KatarinaVonSweet KatarinaVonSweet 36-40, F 32 Answers Jun 15, 2012

It's a bad game. Low scores or nil - nil. Is it any wonder the crowds fight afrter, They went there to see some action, not just a bunch of guys passing the ball and taking dives.<br />
Believe me, all males do NOT like soccer.

Best Answer

but the world loves it. only america does not. does america exist or does it live?

Best Answer

No. Australia has 4 football codes and soccer is number 4. So, no we don't love it at all. It's mainly immigrants that follow it. I don't mind the EPL but that's it. Prefer even gridiron to soccer and we don't play that here. I get it on cable and it outdoes soccer every day of the week.
Someone uses the old quote of "the beautiful game". Yeah? A nil nil draw is so exciting. And as to beautiful, go check the people fighting in the street over a useless game.

Best Answer

Philistine !

Best Answer

From someone who enjoys the brawling and druken fights after and during ther game. You don't even know the other games so your opinion is qorthless.

Best Answer

Yep, it is boring, usa has a lot of good sports, and they have the pro soccer here along with a lot of kids &amp; youth leagues. Just because most of the world does something does not mean we have to jump on the band wagon. The real question is why would you care what Americans think about the soccer thing.? You got all of the euro groupies, enjoy :)

Best Answer

We have basketball, which is even more annoying.

Best Answer

We don't love soccer because we already have one boring game (ba<x>seball) and that's enough.

Best Answer

Because, to America, they are the world and have no clue what is going on outside their borders.

Best Answer

American girl here...and I love soccer AND football....and I love me some ba<x>seball too! =)

Best Answer

Smart woman!

Best Answer

Hey! , Im an american & i LOVE football! ...so dont speak for ALL americanz plz! ..thank u.

Best Answer

No, dont watch it, think of your women.......

Best Answer

For a sport to succeed the results in matches have to mean something. First of all there hasn't been, until very recently, a credible league in the US and the quality star pla<x>yers have been few and far between. Also you have a number of established sports who have had a vested interest in keeping football out, coupled to the sports you have a vested media interest who trot out propaganda that football is this or that. MLS results are begin to be important to the fans, the US sports media are realising football is the global game and to shut it out of the US is to close themselves out of the World's most lucrative sport. The US produces some astonishing athletes, there is no reason why it won't produce football stars of the future. Football is the people's game, the rules are simple and anyone and everyone can play. I'll go so far as to say the US will acquire a taste for it during the next generation of football pla<x>yers. The US sports fans are dying to see the US take on the World at a global sport (and win!) this will never happen with gridiron, ba<x>seball or basketball, football is the key to this ambition. Give it 10 years, at most, football will fit in to the US sports calendar and be on a par with the big US sports.

Best Answer

all you need is a ball (kicking the ball, kicking the ball), simple, genius

Best Answer

We dig the hell out of it in my little town in Kansas. I am taking the kids to a KC Sporting game tomorrow night. We don't have real hooligans yet (I hope we never do), but we are working on it. Loads of kids play out here, a way bigger percent than in my day. They have been watching the Euro 2012 the last number of days as well. Ever since one of my kids was small, we have gone to the ba<x>sement of a Mexican restaurant to watch Latin leagues in Spanish. Oh, yes, we dig us some futbol.

Best Answer

hoorah!!!! Brilliant .... er, on second thoughts .... NO THINK OF THE AMERICAN FOOTBALL WIDOWS

Best Answer

The chicks go too -- all ages.

Best Answer

Seems like you oughtta be hanging out with the american guys while everyone else is watching football.

Best Answer

guilty. absolutely guilty. he's so hot...... god i love him

Best Answer

Ah.
You go, girl!

Best Answer

Because it requires concentration..........like chess.

Best Answer

I am a football widow :(

Best Answer

Requires acting skills. How many times can you roll over one way and then back again to finish at the referee's feet and pretend someone kicked you? I saw it on a highlights show last night. 12 rolls each way. Then there was a guy who went down, a close up showed him saying "Ow" and then, soon as the referee looked he was writhing in pain and rolling madly away.
That's like chess is it? I think not. I't actually way more boring than chess. *******. Couldn't play a man's game.

Best Answer

I don't like soccer because it's low scoring and long. It's just unimpressive to me.

Best Answer

I am American and I love the game. I think most Americans are afraid of sports that don't spotlight lots of snack time and brainwashing on the TV. ba<x>seball, car racing and basketball are the most boring sports I've encountered but they are huge here. There is no accounting for taste.

Best Answer

Note that young American women are world class in soccer. And the USA is 52% female. Yes, the typical American is a mousy woman with glasses who works in an office. She is fairly competent, but feels rather insecure about her appearance.<br />
Soccer commands fair interest among USA children and boys of high school age, especially in urban areas. Participation in soccer is better than absymal.<br />
Where America differs from Europe is passion for professional sides.<br />
The niche in the European male mind filled by soccer is filled, in the USA, by basketball. There is a big difference though, and this bears on the major handicaps soccer faces in the USA: (1) low scoring, so that victory is often a bit of a fluke; and (2) it is impossible to interrupt the game for televions commercials. Gridiron, basketball, and ba<x>seball have heaps of natural short pauses well suited for TV commercials.

Best Answer

Any sport that can end in a tie (aka draw) will never catch on in America (in my opinion). Even hockey has altered the rules now so that doesn't happen.<br />
Soccer is just too boring for us with very little scoring. I think it's likely due to the broadcast of other sports that we have that other countries don't (basketball, American football, hockey), there's just no room in the ratings for soccer here and I don't see that changing. I can't stand ba<x>seball (so sad that it's labeled as the American pastime) for the same reason, hours of boredom. I have no reasoning why it is so popular here as it flies in the face of my argument. However, there is a lot more scoring in ba<x>seball than in soccer and no game can end in a tie.<br />
Seriously, no one cares about soccer here. No disrespect intended to the sport or it's fans, it's just a fact of life here. To repeat what an earlier poster said, ages 8 and under play soccer in the US and that is about it.

Best Answer

It's okay, the rest of the world will play it without you. And I'll play on ep! :)

Best Answer

Well.........They are running around all over the field doing the same thing 90% of the time, foot techniques & head buts. Gee how much of that can you stand? I know that they are very well conditioned and seasoned athletes, gifted and talented in their own right. I guess if I got drunk I could get into it more?

Best Answer

most things are better with a bit of gentle lubrication

Best Answer

Because Americans love watching people getting the s*h*i*t* kicked out of each other.

Best Answer

is that baseball?

Best Answer

American football is a bit more physical. Brings out the gladiator colliseum in the fans. <br />
I understand rugby is kind of like it but football has rules.

Best Answer

Rugby is like it, League is good. The men have very nice legs

Best Answer

because they are very stupid people.

Best Answer

Peza, pity!!!!!

Best Answer

Hey you're the dumbasses who'd be speaking German today if it wasn't for us. We're the ones who kicked your ***** &amp; threw you out in 1776. So much for the mighty British war machine. Then we handed you your ***** twice in the 20th century. God talk about sore losers.

Best Answer

I thought I was talking about football! Relax.... roll your soldiers.... I mean shoulders.... It will all be fine.

Best Answer

A little to slow and boring for American tastes.

Best Answer

the beautiful game....

Best Answer

Did I say it was ugly?

Best Answer

nil - nil in the rain can be ugly.... especially if the pies run out

Best Answer

The only thing I find remotely ugly connected to the sport are the announcers!

Best Answer

Sports are boring.

Best Answer