven. It sounds like a fairy tale but I hope it's true, because I do not want to believe that evil is the greatest power that exists. If in fact it is, society has a lot of work to do in defining what good is, precisely identifying who good people are( since not all people who suffer are good) and then banding those good people together to take true action together, to gain power to fight against evil. If that's in fact the path society needs to take, we haven't even begun to defeat evil yet and I wonder if it will ever actually happen.

Best Answer

There is no god. Simple as that.<br />
When someone wins a grammy, he or she thanks god. When anything good happens to someone, god gets the credit. When a child is abused, people blame god and ask "where was he when I needed him?" People are so brainwashed by religion and dependent on an entity that isn't proven to exist. Rid yourself of blind faith and use your mind to think for yourself. I was abused my entire childhood. I prayed and prayed for help because I didn't know what else to do. I finally realized that no one is there to help me except myself.<br />
"The hands that help are far better than the lips that pray"<br />
Robert Ingersoll

Best Answer

I share your experience word for word for word. I realized the abuse finally stopped because I stopped it. Somehow I kept my faith in God though and I've seen him work miracles in my daughter and husbands life and I do not say those things lightly and they were a result of prayer. I am currently waiting for another miracle. I believe when we start taking steps in a right direction God meets us to sustain that direction. But I've never seen God rescue people from abuse- its a mystery to me why we have to be the ones to get our selves out. Just think about it God didn't even rescue his own son from the cross. I often wonder what would have happened if God took steps to rescue himself? I modeled that- as a child I didn't rescue myself because I noticed that God didn't rescue himself. It's puzzling. I am filled with both belief and unbelief. To me it's all still like an unsolved science problem. Who knows what is true and what isn't. I just wish we could work at finding the answers like we do in science.

Best Answer

He doesnt intervene because he doesnt exist. 'HE' is an ancient urban myth just like Santa

Best Answer

I was an abused child. By the time I was 12, I had read the bible from front to back, and had decided that god did not exist because if he did he wouldn't allow a little kid like me to suffer. That was the thinking of childhood. Now I know that the real self that we are is not dependent on a physical body or reality. We are all fully souls when we are born into tiny bodies to experience things in life. I believe in karma and so what goes around comes around. If in another life I abused children, I would likely choose this lifetime to experience abuse so that I could see "both" sides and make better spiritual choices in future. Some of my best personal qualities developed as a result of the abuse (l have learned a lot about forgiveness) and from where I stand now, I would not go back and change a thing.

Best Answer

You probably aren't a Christian. They don't go the reincarnation route. And what if you never abused a child during any of your "lives." How would you rationalize it then?

Best Answer

God allows free will and there are evil people.<br />
What comes around goes around.

Best Answer

There is no god.

Best Answer

I believe that God is perfectly able to communicate with you, whenever he chooses. Perhaps if you ask Him, He will give you the answer.

Best Answer

I think that's probably been tried.

Best Answer

God is God. Not a person with feelings, he does not keep a big blackbook with a record of every ones sins, or any of the other nonsense that religions have been duped into believing. When God created the universe he created natural things and the law of nature is Gods law. God created energy to go where it may and we have to live with it; whatever it is. We are also energy, we create our own circumstances as did God. It is us that decides what is abuse and what is not and until we learn to accept what happens and how to handle it we will have to put up with abuse. Don't blame God; it is us that judges what is abuse and what is not. May God help you change your mind! then abuse can disappear. May you find happiness. With Love we will overcome.

Best Answer

Oh, but Jesus said: It would be better to tie a millstone around your neck and be thrown into a river than to abuse a child. (Paraphrasing). So, apparently God does consider harming a child abuse and has defined that consequences of such aint pretty apparently.

Best Answer

I've no way to respond to this, without potentially crossing the offensive line of Christianity's comfortable collective order.<br />
But, as I see it, God is a neutral force. He is not all loving and benevolent, in the bible he killed more people than the Devil. Proproganda tries to make out that he is, because history was written by the winners. For those up on Shakesphere's works, or even English monarchies, Henry VII was hardly going to say that Richard III was a wonderful man, for example. Winners aren't going to big up the rivals that they beat, they make them out (rather) to be the 'bad guys', while making themselves look good.<br />
The stance that it's a black and white morality, is extremely too simplistic for me to accept.<br />
God is a dictator to me. I could go the whole way and draw parallels to him not being that much different to Hitler and Stalin, a facist dictator, that used his wrath on those that challenged his authority, demanding obedience.<br />
However, I wouldn't say he was evil, becuse there's no real evidence to support that. I see it as God is for himself, a neutral force, a "daddy knows best" form of dictatorship.<br />
There are so many horrible disorders and diseases out there, that pretty much rebel me from putting such blind extreme faith in the invisible man, as the all loving way he's preached. If a child is abused, nay SEVERAL CHILDREN A DAY, would it benefit God to help them? <br />
Presuming my assumpition is correct, and God is a neutral force, an insignificant child being abused is not big on his scale, however a religious crime that would affect obedience to him, or something that would strengthen an enemy of his, THAT is something God would act on.

Best Answer

Unfortunately, I have come to see things pretty much the way you do. If it's an offense to him personally there will be blood..... not so much if it one of us who falls on the sword. Sad but most likely true.

Best Answer

It doesn't make sense to me why a parent would let that happen to their children let alone be the direct cause of abuse.

