MathMan789 MathMan789 36-40, M 8 Answers Nov 30, 2012 in Parenting & Family

This is standard herding practice in humans. An alpha male expects his son to take up the reign of the herd while a female expects to become the member of another herd. It's typical animal reactions.

Best Answer

Naming daughters after their mothers is actually a fairly common practice in many countries. It seems just not in yours.

Best Answer

Oh is it? Pardon my ignorance. Which countries do they do this in?

Best Answer

i actually messed up and named my daughter after her father. He was a douchebag lol.

Best Answer

Like a name with the female form of it? Some girls I met have been given some very bad and obvious female versions of a male name

Best Answer

Its quite common from my background for the girls to be named after one of the grandmothers or their middle name is that of a grandmother. Only one boy (a nephew) is named after his father.

Best Answer

yeah it is more common to be given grandmother's our aunt's name, but almost never from one generation to the very next

Best Answer

Absolutely. Im the only one of my siblings given a Celtic spelling of a name, the rest all have typical biblical names, John, james etc. My mum said she named me but father named my elder brothers.

Best Answer

My folks were very against using biblical names, so my siblings and I got germanic names

Best Answer

Im from a very typical Irish catholic family, par for the course. Every single generation of my family have typical biblical names except me and my great niece who has an African name.

Best Answer

It seems like a lot of women don't particularly love their own first names. I'm sure some men hate their names too, but it's less common to see that.

Best Answer

In Spain all children take their mother's last name as well as their fathers.

Best Answer

so that's why their names are so long

Best Answer

Well, they don't have middle names so typically it is just three names much like here. Unless they come from a well to do family, then you have people carrying multiple names sets forward which gets insane. I have seen people with 8 last names.

Best Answer

I don't know...I find it weird when parents do that.

Best Answer