I'm caring, trustworthy, open minded, normal looking (no wacky clothes or crazy makeup- not that there's anything wrong with that, it just turns some people off). I haven't had too many problems meeting guys, but girls are so difficult! Even a guy best friend would be great though. Guys mostly only like me for my looks, I think. Seriously though, why? I've been to parties and I'm like this social butterfly, but only with guys. Then I feel like I'm not good enough so I never talk to them again. And the people I feel good enough for, I didn't "click" with. And although I'm desperate, I feel like I hide it really well. I don't call people all the time or anything. I actually make an effort, but still give people their space. But I get rejected all the time, mostly by people whom I consider my "friends". I care so much about what people think of me. I analyze every text and try to figure out what they're thinking, because I have no idea. I'm really bad at reading people.
unordinarygirl unordinarygirl 18-21, F 15 Answers Jul 7, 2009

Well I don't know anything for a fact, but usually when someone pursues their own interests (hobbies, sports, etc) they meet people along the way. It sounds like you are really hard on yourself and maybe you do have friends, but just are misinterpreting signals. If you are an attractive female who receives lots of male attention that often leads to jealousy from others, which means those people aren't worth your time. Don't worry about wearing the wrong thing or saying something stupid, everybody does those things. Life is about learning about yourself, who you are, what you want, and then turning around and enjoying those things. People come and go, but the best friends like you when you're not trying too hard. Even if you're lonely now or next year, I promise it won't be forever. It never is.

Best Answer

There's your problem! You care TOO MUCH about what other people think of you!

Best Answer

i think i know what youre talking about... you sound like me... you have plenty of ACQUAINTANCES (you know alot of people and they all know who you are & they like you alright but youre not close to them & theyre not close to you) but you have few or no FRIENDS (you know like the ones who are close & would be extremely upset if you like died or something)

Best Answer

I think that some people obsess over the wrong things. While having "friends" is such a nice thing it really is not for everyone! It souldnt weird but you need to wake up and stop overanalyzing every single detail because with behavior like that anyone who was getting close enough to be called a friend will rpobably go the other way. I had a very close friend who I have become distant with because she would ALWAYS ask me a million questions about a text or something I said so start worrying less and be more confortable with yourself and the rest will fall into place :o)

Best Answer

Just relax and take a deep breath. You are trying a bit hard, but here's what I suggest if you feel the need to keep making the attempt:<br />
1. Find someone you are interested in. It can be male or female you know, don't just stick to male. It might be good to try a change of scenery and look for a female. <br />
2. Talk to them! Start casual, if you are at a party comment on the music or decorations. If all goes well, introduce yourself and keep talking. Maybe give and get a phone number. <br />
3. When you say you are not to pushy and need space it leads me to think you lack assertiveness. It's OKAY tone the first to make an offer to hang out. Go ahead and try it. <br />
4. Remember friendships don't start right away. It may take a couple times of hanging out before the person starts to consider you close. Give it time. It will develop nicely if you do. <br />
Well, those are my suggestions. I'm not sure if you agree with them or whether they help or not, but I wish you luck

Best Answer

Control your body language most importantly your eyes because they give you away all the time.

Best Answer

Developing relationships takes a great deal of effort. Perhaps you are not putting out the effort needed to form same sex friendships

Best Answer

Break down the barriers you have put up around yourself a little as a time. Good Luck.

Best Answer

I'm guessing that you get along better with boys because you have more in common with them. There's nothing wrong with that. I sometimes have trouble relating to my female friends, so I tend to hang out with my guy friends more often. Perhaps you're the same way. If you want, I'll be your friend.

Best Answer

well your in my circle...i also smiled at you and sent you a flower........

Best Answer

It all boils down to how you feel about yourself. trust me I would know. if you got any questions,even though I am around the same age group as you don't hesitate to ask!

Best Answer

Hi unordinarygirl<br />
Your question is not true. Anylonger.<br />
:)

Best Answer