ericforman66 ericforman66 36-40, M 8 Answers May 7, 2011

Women fought for the freedom to dress as they wish. Men have just accepted their position. <br />
If women can wear trousers, men should be able to wear dresses.

Best Answer

No thanks, I'd rather wear a kimino (there are masculine varieties) or a toga (a real one, with a tunic underneath). Cassocks are also nice, as long as you don't try impersonating a priest (unless you are in a movie).

Best Answer

I'm not meant to care about how I appear?? But this is a great question. I've been bemoaning this for a long time now. Did you see the Project Runway where they asked the 'up and coming and amazingly talented designers" to make a men's suit and half of them didn't even finish the product. Those that did were not exactly proud of their work. shameful. Women can wear such a wide variety of style and colour even in the workplace hell they could wear combat fatigues and call it fashion and get away with it. If I change the colour of my tie its a news worthy event. heaven forbid i chose something pink. it'll call into question my masculinity. People are such sheep.

Best Answer

Very well put, thanks. Even if I wasn't interested in aesthetics, just knowing there's a barrier to creativity/individualism makes me want to rebel!

Best Answer

They do. Become a "hipster".<br />
;)

Best Answer

Hmm, me a hipster eh? You may be on to something there... I'll try it! Your picture has me thinking now, maybe it goes a lot deeper than clothes. Women still win out over men for fashion even when everyone's naked! :)

Best Answer

because retailers know that women do the most shopping so that's where the advertising and shop stock is geared towards. Guys are not meant to care as much about what they're wearing

Best Answer

Because women are not expressing their desire to see men in different robes which may slightly exhibitionist and sexy in nature...!

Best Answer

Men do have wardrobe freedoms but choose not to exercise those privileges. As a guy I quickly found that the comfort of wearing a skirt was sufficient to cause me to donate most of my pants to charity. Pleasing my neighbors doesn't concern me since they don't even drive the same kind of a car that I do. Most men are just too cowardly & sexually insecure to even step one inch "outside of the box".

Best Answer