Best Answer

Why would you assume a parent would allow their child to be abused?

Best Answer

..But it happens. Every day. Every where.

Best Answer

If we ba<x>se our "belief" in the existence of God merely on what we experience of God -- or don't experience -- it that not the very same thing as what many berate Christians for doing? If, therefore, their faith is regarded as invalid due to it being experiential, the truth & equity of thought would ALSO invalidate the reciprocal reasonings of unbelievers who use their experience &/or lack of it to argue the non-existence of God. There has to be truth that is sound, regardless of what side you argue for, right?<br />
As for the idea about God NOT taking some action at times, I would have to admit there IS Biblical precedent for that, such as in the years / incidents of Joseph being sold into slavery...before becoming a leader in ancient Egypt, David's many years of trials & fleeing from Saul before becoming king, Moses' fleeing Egypt & absent about 40 years before being approached by God in the burning bush, Job's many troubles, tears, etc. before his restoration, etc. -- There is a book series by Dave Pelzer starting with A CHILD CALLED IT. That man went through horrendous abuse...and later became quite successful, was recognized by one or more U.S. Presidents, etc....and contributed much in work against child abuse. <br />
As for whether "God" exists or does anything at all,...I do know of quite a few real answers to prayer by various people. I personally know of someone who experienced a divine healing in their family and there was medical test documentation that proved it. Also, another situation of supernatural protection by very unusual "coincidents" / indicents. I have also heard from a reliable source about a man who died & came back to life in a church meeting where the people, despite the dead man turning blue-lipped with no pulse, etc., (verified by an EMT & nurse there),...came back to life. They took him to be checked out & nothing wrong. It was said he had sudden cardiac arrest & people almost never come back from that,...but he apparently did,...somehow.<br />
Still, although I do believe & can't think it wise to disbelieve with all I've seen & known,...I have questions and wonder why some things happen. It bothers me at times. I found years ago that one cannot deny the truth, and I love truth. SOMETIMES,...the truth is beyond our comprehension. Too often people see a little reality &, unable to comprehend,...decide to only chose what part they want or can deal with, blocking out other truth. This I think is how many people get messed up in religious teaching. They choose the truth they want & throw out the rest. I personally thing that if something is true & not understood,...don't toss it out yet. The meaning or understanding will often come in later. Wait for it. Be honest with yourself, too. After all, since God is considered to be all-knowing, lying to won't do any good, AND a real God would have to orchestrate good for a huge # of people moment by moment, right? - A big task also...& time.

Best Answer

This is a brilliant answer. Not an intellectual defense that couldn't be argued for or against, not just a point of view, but a brilliant solid answer. Thank you for taking the time to share not only your thoughts but your experiences and compiling them altogether- its obvious you have your head on your shoulders and that Christianity is something you observe and live as a real force in our society. You show real hope - thank you for sharing the hope you have witnessed. I feel so glad to have crossed paths with another true Christian.

Best Answer

Thanks, I'm glad if it was helpful to someone.
I have seen enough to know God has to be real. I've experienced both divine &amp; demonic activity in life...after making up my mind to really try to live right by God.

Best Answer

I can't say I don't mess up. I do, but I get up &amp; keep trying. I know of someone who has prayed about weather &amp; other things with dramatic success - storms splitting to avoid someone living in a tent, etc.

Best Answer

God does through people...its the people who do not act upon his wishes of intervention. Most people are too scared to act and speak up. Or just too damn self centered worried about themselves instead of the CHILDREN!

Best Answer

Then if that's the case, just stand there and let the innocent be abused because no imperfect human will help. That's not good enough. That would then make God dependent on people to act out His wishes . If He is all powerful, He doesn't require us to do something He would have no problem doing Himself.

Best Answer

I have always believed that God always does things for a reason. In the instance of child abuse I guess the abused victim "eventually " becomes stronger and give aid to those who are weaker...just a thought...lifeasalady

Best Answer

Sorry. A lot of (male)victims grow up to become abusers themselves. Anyone can tell you it's a vicious circle.

Best Answer

Question is...Why do some parents know that their kid is getting abused and they don't do s*it about it or worse yet, they're the ones abusing them?

Best Answer

god is not real

Best Answer

Possibly because he doesn't exist. Possibly because he is not what you think. Possibly because Satan is interfering. Possibly because he can't. Possibly because it is all part of his plan.....

Best Answer

Why doesn't God intervene?..Yes He could easily intervene..but it is the way of life..it is Sin..life is part of sin..the good and bad..I always hear this.. why would He allow such a thing?He does not allow it.We are the ones that allow it...it is the sin in the world..and will always will be sin..no that child does not seem to have a choice,seems awful to think how can it be allowed..but that person will suffer for the things they have done in life..Remember God says when you do a person wrong that will come back to you..how many times??..If that person does not come to Christ and repents of their sins they will also suffer all eternity in a Lake of Fire..Life is hard but we are given a choice..seems cruel sometime..but it is free will...I pray everyday that God will protect those that are being persecuted for their beliefs,abused in any way,suffering in any pain....but know when we leave this life and if you have accepted Christ as your Lord ..there will be no more pain,no more suffering,anquish or despair..More beautiful then you can ever imagine...What a glorious day that will be..We are not perfect,no one is. have all

Best Answer