I rarely drink and If I do( and I drink with my friends who forces me to drink a lot) I don't get drunk at all but I thought that when you rarely drink you should be the first one to get drunk because you are not used to drinking... (",) I'm confused is there something wrong with me? EDITED: hey.. everyone thought that my friends were forcing me in a bad way but no it's like jokingly forcing me because they feel that I'm a kill joy 'cause I just drink in special occasions. Thanks for your answers all are very helpful.
alone03 alone03 18-21, F 36 Answers Jan 11, 2011

It's your body chemistry.

Best Answer

maybe you just enjoy the company and being a little relaxed.

Best Answer

You probably have a high tolerance. Be careful and be grateful.

Best Answer

high tolerance, and if you work with solvents, like if you're a painter--then your body has enough enzymes to metabolize it at a faster rate

Best Answer

First and most importatnt, noone can FORCE you to "drink a lot" be careful with that. A lot of young people who don't feel the way they think they should fel when they drink or drug keep inreasing the intake until they DO feel it and that is often the beginning of an addiction. I agree with puck61. Be careful and be grateful.

Best Answer

We all have a different tolerance level<br />
Having the experience of drinking just means you are probably used to the taste.

Best Answer

It might also be a matter of what kind of alcohol is best suited for you :S

Best Answer

I to have the same problem. I also have a high tolirance to pain medicine which i take for chronic pain in my back caused by a birth defect and degenerative disk disease. But i have never gotten any kind of high from it at all. Also i have to take twice the amount as normal people because of the high tolorance. When i was in the hospital for my back they gave me morphine and i continued to need more. The nurse and doctors were amazed.<br />
The one nurse even said that and i quote " you should be a drooling bag of kittens now" but no the pain continued. <br />
I would gladly go through any tests theyd like. As i am used to being poked and prodded.<br />
Only i doubt there is a test for such a thing. <br />
All i have to say is it seriously sucks having a severe chronic pain and not ae to find anything that works.<br />
Sorry for spelling been up for 3 days back dosent let me sleep. And im also on my phone.

Best Answer

I found this post, because I was searching to see if anyone else was experiencing what I am. I rarely drink. Rarely = 1-3 drinks per event, 3-4 events per year. Recently, I got an urge to have a pina colada. I had one huge drink with about 3 times the recommended alcohol amount in it. Nothing. I just felt really full and bloated. I don't know what is going on. I took Chantix years ago for quitting smoking, and I wonder if that had something to do with it.

Best Answer

well is it very kind of you to drink with our friends , when you really dont drink and if there is nothing there for you , stop, tell you pals<br />
and if they love you and are your friends, they dont want you to drink for no reason, some people feel so fine without the alka.<br />
i am 813 years old,, drinking and smoking cigarettes is the the hardest thing to quit,, if they are you friends , they dont want you to drink or smoke,, i can quit, the most wonderfull substances i have ever known, but stupidly, cigarettes and drinking if you dont like it is the hardest thing to stop , only because you think your good friends expect that of you,,,,,,,,

Best Answer

Because your body can mobilize the amount of sugar and insulin your body is producing, while breaking down the stimulant in your system. Which means in layman terms. "You have a high tolerance to drinking heavily" Go clean for 40 days, then try it again. I guarantee 4 oz. will put you on your ***.

Best Answer

I'm also a little confused about the topic, I can drink for more than 6-12 hours straight, even when I rarely drink. I'll go through 24 beers, Whiskey, Vodka etc, I don't get drunk, I may become physically intoxicated, but my mental state doesn't change, and no I'm not joking or believe something not true, i've been to the doctor about it also, they agree somethings wrong, but can't figure out why alcohol doesn't cause me anything but physical intoxication and still I need to drink enough to make most people pass out and still i'm fine...I want to enjoy a drink here and there, but unable to feel how others do... :( makes me a little sad i'm unable to be honest

Best Answer

I'm the same way... I was at a party Friday-Monday (doing cigarettes,weed,vodka, and beer) everyone else who was there was GONE (drunk and stoned) I was completely fine. It ****** me off a lot because, I want to be drunk and stoned with them but, I physically cannot. It's BS!

Best Answer

I can't get drunk or even get a buzz. I did a bunch of tequila and vodka shots back in college because college guys said I was making it all up. We all had drinks together. Two hours later, the entire room was dead asleep/passed out. I went home and wrote an essay that was due the next day. I even called myself on the answering machine (back when those existed) and left a message, but I listened to it the next day and I sounded perfectly sober.

A few years ago, there was a Russian girl at work who was proud of her "high Russian tolerance" and she called me out on my inability to get drunk. She said she could drink anyone under the table. At a company party, she was totally gone while I helped her walk. I don't have a high tolerance; I don't have a tolerance at all. I would probably die before I felt even the slightest buzz.

