people are fickle, dont take vows seriously, its such a shame, marraige should be for life..not a phase!!

Best Answer

Materialistic mentality means..... money & sex are more important than morals, values, religions,society & trust. The more materialistic society , the more divorced society, regardless of country. It's plain and simple

Best Answer

I do not know enough about India to give a fair answer to your question, but I do know that there are places where it is OKAY to abuse your wife and if she tries to leave, she can be put to death, or mutilated or both. Also it is okay for the husbands to have other women, but a woman can be put to death for adultery. I'm sure that would make for some very long marriages. Are they happy marriages? I couldn't say.

Best Answer

Seriously? Here, abuse means jail.
Sorry for those abused females.

Best Answer

Yes, me too. It's good that men are not allowed to abuse their families in India. That must make for happier marriages.

Best Answer

Some still do. Like one in rural places.
But I've never seen a case of this sort around.

Best Answer

You're lucky. It makes me wonder why so many people are immigrating to Canada and the US. Do you have a lot of Canadian immigrants to India?

Best Answer

I don't know about most countries, but I think many marriages fail because the partners got married way to young....<br />
couples that get married late 20s mid 30s last longer... couples that get married over 40 rarely get a divorce...<br />
...probably has everything to do with maturing personalities....

Best Answer

My mom was 20. Dad 23. 17 years. Still happy together.
23 is JUST THE PERFECT AGE for marriage here.
1 out of 100 is the case of singleships here.

Best Answer

was it an arranged marriage? (which (for westerners funnily enough) makes for a higher success rate then people have to find their own mate)

Best Answer

It was arranged. And they are damn happy. And act like bf/gf's sometimes. Seriously. lol.

Best Answer

Sometimes, falling in love i a mistake. Young hearts. Wrong partner. Means divorce. Parents choose correct partners.
But it depends on the family and kids wha' they choose LOVE or ARRANGED.

Best Answer

Most countries have long, happy marriages. Just not the US, for some reaso. I live in the US, btw. I think people here are too spoiled, demanding, and materialistix. They have completely broken priorities and expectations.

Best Answer