I am 21, have never been on a date, never been kissed, never been in a relationship. I am shy but friendly once you get to know me, average weight, height, etc. Wear makeup but not too much, I try to look presentable and dress nicely. A lot of my friends are guys, and I'm in to outdoorsy activities,and I consider myself fun. But I almost never get asked out, and the couple of times I was it was by someone I had absolutely no interest in and didn't want to lead them on. I am studying computer science where there are 10 guys for every girl, and still no one ever shows interest in me. After years of this Ive concluded that the reason must be I am simply horribly unattractive,and I'm trying to accept this but its making my self-confidence sink lower and lower. All the guys I like always ignore me even when I try to hang out with them, and I'm getting depressed and lonely and want to just give up on myself. Is something wrong with me? How can I accept my unattractiveness and still be happy?
aaaaaaaahhhh aaaaaaaahhhh 18-21, F 16 Answers Jan 22, 2013 in Singledom

These days many men are afraid of making a first move because they might get accused of "harassment" or worse. If you want to get close to a man you need to be forward and ask him out.

Best Answer

Yeah, like JAnne said confidence will boost your attractiveness. Tell yourself that you are attractive, and that your only roadblock is a mental one. It'll show in your smile and in your eyes :D I don't date guys, so I'm no authority on this subject, but I have friends who tell me what works for them. I really hope you find someone who makes you happy :)

Best Answer

no - theres nothing wrong with you - im running five computer courses , android compiler , c , touch typing , and two other , - and im male and i have over 500 pairs of high heels - and a girlfriend who thinks im the best thing since sliced bread - youll get there - you just havnt met mr right yet - you cant hurry love as the song goes !!! - but you can make friends along the way !!!

Best Answer

500 pairs of heels?
Not that there's anything wrong with that.
...Do you wear them or are they for your girl to put on?
...Just curious.

Best Answer

all proudly mine - i walk better than my girl in them !!

Best Answer

thank you - im probably the only male within 50 miles who gets high heel shoe rage ! - when i first met my girl i used to get hit all the time by her for looking at other girls - all unjustified - until i explained to her exactly WHAT i was looking at - lol - and she never said sorry either - but she does buy me some beautiful heels

Best Answer

Just be yourself and don't focus your thinking on that aspect of social life you think your are missing .. Find something to get involved that you are very passionate about and I'm sure in no time people will be drawn to you....You may not see this as you have still have youth on your side...aspire to reach emotional intelligence...gOOD lUCK

Best Answer

Hello Ms. AH,

Let's think about this for a moment. Of course, guys are attracted to attractive women; that goes without saying.

Have you considered that if you feel depressed that guys pick up on this, and might tend to avoid you? Besides computer science, is there something that you are REALLY good at doing --- that you may be able share your enthusiasm for this activity with other people?

I can imagine that confidence (rather than arrogance) would be very desirable in any person.

Hope this helps,

AnonymousButCandid

Best Answer

I wouldnt suggest changing yourself just to get a date. There are many guys into girls like yourself i.e outdoorsy and nerdy, you just have to be patient, as cliche as that sounds.

Best Answer

Blue girls with a flower in her hair!! Doesn't turn me on!

Best Answer

Maybe the answer is within your question: (1) "A lot of my friends are guys, and I'm in to outdoorsy activities..." (2) "I am studying computer science..." I'm not saying that the guys are right to think this way, but many men do. Also, your friends and colleagues may think of you too much as a friend and too little as a female, maybe because you are really fun (like enjoyable) to be with...

I don't know about the way you look, but if you want to know if there is something wrong with the way you look, just make friendship with other girls... Actually, this must be a good way detect and solve whatever is not working for you. Become friends with more girls.

Best Answer

Ask them out...Do prepare to handle no gracefully though.

Remember, another one will be along presently.

Best Answer

Males of your guild seem prone to hygiene issues... you aren't one of those "I don't bathe during my period" girls, are you?

Best Answer

Try asking the guys out .i like it when a girl asks

Best Answer