Nowadays, I only drink socially. I have friends who enjoy drinking when we play board games or at a restaurant. I like the taste of fruity drinks, but I think alcohol is an extreme waste of money for me since I don't feel anything from it. Some friends and co-workers think I'm a teetotaler, but I actually do have a drink or two; I just don't feel anything from it. At the same time, I think my liver might not like it so I don't want to keep testing my limits. I just know I've beaten everyone who said they could outdrink me. I don't even feel sick, just bloated from all the liquid. I've never been hungover.

On the bright side, think of it as a super power. We have the mutant power of not getting drunk. Yay? I am curious what a buzz feels like, though. I'll just have to assume it kind of feels like laughing gas, which sort of worked on me, eventually.

I don't want to say that I'm happy there are others out there, since this is something most of us dislike, but I'm going to take it as an advantage that I put poison into my body and still live.

Best Answer

I have the same problem, I am a girl, and when I was still at Uni, people didn't bolieve me, everybody wanted to get me drunk, but instead I was the one that brought everybody home, and woke up at 8 to go to Uni. I do feel a litlle buz, but I wares of in 30 minutes as I stop drinking. So I don't drink, cause if I will I will probably drink my self to death, and honest to got it is nothing special. But these days I lost a lot of weight got a bit sick and from a skinny girl I turnt to worse and knaw I am a "Sceletor" and my boss still has the idea to get me trunk, and I don't want, I didn't get drunk when I was 15, when I was 21, wehn I was 25, when I was 28, and I am out of the spirit, but in 2 weeks we have stupid team bulding, and honestly with my 42 kilos I think I might die what they stored for me.

Best Answer

can't believe there are so many out there.
I had 8 tall sake bottles with my friend and random shots that were handed to us one day. I didn't even feel a thing, just really warm and extremely thirsty. None of my friends believe me. I think it's because none of them were there or even if they were, they passed out and fails to tell the tale for me.
I'm so glad there's others that shares the same fate.
I think it is a curse though.

Best Answer

No matter how much I drink..I do not get drunk. If I try really hard ...all that I get is a buzz of few minutes that too doesn't give enough pleasure coz I know it;s not gonna last long. I hate it..it's waste of money, time and energy.

Best Answer

Well same here i can say it's not a tale cus i have the same issue dnt drink everyday bt whn i do i get buzzed then it goes away fast i keep drinking and want feel anything i thought it was my nerves or stress

Best Answer

i have somewhat of a similar problem too, i am not a drinker and seldom drink. I can't seems to get high, no matter how much i drink. I get red easily after 1 glass of beer, soon after i get itchy all over, feel warm at first then i get so cold that i shivering for quite some time. Yes i have vomited before because of motion sickness, but was still sober enough to walk straight and bring my drunk friends home. Yes some of these are symptoms of being drunk, but i could never get high and crazy. I end up being the one making sure everyone make it back safe. Another symptom i have is my hands get a little puffy and swollen, I think i may be allergic to alcohol.

Best Answer

Sounds like your allergic, or your skin's allergic as alcohol comes out of your sweat glands etc. I'm also slightly allergic, but i lose total feeling or extremely numbed sensations after just a sip, yet I can drink as much as i'd like..

Best Answer

I started drinking when I was 14 but now I'm in my thirties and alcohol doesn't seem to have the same effect as when I was younger. I even tried stopping for a while but no change when I do drink which may be once a month. We all adapt different to or habits good or bad.

Best Answer

may I ask, what affect does it have? and if little, why still drink? unless socially with friends.

Best Answer

my problem too , I drink like 0,5 liter of Vodka and I feel nothing NOTHING ,it's just drive me crazy ! I don't know what to drink to get drunk .

Best Answer

I have a high tolerance. Finished 1 Litre yesterday, even mixed spirits - had some whisky then few glasses of vodka then whisky but did not get too high unlike my friends who were dancing like mad and then they passed out. I was simply buzzed, that too by the end of the session only. <br />
I'm 5 feet and 110 pounds. A girl! But I can drink a lot and be sober. <br />
In the long run, this will damage my liver. So I drink heavy only once a month or two nowadays. Rest of the time I don't drink at all, whats the point of having those calories if u don't enjoy!

Best Answer

This has just Started happening to me in the last year. Well maybe after i had my son . He will be 2 next month. I used to get a buzz but never wasted. But the last 6 times I drank I think ok Im starting to feel it and it goes away.I dont drink much at all maybe once a month or every other. When my kids stay the night with grandma and grandpa it would be nice to have people over and catch a buzz but it goes right away:(. It wasnt like this before so i wonder what had changed

Best Answer

Last night I drank and after 8 shots of captain Morgan, I had not drank in 7 months. And have followed that same pattern for my entire adult life. Nothing happen. It was like i drank water. I am 5'9 190 lbs. Felt like captain america. To fast of a matabolism.

Best Answer