darkice123 darkice123 36-40, M 28 Answers Apr 28, 2012

What man honestly cares what a woman’s job is? As long as she loves him, is pleasant to be around, and is supportive most guys would’ve been okay with their wives or girlfriends working. Really.

Best Answer

Who doesn’t? It’s not as simple as not liking those qualities, it’s the other things. Let licensed clinical psychologist and marriage and family therapist Randy Gilchrist, Psy.D. explain who has noticed a trend in his “therapy office that goes like this” - “A woman, between 25 and 40, comes in for help. She has done well in college and has a successful career…she seems to have everything going for her except one thing: She would like to have a man in her life—but she keeps running out of luck when it comes to meaningful and exciting relationships.”<br />
“Either no one is asking her out, or she does the asking and pursuing, but has little success…The women I see show signs of confusion, frustration, and even depression. They ask, “How could a woman be successful in every way today except with men? Are men just insecure and intimidated today by a successful woman—especially if she earns more money…?”<br />
“In today’s post-feminist world, there isn’t anywhere for a woman to go to learn about men’s wants, needs, and feelings. What she gets from TV and movies doesn’t work in the real world, and what she learned growing up is often out-dated. As a consequence, many women have become focused on defining and demanding that their needs be met. So they sometimes do not know how to switch focus in order to understand the emotional needs of the men in their lives.”<br />
“I believe that this helps to explain the most common complaint I hear from men. It involves the attitudes some women exude. The story I hear goes something like this: “She has this attitude that `I make my own money, and I look good and act sexy, so that’s basically the end of my job in the relationship. Now, it’s your job to cater to my many wants, feelings, and needs with patience, giving, supportive listening, and romance.’”<br />
“Granted, it’s only a small minority of women who have this one-directional entitlement approach. But it only takes a few experiences with it for a young man to adopt relationship expectations that are limited to sex and “whatever.” Another complaint I hear from men today is they simply want a woman to be happy and in a good mood most of the time. But they say that is tough to find… all it really takes is a smile, a thank you, and the showing of appreciation and admiration of the efforts he puts into the relationship. The secret here is that this makes a guy feel like a hero, that he has actually accomplished something. It’s not that he’s simple-minded, but that’s the way his reward system works."<br />
* Randy Gilchrist, Psy.D. “I’m Successful – So Where’s My Man?” When All Else Fails…Blame Billy. 23. Dec, 2010. Online at - http://blamebilly.com/2010/12/im-successful-so-wheres-my-man/

Best Answer

You got a degree so what? Do you expect the Mr White Knight to come and swoop you in? Women have done this to men since forever, so shouldn’t be shocked or surprised when men react like women did.

Best Answer

This is why sites like OKCupid are FILLED with highly educated single women in their mid to late 30′s. We were put on a checklist last… now they find that the only person that was “last” was them.

Best Answer

Competition in traditional male dominated areas is the straight answer.

Best Answer

There are a few confident men out there.

Best Answer

Some do.

Best Answer

Real men do like those things in women.

Best Answer

wtf. i'l take a sugar mumma... anyday

Best Answer

If they are not intimidating about it, its fine. I mean I would not want a woman to think that just because I am intelligent, funny & handsome that I am intimidating. It sounds like a pre-req for a job not a relationship.

Best Answer

Haven't you heard....blonds have more fun!

Best Answer

i think the type of man you are referring to prefers women who lack the traits you mentioned because they are much easier to control. by the way, there are decent men out there that do appreciate smart strong successful women. =)

Best Answer

I don't know why so many women think "the type of man you are referring to" wants to control a woman; rather he merely doesn't wish to be mistreated by one.

Best Answer

You mean BOYS don't like...

Best Answer

Cause they feel threatened<br />
Poor babies

Best Answer

Because of the simple fact that they have given up their femininity in becoming manlike in their drives and ambitions,,, yet still want their cake and eat it.

Best Answer

Smart men do. Surely.

Best Answer

I LOVE THEM. It's only those that let it get to their head and bring it into the bedroom that make a mockery of it. Have told a few gals that were very successful to leave their deeks at the door-we're animals tonight. It's sad how today's folks think the Human animals are not equal. In the bedroom-Males and Females do what they were born to do-it should come naturally for each of the sexes to enrich the experience,..., in the wyas and talents that only each sex can! One or the other pulls the power play-and it's nothing but discount sex. There is no domination in sex-Nature allows both to bring an equal amount of talent to the sheets. You know when a Female allows Nature to run the sheets-she's not mechanical-it's like watching a beautiful colt run for the first time-it was made for it. No,..., Males LOVE strong-intelligent Females. They are so secure in themselves that their role in the bed is truly an exalted one to the Males and the rest of the relationship becomes oh so much more close since they and their Male open up to one another in so very private and vulnerable ways.

Best Answer

They do. It's the strong, successful women who like to have someone as smart as them.

Best Answer