I'm currently homeschooling, and I haven't been to school since I was 7. I'm a very good student, and nice girl. Whenever I tell her I want to go to school, she says "Sorry, you don't have a choice!" She gave both of my older brothers a choice! Why not me?
lovaticforever13 lovaticforever13 13-15, F 9 Answers Dec 3, 2012 in Health

Maybe she knows homeschooling will be better for you. I homeschooled my daughter too for her last 8 years of school. I didn't shelter her but I knew the school she would have to attend was a very bad environment and I didn't want her to have to fight the same fight I had in that same school. I was too poor to move or put her in private (we're not Christian and I don't want her in a Christian school anyway). She saw enough reality; I wanted to focus on education instead of all the garbage they waste time on in the public schools. She was unschooled; learned on her own everything she needed and excelled in languages and social science. She is just fine at age 23 and in college now. Maybe you should trust her to make the right decisions for you until you're older? Sometimes it IS hard to trust your parents, especially when it goes against something you really want.

Best Answer

School is to allow your child to learn to interact with other people in a working environment. Your mother does not want you to learn the skills of working with others in a working environment right now.

Best Answer

Have you asked her?

Best Answer

Yes, she just said "Sorry, it's not your choice!"

Best Answer

Where's your dad in all this?

Best Answer

He's at work all day, then when he gets home he's either on the computer, iPhone, or TV with our dog in his lap half asleep. He doesn't really care

Best Answer

she's protecting you from the 'hidden curriculum' .. One day you'll thank her! :-)

Best Answer

with internet availability to kids, not much remains hidden

Best Answer

babz.. people use the net with eyes wide shut.

Best Answer

maybe she wants to shelter you from sex and drugs?

is she making you learn religion, too?

Best Answer

I'm Catholic

Best Answer

just generalizing here, but i can think of three reasons why people often do it
--she's being protective because she thinks public schools are full of bad influences
--she thinks she can do a better job than the school
--she wants more control over what get taught

Best Answer

wanting a purpose

Best Answer

She loves you!

Best Answer

You corrupt everyone in it? =)

Best Answer

Because your mom wants to shelter you from reality, and when it's time for you to face the actual world like going to college - you will be so lost.

It's sad really.

Best Answer